August's Editor of the Month: Here's Who Impressed Us Most

Fathoms77

Yes, we were winding up the first GaG Battle Royale so apologies on getting this done a little later than normal. :)

For July, the Editor of the Month honor went to @LittleSally and now we get to choose a new winner for August. As always, we look at a number of things...with "number" being a determining factor in each case: Number of total myTakes, the number of myTakes that got Featured, the number of total views garnered from both members and users, and the number of comments. Of course, quality, consistency and variety matter as well, so there's always plenty to consider!

We also like to spread the love, which is why we really don't give this award to the same person twice in a row (though great Editors could certainly win more than once over time). And yes, I'm well aware that some of you have come very close and near-misses can get frustrating, but with nearly 60 active Editors at any given time and only 12 months in a year...well, the competition is stiff!

Anyway, for August, we've determined that the winner is:

@MissMc3

She wins a $25 Amazon gift card for her efforts, which were much appreciated! Here are 3 of her Takes that did especially well; we like to list these, not merely to pay homage to the winner, but also to show other Editors - and prospective Editors - the types of articles that tend to perform well. And remember, when we say "perform," we're talking about total views in addition to the number of comments.

How Being a Conventionally "Pretty" Girl Has Affected My Life

5 Reasons Why I Have Rejected Guys (It's Not All About Looks, You Know)

Dear Dad, 9 Things I Will Never Forgive You For

And for those of you who think only sex and controversial topics do well on the internet, you should know that last article up there was huge, and bigger than most any other myTake posted in August. Great personal stories have immense trending power online!

So congrats to the winner and as usual, let's take a peek at the other Editors who contributed great stuff during that 31-day period:

@BeeNee

@Defecation

@W31rd0

@smahala1991

@Waffles731

@LittleSally

@ManOnFire

@Luci92

@Stacyzee

@zombiebabe

@pavlove

@legs_n_sheets

@JRICHARDS1996

@ikissedtheskyonce

@RainbowFanGirl

@RJGraveyTrain

@loveisbeautiful

@pervertedjester

@SovereignessofVamps

@Cccgala

8
8

Most Helpful Guy

• brain5000
    Congratulations @MissMc3. I just read the three Takes linked here and they are all indeed excellent. I bookmarked the one about rejecting guys. I also wonder if anyone checked with you before "outing" you as the author of the anonymously posted one about how being conventionally pretty has affected your life?
    Is this still revelant?
    • MissMc3

Thank you very much! :) No, nobody notified me but it's really fine, I appreciate the recognition although the original intention wasn't for it. I'm really happy when people gain something from my posts, it means a lot :)

Most Helpful Girl

• Luci92
    Congrats @MissMc3, I really liked your take about being a conventionally pretty girl, although I guess the cat's outta the bag about who wrote it lol.

Good job as always to all the other fabulous editors! :)
    Is this still revelant?
    • MissMc3

Haha thank you! Yeah, guess so... lmao

• Luci92

@MissMc3 welcome

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

77
  • Cccgala
    Congratulations for this accomplishment, @MissMc3 😊
  • Paris13
    Everyone on this Long List... Deserves a a Standing Ovation, @Fathoms77.
    Good luck to All. Everyone here, dear, has done a Fabby Job, especially @RainbowFanGirl, @Waffles731, @Ccgala, @@Luci92 and BeeNee. xx
  • pervertedjester
    @Fathoms77 You just didn't want me to post that gif again... Fine be that way https://i.imgur.com/x4LfZHp.gif
  • YourFutureEx
    Congo Mc girl.

Those who didn't win, don't worry. You'll certainly win in under 3 years :P
  • Waffles731
    good job
    One of these days that title will be MINE
  • yucel_eden
    A female wins it?

Why am I not suprised despite my short time here?

Congrats to her though...
  • LittleSally
    Great job, everyone! Congratulations @MissMc3 ! =)
  • fiego
    Congrats, i enjoy reading your work @MissMc3
  • BeeNee
    Congrats @LittleSally!
    • Oh, thank you. =)

• BeeNee

Whoops, that was last month's winner: Congrats to @MissMc3

• MissMc3
    Oh my gosh, thank you so much!!! ❀️
  • RainbowFanGirl
    Aw darn, I was sure I would win. 😛
  • ikissedtheskyonce
    Winner winner chicken dinner! Congrats @missmc3
  • Zombie_Killer_Redux
    Wow, Another pink font won. that's a shocker lol
    • Fathoms77

I'd say 2/3 of our most active Editors in any given month is female. It's called math. :P

However, that percentage IS changing. We're seeing more and more quality Takes from guys.

• I hope so, It's looking like guys can't write worth a crud!
      I can't speak much since I can't write a decent Mytakes lol

• Fathoms77

Yeah, we've got some really good male Editors now. However, I should add that the majority of readers and writers are always female... just walk into any bookstore. As a male, I find that immensely embarrassing.

But we've got lots of guys who write great Takes and I can guarantee they've been in a bookstore or two. ;)

• Anonymous
    Oh shit, I was almost 100% sure I would win this month...

But I'm second after pavlove. He has 209 and I have 178 MyTakes in total.