What dress should I wear to go with my boyfriend's family to church on Christmas Eve? 😊?

Hey guys!☺️
I've never met my boyfriend's parents before and I'm a bit nervous. I'll be staying with his family this year for Christmas. They go to a Catholic Church and I don't want to be too under or over dressed. Could you tell me which dress you think is best?

Thank you for your opinions!πŸ˜ŠπŸ’—

• What dress should I wear to go with my boyfriend's family to church on Christmas Eve? 😊?Dress 1
    Vote A
  • What dress should I wear to go with my boyfriend's family to church on Christmas Eve? 😊?Dress 2
    Vote B
  • What dress should I wear to go with my boyfriend's family to church on Christmas Eve? 😊?Dress 3
    Vote C
  • What dress should I wear to go with my boyfriend's family to church on Christmas Eve? 😊?Dress 4
    Vote D
  • None of these! Just a sweater and jeans will do 😉
    Vote E
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I'd choose the first dress. The change in color is a nice touch from being one solid color which can be boring. The glitter on the top is also unique and adds to the outfit. If you want, I recommend adding some accessories as well like a bracelet, necklace, earrings, etc. Not too much though.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• As a Catholic Church member, Christmas is very formal in my congregation. Men wear suits and tie. 1st dress is too short and more teenager fashion, the velvet is too plain, the black one is not a good color choice. I voted red dress because that's what I'd choose to wear 1) to a catholic mass 2) to meet boyfriends parents because it's classy and sophisticated, and age appropriate 3) the color is pretty and festive for the occasion.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Thank you so much!πŸ’— The only thing I'm concerned about is it's kind of low in the back. Perhaps I could cover it with a sweater, though. I'll probably just end up going shopping for a dress that's fitting for the occasion.

• Show All
    • I really appreciate all of your input! I was raised in non denominational churches, pretty casual aside from Easter Sunday so I'm not too familiar with this πŸ˜…. He told me a nice sweater and pair of pants would be perfect... but in pictures his mom and sister are always in dresses for mass. + on top of that it'll be Christmas Eve. So I'm not quite sure what to do πŸ˜…

• Dressy and natural looking makeup. Can't go wrong. No super high heels.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 21

• The last one's really nice. If it's dressier than expected, it still works, but it's also simple enough if it ends up more casual than expected. I'm not Catholic but my church and churches I've been to tend to be business casual, and some are business dress. Dress #4 is so versatile you don't even have to worry about it

0|0
    0|0
  • Dress 3 is your safe choice since its the least revealing. If thats not an issue, then id go for the red one. But just to be sure, you should check on church dressing code so you won't screw up with the color of the dress or something else..

0|0
    0|0
  • Well I've never been to a catholic church since I'm Pentecostal but we normally dress really nice in full suits and dresses for church lol.

So dresses 3,4 are similar to what I've seen.

0|0
    0|0
  • The first dress is the best. It is sparkly but not overly bold... it makes you stand out but not too much. Red dress makes you stand out too much... the cut is a bit off putting.

0|0
    0|0
  • Just don't go that'd be boring as ****. No seriously, just wear the same you would with your family, why such a deal about that?

0|0
    1|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 21

• I love the second dress!
    Most appropriate and looks the best. =)

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm catholic. All of the dresses are church appropriate but the bright red one looks gorgeous. That one for sure!

0|0
    0|0
  • I think dress two would be appropriate. The color is very festive.

But why Christmas already?

0|0
    0|0
    • Thank you!!😊 We've been dating for a while but live across the country from each other. Haha I just got nervous and couldn't stop thinking about it tonight. I've never done the whole "meet the parents" thing πŸ˜… especially nervous about staying with his entire family for a whole week!

• It will be fun! wish you all the best. :)

• Ummm you will freeze wearing that... most people will be wearing sweaters and turtlenecks and layers...

0|0
    0|0
  • Dress 2 looks beautiful on you. Church is considered a formal event , so you are going to have to wear a dress.

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Girls

Recommended myTakes