What "unusual" food is served in your country and nowhere else?

I would like to introduce to everyone "Czernina"
What

It is a soup made from duck or goose blood, known as (char-NEE-nah), czernina and czarna polewka, is a Polish soup that originated as a way to use up every part of a slaughtered duck or goose. It gets its name from the word "black" -- "czarny" referring to its dark color. Typically made with dried fruits, blood and vinegar which prevents the blood from clotting at the same time giving it a sweet-sour flavor. In the past it was served to usuccessful Polish suitors from the maiden's parents to let them know their advances were not welcome.

1126

Most Helpful Girls

• I live in the U. S so we have some unusual foods that a person would enjoy if they have an acquired taste for it such as pickled pigs feet, Rocky Mountain Oysters (fried bulls testicles) and deep fried butter which is usually served at state fairs and carnivals. I have tried all of these and don't really care for the flavors at all but, I am pretty brave when it comes to trying new things foodwise.

Most Helpful Guys

• I live in an area that has literally every ethnic food known to man in my own backyard, so I'm not too surprised by anything, really. But as far as "unusual" (for some) Canadian dishes?

Poutine - a Québecoise (French Canadian) dish that is essentially, french fries, fresh cheese curds and gravy! lol Fattening as hell, but tasty. 😋 Some might find that weird I guess.

Tourtière - a classic Québecoise dish. It's a flakey crust meat pie usually made with pork, beef or wild game and herbs, and spices.

Nanaimo bars - from Nanaimo, British Columbia, it's sort of a layered chocolate/custard/brownie kind of thing with nuts in the bottom brownie layer.

Flapper Pie - a pie with a graham cracker crust with a sweet milky/custardy filling and a meringue top.

A "bloody Caesar" - similar to a bloody Mary, made with tomato juice, vodka, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, salt and pepper, but ours is made with celery salt and "clamato" juice which is a mixture of tomato juice and clam juice! lol 😂

Ketchup flavoured potato chips! - It's an original Canadian flavour that we've had up here for ages.

"Beavertails!" 😋 - Basically it's a big-assed donut the size and shape of a beavertail with cinnamon and sugar sprinkled all over it, or with a ton of other fancier items like chocolate/hazelnut spread, bananas, whiskey cream, etc.

Fried cod tongues and "scrunchions" - from the east coast in Newfoundland, this is literally cod fish's tongues, battered and deep fried, and "scrunchions" are pieces of pork fat deep fried until they're crunchy. 😋

Tiger tail ice cream - it's a creamy vanilla, almost custard-like flavoured ice cream with an orange licorice swirl in it.

Pemmican - this is literally dried minced moose meat, dried blueberries and cranberries, dried onions, duck fat and salt pushed into a moulded shape. lol It was something that was made out of necessity by the earliest settlers that kind of stuck around. lol It's not that common though.

Newfoundland snowballs - chocolate fudge and oat balls rolled in coconut.

Seal flipper pie! 😳 - Another one from Newfoundland. It's literally made with seal flippers, root vegetables, pork fat and "screech", which is a Newfoundland-style rum. Not the first meal for PeTA conference. 😬

Bannock bread - this is a very simple staple food originally made by the natives, made with flour, lard, dried berries and water. It keeps very well and many campers still make it today.

Well, there you go. Some Canadian weirdness. 😊

• The Donut Burger

upload.wikimedia.org/.../Donut_burger.jpg

"Concoctions: Bacon Smores. Burgers between doughnuts. Fried cereal cheese puffs. I mean, I see half these weird food combinations and it's just revolting. American food gets such a bad rep and these things explain why. However, I will attest that throughout the U. S. there actually are really amazing homemade and healthy traditional food representing those areas. Not all the U. S. food is a sugar-injected, deep-fried nightmare."

Americans are disgusting pigs