Guys, why do you try to make girls jealous?

Guys, why do you try to make girls jealous?If you and a girl are actively flirting and it's clear enough that she likes you and you like her why would you all of a sudden start trying to make her jealous by flirting with other girls right in front of her. Doesn't it make more sense to just flirt with the girl you like and have that move forward? If a guy starts flirting with another girl in front of me my first instinct is to move on and assume he isn't that into me...So why do you guys do this?

1027

Most Helpful Guys

• it doesn't work on men, but it works on women.

Jealous promotes needy and clingy behavior. It makes women fight for their man and show more interest, call more often and thus it works.

The problem with making a man jealous is the fact that it makes him LESS attractive. He becomes needy and clingy, he calls more and suddenly you like him less.

The other thing it does, is like you said, it makes you assume he doesn't like you, which is actually to his benefit.

If he shows too much interest, then he's creepy.

If he shows none, than he's safe.

If he shows Disinterest, then you like him.

Creepy is showing interest too soon for no good reason, combined with wanting it more than the other person.

And if you want it more than he does (which now you are thinking about him now because of what he did, which means you are more invested in him than you were before, and more than some joe blow that you blew off 2 seconds ago) Then it works.

When its not working, its working.

And that's why men do it.

Men would not do it, if women didn't train men to behave this way.

Its obviously asshole behavior, but as we all know, women like assholes. SO congrats, you get what you ask for.

• Noooo that's actually not true. This part 'The other thing it does, is like you said, it makes you assume he doesn't like you, which is actually to his benefit.'

Because when a girl doesn't think a guy likes them most of them actually get mad and give up after a few attempts. Like that whole hot and cold thing guys use, that only works for awaile, at least with me. Then I'm done.There's only so much a girls heart can take.

• "If he shows Disinterest, then you like him."

FALSE all of this is false you're just attracting dysfunctional women into your life
      good luck with that.

• So you’re saying it’s women’s fault? pfft you should learn to take responsibility for your own actions first , don’t just do things and then blame the others , have some personality man

• some guys are players and some use that make the girl jealous thing to test a girl to see if she really wants to keep him ... ya know that posession thing and if she doesn't care to want to do anything to keep the guy than the girl doesn't want the guy ...

• Or if she doesn't care, she may just walk away because she doesn't want to get hurt... And because making someone jealous is an extremely unattractive method, she actually might have been turned off by the guy at this time.

Most Helpful Girls

• Guys try to make girls jealous out of insecurity. It's a stupid thing to do, I know, and not all guys do so, but some immature guys will try to test you by flirting with other girls. The best you can do is ignore him.

• what kind of a shit test is that? sometimes we have no claim to the person what are we supposed to do? it's so fucked.

• He's trying to see your reaction, see how into him you actually are...sad but true. Now the next move from you is to let him know how to treat you. If you blow it off then he knows he can do whatever he wants whenever he wants and get away with it. If you don't blow it off then he will, or at least he SHOULD, never do that again because he knows there's a possibility of losing you and then he will be stuck with one of those nameless ones he was flirting with, and I'm sure he doesn't really want that anyway.