12 Movies That Will Suck in 2018

12 Movies That Will Suck in 2018

Ahh 2018... I had hoped you would be better (at least movie wise) than 2017, I was wrong. I cant' say I'm looking forward to too much in the next year but most of my hopes died with the Justice League. This is a small list of movies that I think will butcher their story lines just like The League did. To be fair I did leave off a few out of a glimmer of hope I have for them. Again these are only the top 12 I'm not looking forward too. So if I don't mention a film feel free to add it below. (Trailers where available.)

1. Pacific Rim Uprising

Sequel to 2012's Pacific Rim. The original film centers on a defense force consisting of mechas, giant robots and their human pilots, who are fighting to save humanity from gigantic monsters invading from an other-worldly dimension.

Why it will suck: Six years after the first film is too long of a wait and John Boyega as a lead actor seems forced. (No puns please) This movie is most likely to be a "Power Ranger-esk" type movie and robots of any kind are no longer a big draw at the box office from what I've seen. The lack of cameos by the original cast may signal it's downfall that much faster.

2. Fifty Shades Freed

Believing they have left behind shadowy figures from their past, newlyweds Christian and Ana fully embrace an inextricable connection and shared life of luxury. But just as she steps into her role as Mrs. Grey and he relaxes into an unfamiliar stability, new threats could jeopardize their happy ending before it even begins.

Why it will suck: Because Hollywood has already failed twice to bring these books to life. First with casting and secondly with trying to make a main stream porn-like film. Best case it will be a like trying to have sex while drunk on Whiskey. A lot of fumbling, some passing out in the middle of it and no climax. In other words welcome to Basic Instinct 3!

3. A Wrinkle in time

Follows Meg Murry (Storm Reid), a young girl traumatized by the disappearance of her scientist father (Pine) years before. She finds herself on an interplanetary journey with a schoolmate and her younger brother to find her father. They are aided by a trio of supernatural beings: Mrs. Whatsit (Witherspoon), Mrs. Who (Kaling) and Mrs. Which (Oprah).

Why it will suck: Oprah and Witherspoon are box office killers. Oprah most of all. Discounting those to cast members this movie might play well for kids and tweens but the extensive CGI looks like the main star of the film. Naturally meaning lack of character development and loss of story will follow.

4. Rampage

Primatologist Davis Okoye (The Rock), a man who keeps people at a distance, shares an unshakable bond with George, the extraordinarily intelligent, silver-back gorilla who has been in his care since birth. But a rogue genetic experiment gone awry transforms this gentle ape into a raging monster. To make matters worse, it’s soon discovered there are other similarly altered alpha predators. As these newly created monsters tear across North America, destroying everything in their path, Okoye teams with a discredited genetic engineer to secure an antidote, fighting his way through an ever-changing battlefield, not only to halt a global catastrophe but to save the fearsome creature that was once his friend.

Why it will suck: Rampage was an idiotic video game to begin with and it had a horrible ending so don't expect anything good coming from the movie version. This will go down as another failed Godzilla type film with Baywatch type acting.

5. Overboard

12 Movies That Will Suck in 2018

The story will focus on a spoiled playboy from one of Mexico’s wealthiest families (Eugenio Derbez) who falls overboard off his yacht. He’s then convinced by a single, working-class mom (Anna Faris) that he’s her husband.

Why it will suck: It won't play to this generation like it did in the original 80's version. The update just seems like a dim-witted honey trap of a film. But the positive is... never mind I got nothing.

6. Solo: A Star Wars Story

12 Movies That Will Suck in 2018

The movie will explore the duo’s adventures before the events of Star Wars: A New Hope, including their early encounters with that other card-playing rogue from a galaxy far, far away, Lando Calrissian.

Why it will suck: Disney... just STOP! Lucas' Prequels were bad enough but Disney just cares about toy sales so I'm sure it will feature some unknown "cute" thing to boost those sales. Let's not even mention that the new actors look nothing like Han or Lando.

7. Ocean's 8

Debbie Ocean (Sandra Bullock) attempts to pull off the heist of the century at New York City’s star-studded annual Met Gala. Her first stop is to assemble the perfect crew: Lou (Cate Blanchett); Nine Ball (Rihanna); Amita (Mindy Kaling); Constance (Awkwafina); Rose (Helena Bonham Carter); Daphne Kluger (Anne Hathaway); and Tammy (Sarah Paulson).

Why it will suck: Did we even ask for this! Can't we find an original story for a kick-ass female buddy-buddy flick? And why put Rihanna in it! She can't act. Or do you need a Battleship reminder?

8. The Predator

12 Movies That Will Suck in 2018

An ex-Marine discovers the existence of fierce aliens but finds that no one believes they exist. (A sequel to the '87 original.)

Why it will suck: This was supposed to be a outright reboot which would've been good for the Franchise as a whole. But oh no, Shane Black had to make it another crappy sequel. Personally, I don't think the Olivia Munn or Thomas Jane can save this would be flop. Especially with Keegan-Michael Key thrown in.

9. Scarface

12 Movies That Will Suck in 2018

An outsider, an immigrant barges his way into the criminal establishment in pursuit of a twisted version of the American dream, becoming a kingpin through a campaign of ruthlessness and violent ambition. Staring Diego Luna (Who?) as Tony Montana.

Why it will suck: It's literally set to "blend" both the '32 and '83 versions into one film that's set in L.A.. In other words very little new and nobody close to Pacino's acting talents is in it. Which should be the only Red Flag you need to not watch it.

10. Robin Hood

12 Movies That Will Suck in 2018

The story will center on Robin Hood being a war-hardened crusader and joining with a Moorish commander in an audacious revolt against the corrupt English crown. Staring Taron Egeron as Robin and Jamie Foxx as Little John.

Why it will suck: As if we need another retelling of Robin Hood so soon after the Ridley Scott muck up of Robin Hood. I heard the original title of this was Robin Hood: Up Schit's Creek. As much as like Jamie Foxx and Taron Egeron this just seems like another King Arthur: Legend of the Sword tragedy in the making.

11. Mortal Engines

Thousands of years after civilization was destroyed by a cataclysmic event, humankind has adapted and a new way of living has evolved. Gigantic moving cities now roam the Earth, ruthlessly preying upon smaller traction towns. Tom Natsworthy (Robert Sheehan)—who hails from a Lower Tier of the great traction city of London—finds himself fighting for his own survival after he encounters the dangerous fugitive Hester Shaw (Hera Hilmar). Two opposites, whose paths should never have crossed, forge an unlikely alliance that is destined to change the course of the future.

Why it will suck: Peter Jackson LOVES CGI way too much! Nobody wants to see Wild Wild West 2. Or a Futurama style walking city full of one dimensional Lobster like rulers. Seriously Pete, just go and find another Hobbit film to mess up. I mean can you even tell what this film is about from the trailer or description?

12. Mary Poppins Returns

Set in Depression-era London of the 1930s, Mary Poppins Returns sees Michael and Jane Banks (Whishaw and Mortimer) now grown up. After Michael suffers a personal loss, Mary Poppins re-enters the lives of the Banks family and, along with the street lamplighter Jack (Miranda), uses her unique magical skills to help the family rediscover the joy and wonder missing in their lives.

Why it will suck: "Let's go Fly a Kite!" Life is crap but a singing Nanny solves everything...Not! Let's hope they at least leave out the animated penguins. Why are you subjecting us to these craptacular sequels Disney!

Now I was gonna mention one other movie but I'm hoping the ensembleness of X-Men might down play Sophie Turner's acting ability. Or maybe she'll stop taking acting lessons from Kristen Stewart. Anyways that's the list. Do you agree? If not, What Movie do you think will bomb in 2018?

3333
pervertedjester is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Most Helpful Girl

• Gawd, you sure are making a lot of negative assumptions. Reviewers usually wait to actually see a movie before stating it sucks. Have a little faith that movie makers sometimes get it right. If you are this negative with all other aspects of your life, you must be miserable to live with.
    To quote one past movie...
    “I find your lack of faith disturbing.” — Darth Vader

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • "Nooooooooooooooooooo!"-Darth Vader. I wanna be proven wrong but I see little evidence to do that.

• Unless you e pre-screened these films, You’ve actually seen little “evidence” in either direction.

• I actually read more about these movies in 2 weeks than most people learn from the movies themselves. The more re-shoots, re-writes and actor/director replacements a film has the worse they become. The list wasn't put together on a whim and I left a lot out so my "negative assumptions" wouldn't ruin/spoil things to come. Research with care and posting without spoiling.

Most Helpful Guy

• The only ones that look decent are Solo, Rampage, predator and Mortal engines. I’m looking forward to the New Jurassic world movie though.

The one movie I’m also looking forward to won’t come out till 2020, Indiana Jones 5.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Same here when it comes to The Predator, I'd take standalone sequels any day for Predator instead if the bullshit that Alien vs. Predator movies had turned out to be.

Join the discussion

What Girls Said 32

• Im honestly so sick of the prequels, sequels, remakes that keep coming up lately.
    There are so many amazing books to adapt out there, why not go for that if you're out of ideas?

Honestly prefer watching TV series much more nowadays, films just struggle to gain the same depth as series do now.

• I still have an intriguing eye for The Wrinkle In Time... Call me optimistic. =)

As for the others - the Star Wars one will be a bust for sure... at least for the actual fans who care about the story plot - or so I've heard...

Oceans 8 - will see it, although I haven't seen any of the others. Haha

• I only came here to make sure black panther wasn't on this list lol. I was ready to fight! But I haven't heard of most of these. I will say that I'm kind of excited for Ocean's 8. And I haven't even watched 50 Shades Darker. The books are so much better.

• 50 Shades is low hanging fruit man. of course the abuse porn movie is gonna suck. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that.

Pacific Rim looks good and tbh I don't think you care what's actually good you just wanna complain about shit to complain which isn't nearly as cute as you think it is.

• I just recently saw the "Overboard" trailer and I am not excited. Why do they have to remake everything? The same goes for Mary Poppins (though I have more hope for that one).

• You're right! These will all suck but I think Pacific Rim Uprising & Solo might squeak in enough sales to earn significant profits.

• Lol, I haven't even heard of most of them, but they kind look interesting. We prob never heard of them, because they weren't voted very good in the box office.

• My opinion
    I'm not a movie person
    I love to research and learn new stuff everyday.
    So I would have to say none of these movies interest me. I rather learn on how to build a computer by scratch than watching a dumb down movie that is pointless and non educational to me. Or I rather be learning how to make new reciepe since I'm a chef
    I love to keep my mind productive in a positive way use it to its full potential

• I'm optimistic about Ocean's 8, even if it's not original. You can't go wrong with that cast, except Rihanna, haven't seen her in the other movie though.
    The other movies.. I didn't even know were in the making.

• I agree with all except for mortal engines and solo a star wars story, I'm just glad you didn't put 'ready player one' in there cause that movie looks fucking AMAZING

• I AGREE WITH ALL EXCEPT FOR WRINKLE IN TIME, RAMPAGE, and PREDATOR! So ready to see those 3

• Glad to hear someone else up for watching The Predator. I'm just glad that they're back as standalones REGARDLESS if whether they are sequels, prequels, reboots, etc. Instead of the bullshit that it was when combined with Alien on the big screen. Don't get me wrong, they had the potential to get a properly written and executed Alien vs. Predator movie, but they rather had turned it into a quck cash-in popcorn flick instead. And I heard Disney bought 20th Century Fox, so I don't know what the future will be for those franchises, probably will not be good.

• @JudgmentDay lol believe it or not, i liked both AVPs haha. But my fave Predator movie is honestly the one that everyone hates, the last one with Adrien Brody. I honestly watched the first Predator wih Arnold schwarzenegger like last year for the first time 🙈 i give it 6/10 and i still have yet to see the one withh Danny Glover. I saw where the predator came into
      Town but thats bout it lol

• The fanbase had a consensus that AvP were both disastrous. Biggest problem is the large amount of inconsistencies and cardboard cur and paste type of characters for their cast. They also fucked up big time choosing to set BOTH movies in modern times Earth instead of a Distant Future type of setting. Outer Space would have kept full consistency will all previously established content for AvP, such as the games and comics, as virtually all of them had their plots and storylines set in the distant future until the first movie decided to fuck with the consistency of it. Speaking of Predators, I felt extra pissed off, because that movie's plot WAS set in Outer Space DESPITE being in modern times. Meaning they really could have made an AvP movie in Outer Space in the first place if they had re-use that "Game Preserve" type of complete jungle planet as a background setting instead instead of that bullshit settings of Antarctica and a modern day city in the USA.

• Not interested in any except 50 Shades, I think the first one was a laugh, second I wasn't too keen, but I'm looking forward to this one! I think Mary Poppins Returns will ruin the original

• Damn, this makes me glad I grew up in the 80s and 90s where we had some crappy movies but not a dozen sequels and remakes. It all looks disastrous.

• Not sure about Pacific Rim, the original's marketing comment by Del Toro himself was "Do you want to see big robots beating the crap out of sea monsters?", so not expecting a single bit of story there. I love mechas and Del Toro, so I'm in for that.
    Ocean's 8... Bullock has been good on that role already (Congeniality, Heat) and the rest of the cast is awesome (not Rhianna tho), so may be able to pull that one.
    Poppins, I may just want to watch Emily Blunt (super like her), and the penguins as you say.
    Solo... I'm a fangirl, so I will just shut my mouth off on that one.
    Scarface, Diego Luna has been pushing to star on some movies (Rogue One, Elysium, The Terminal and other Mexican big movies)... the story has to be super amazing and the acting to just even be on par with Pacino, so yeah big flop
    No comments on the rest

• Haha I'm a fan of Emily Blunt too. xD She's seriously one of the best actresses out there, in my opinion. It will be a crime if she doesn't win an Oscar some day!

• Haha true; she stole all of her scenes in "The Devil Wears Prada"!

And her acting significantly elevated movies like "The Huntsman" and "The Girl on the Train", which I think would have been much worse without her.

As for "Edge of Tomorrow", honestly the first thing I always remember of her in that... is her sweaty exercise scenes. xDDD <3

• @dissolute_dog Yeah, there is special attention to that "stunt", according to the commentaries she can do that yoga position IRL, which the director saw and included after watching her, only after several takes she needed cables to keep doing it.

• i was just thinking about a wrinkle in time the other day. i really hated that book. was forced to read it in 2nd grade.

• Wow... those... look terrible. I have no interest in seeing any of those films.

• I'd pay matinee for the Living Machine one (LOL) Mortal Engine XD

• Oh I have hopes for A Wrinkle in Time but yes the rest look ridiculous

• Interesting take. I am still going to watch those movies :D Thanks.

• Solo, Ocean's 8 and Mary Poppins might not suck... but the rest surely will

• More from Girls
    12

What Guys Said 32

• I'd agree with all of these except one... A Wrinkle in Time.

Now... don't get me wrong, it will probably suck all things considered. BUT... it's not a guarantee as, unlike most of these other movies it has incredibly solid source material. If it sticks with the story of the book it has the POTENTIAL to be excellent. It still might suck, but unlike the others I don't believe it's a guarantee for it to suck, rather... it's a likelihood.

• @pervertedjester I'll still watch "The Predator", but that's only because I RATHER it be standalone without it being another ALIEN vs. PREDATOR, as AvP movies were even bigger messes and had even more inconsistencies with the originals. I won't deny that it's still franchise milking, and that NONE of the sequels to Predator can come close to holding a candle to the original.

• I’m looking forward to several of those films and can’t really dismiss them till I’ve seen them. I was unaware of the Predator sequel but have always enjoyed Thomas Janes work. I think he was the best Punisher and his show Hung showed his range pretty well.

• lol at your comments about "X-Men: Dark Phoenix" at the bottom. xD I have some misgivings about it too: it's a first-time director, Sophie Turner said that the movie was shot mostly with handheld camerawork, Jubilee is somehow missing here after getting a promising intro in "Apocalypse", AND the musical composer John Ottman has not been announced to return yet.

BUT, it's still my most anticipated movie of 2018. I've been a fan overall of the X-Men series by 20th Century Fox since it started in 2000, and a HUGE fan of what they did in recent years to provide "counter-programming" against the MCU movies by Disney that have put me off lately. So it was a sad day for me when the recent news came that Disney has bought out Fox, and so the X-Men would be rebooted into the MCU. =/

This looks like truly the last main X-Men film in the current series that began in 2000, so let's hope it will be a good one, and a good finale.

• I agree on everything but Pacific Rim - it will be cool!

• The only one of these that has potential in my eyes is Solo. The current Star Wars movies have been damn good - MILES better than the prequels - and I think Solo's life has a lot of gold to mine.

Otherwise, all of these sequels and reboots are about to make my head explode. Pacific Rim was predictably awful, and Rampage is just a dumbed down Kong with white fur instead of black. Ugh.

We need more movies with little-to-no CGI, based on an ORIGINAL story.

I really hope Spielberg's take on Ready Player One is good. I loved the book.

• Holy shit that is one list of crap movies.

I can't believe they are trying to remake a classic like Scarface.

Oprah in a movie? Just drop a nuke on me now.

• I think you've nailed this pretty damn well.

I'm also confident none of these will be any good.

• Oceans 8, really? another feminists movie? can't they just come up with an original story? They already failed with Ghostbusters

• i agree that most of these will probably be disappointments. the number of sequels and remakes shows just how devoid of ideas hollywood is and hoping people will simply throw money at something familiar.

ocean's 11 was a particular fave of mine but even by the second film (which i still liked) you could see that it was running out of ideas and basically just re-telling the same story with a slight change in the heists. so this ocean's 8 seems like a simple grab at women's money seeing the same movie only with female protagonists

• Hollywood has honestly sucked for years now. No original ideas just rehashed garbage. With way too much reliance on special effects and CGI.

• I have to agree, sequels and remakes seldom do well, just goes to show you that they have no new ideas anymore in Hollywood

• Ugh, those look terrible. I didn't know most of them were coming back on. Star wars is being milked something fierce.

• Not enough information about Scarface to say for sure whether it'll suck. I'm inclined to give it a chance simply because last I heard there were some pretty talented people connected to the project. I'm not going to hate something just because it's a remake. In fact, seeing a modern retelling of the classic story could turn out to be interesting, who knows. I'm not saying I'm sold or anything, but I'm also not going to write it off either, at least until there are more concrete details available.

• I didn't go to any movie theater in 2016 or 2017.
    So 2018? I doubt it.

• Why the fuck did they make another 50 shades?
    And you don't remake Scarface, you simply dont.

• I im totally sure the New of fifty shades is gonna suckk

• All those films looks terrible and I won't be seeing them till they hit Redbox.

• eh, willing to give Pacific Rim a chance since my family loves it.

but Fifty Shades Free... Jesus, that's still around?

• They’re remaking Scarface again?

• It's actually been in planning for years. The last attempt was turned into Scarface: Carlito's way, which was horrid.

• More from Guys
    12