6 Movies Where There Is a Male Victim of Rape (Spoilers)

First of all, I don't want people to misinterpret this Take: I'm not advocating rape or any sex crime. They are abhorrent and cruel actions. Crime is a bad thing. Anal rape isn't the only way a man can be raped or sexually assaulted. These movies do a good job acknowledging the elephant in the room.

"Richochet" (1991)

In this movie, the protagonist played by Denzel Washington is tied up on a chair and is raped by a woman. Before he is raped, he begs to not be raped. I can almost guarantee you that a lot of people thought it was funny, unfortunately.

"I'll Sleep When I Die" (2003)

In this movie a man (played by Jonathan Rhys Meyers) is walking in a street at night, and two men ambush him and drag him into a alley. As the two men restrain him, the male antagonist rapes him. The man commits suicide out of guilt for involuntary pleasure. It is not meant to be a comedy.

In Hell (2003)

A 21 year old man (Chris Moir) is in prison and is constantly raped by other prisoners, and eventually he succumbs to his injuries.

Bigfoot County (2012)

It's a found footage movie; towards the end of the movie the protagonists are kidnapped by a group of men that live in the woods. One of the protagonists is bound and gagged. The group of men ogle him and then hold him down while they rape him.

Messengers 2: The Scarecrow (2009)

A man walks into a woman's residence, the woman gives the man tea that has been laced with sedatives. After the man drinks it, he collapses and the woman proceeds to rape him while he is barely conscious.

The Rookie (1990)

Clint Eastwood's character is kidnapped and tied down and the female villain rapes him. As the female is squatting on him, she orders Clint's character to not loose his erection. Oh yeah, Clint directed this movie as well. Who would have thought that one of Clint Eastwood's characters would be in such a predicament? Clint did a good job directing this movie.

There are many more movies were these incidents happen but they are depicted in comedic ways which is why I didn't feature them here. For those who say The Game of Thrones has male rape scenes, only one of those parts is considered rape and I think it happens in the books not in the TV show. The Matrix has a scene where the male protagonist (Keanu Reeves) has his shirt ripped open and is pinned down on a table by two men and has a robotic bug placed on his stomach that burrows into his navel. It's not a rape scene but it's still not for the faint of heart. I've never been a victim of a sex crime and I don't want to be one. Rape happens to men in real life but a lot of men stay quiet about it due to shame.

616
ADFSDF1996 is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Most Helpful Girl

• Good to see films acknowledging that this kind of thing happens to guys too.

Most Helpful Guy

• how is deliverence not on this list

• I've never heard of it.

• @TheSpartan
      Not really, thats not even the most famous scene in the movie

• "squeal like a pig, boy!"

Join the discussion

What Girls Said 5

• Nice take

• Wow.

• They are mostly Raped by Other Men. That really says something doesn’t it? Smh.

• Movies will rarely show a female on male rape scene because people sadly don’t take it seriously. Many men who experience such a thing usually stay quiet.

• What about The Name Of The Rose? Young priest played by Christian Slater gets raped by a horny girl.

• American History X
    Deliverance
    Pulp Fiction
    All have male rape scene.

• I ain't through with you by a damn sight, imma get medieval on your ass

• Interestingly the question posed earlier in the movie by Samuel L. Jackson is Does Marcellus Wallace look like a Bitch and you find out, he does indeed

What Guys Said 15

• awesome take bro!

I like to add Knock Knock to the list as this movie is very iconic for the fact that Keanu gets raped by two females in this movie

• As others have said, Deliverance and Pulp Fiction has scenes in them. American History X had a prison rape scene in it as well.
    It's been ages since I've seen Ricochet and the fact that he gets drugged prior to the rape, and then the whole scene is video taped to blackmail him is disturbing

• You forgot Deliverance (1972):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqNMjZpSbnU

• What about Pulp Fiction? That's the first one that comes to my mind!

• Deliverance
    American history x
    40 days and 40 nights (which ironically is a rom-com)

• Mark Corrigan was raped by a woman on Peep Show.

I know you said you chose not to mention comedic ones. However I found this scene on Peep Show to be horrifying and infuriating (not angry at the show, but so involved in the show as an audience that I was angry at the woman). I'm not sure if it was meant to be funny.. I felt like it was handled quite well. Mark was traumatised and as I recall Jez did not make funny of it. I feel like it was meant as a contributing factor to the horrible character's.. horribleness. While a comedy Peep Show is at times very dark and disturbing.

• How is pulp fiction not on the list?

• What happened to Deliverance?

• You forgot Shawshank Redemption.

• Shawshank Redemption...

• What in the actual fuck is wrong with society?

• @Aldrich It went from barbarism to decadence without passing through civilization.
      (Not sure if the quote is from Oscar Wilde or Clemenceau)

• I have no idea

• You forgot deliverance.

• Wasn't there also one with Thomas Jane?