I'm interested...she's not..then ignore her...why does she want to flirt again?

I've asked girls I like out on dates and I've been turned down or gotten mixed signals...such as sure sounds fun mind if blah blah and blah come along..and I say something like sure I'll talk to you about later. Then I never do...I'm polite and say hi and make small talk but no longer show interest in her. No longer ask her about her day offer to buy her coffee or a drink. Sitt by her at lunch and start spending time with other woman. Then out of nowhere maybe 2, 3 weeks even a month later she becomes super friendly. Walks by smiles "where have you been, haven't seen you around". Becomes overly flirty..

Maybe I'm jaded and I don't think she's into me or I remember her turning me down or being less then enthusiastic about being asked to go out. I just ignore her attempts to be flirty, shut it down completely and just say "hey...well I have to get going". Even though they are showing re-newed interest in me, I feel its only because they miss the attention and see another girl getting it and they don't really like me. It's an issue I can't get over...do I put myself back out there? Why is she all of a sudden wanting to flirt as if she is hoping I'd ask her out again. I never do I fear she'd turn me down again and like I say I ignore her. This has happened more than ones with multiple woman I've been interested in. I really like them want to get to know them get shut down go through a period of keeping my distance since it sort of hurt my ego...then randomly they want to be "overly friendly"
Post Opinion