I'm interested...she's not..then ignore her...why does she want to flirt again?

I've asked girls I like out on dates and I've been turned down or gotten mixed signals...such as sure sounds fun mind if blah blah and blah come along..and I say something like sure I'll talk to you about later. Then I never do...I'm polite and say hi and make small talk but no longer show interest in her. No longer ask her about her day offer to buy her coffee or a drink. Sitt by her at lunch and start spending time with other woman. Then out of nowhere maybe 2, 3 weeks even a month later she becomes super friendly. Walks by smiles "where have you been, haven't seen you around". Becomes overly flirty..

Maybe I'm jaded and I don't think she's into me or I remember her turning me down or being less then enthusiastic about being asked to go out. I just ignore her attempts to be flirty, shut it down completely and just say "hey...well I have to get going". Even though they are showing re-newed interest in me, I feel its only because they miss the attention and see another girl getting it and they don't really like me. It's an issue I can't get over...do I put myself back out there? Why is she all of a sudden wanting to flirt as if she is hoping I'd ask her out again. I never do I fear she'd turn me down again and like I say I ignore her. This has happened more than ones with multiple woman I've been interested in. I really like them want to get to know them get shut down go through a period of keeping my distance since it sort of hurt my ego...then randomly they want to be "overly friendly"
I'm interested...she's not..then ignore her...why does she want to flirt again?
Post Opinion