GaG Battle Royale Winning Team Revealed!

Fathoms77

I know everyone has been anxiously awaiting this announcement, so here it is.

A while back, we had the idea of giving girls and guys a chance to throw down in the ultimate gender face-off, with four teams producing myTakes on various topics. Each team consisted of an Editor (the captain) and four regular users and the goal was simple: Try to write the most successful myTakes; get them Promoted and Featured, encourage community interaction, respond to other Takes with unique viewpoints and perspectives, etc. And while each team ultimately wrote Takes for four general categories (Dating/Relationships/Sex, Society and Culture, Arts and Entertainment, and Health and Fitness), each team had a different topic each week. So, nice variety ensued. :)

With two teams each for guys and girls and with one Editor each, the playing field was level. And in the judging of this, we didn't even acknowledge gender: We only viewed the quality and popularity and of the myTakes in question, so whichever team produced the most top-quality pieces invariably won. No whining, m'kay?

The team captains for guys were @ManOnFire and @QuestionMan and for the girls, it was @RJGraveyTrain and @zombiebabe, and you can click the link above to see the users who signed up to be on each team. Now, without further ado, the winning team is.........

Team RJGraveyTrain!

Yep, the combined forces of RJ, EmpatheticLady, FinnishBeautyGirl, jesshkah and redeyemindtricks ultimately delivered the goods. Not only were the Takes of a very good quality but they were also consistent, and we saw a number of great articles for each assigned topic. Here's one myTake from each member that we especially liked and which deserve your applause:

Unfit to Get Fit - Dieting and Fitness Malpractices That Put You At Risk -- @RJGraveyTrain

How To Get Your Woman Off Without Touching Her -- @EmpatheticLady

Rape Culture in America -- @jesshkah

In Praise of Mindless Entertainment -- @redeyemindtricks

14 of My Favorite Yoga Poses -- @FinnishBeautyGirl

Now, I'd like to make an honorable mention for ManOnFire's team because frankly, one user sort of carried that team and almost won the competition for his team- @Spiorad_Aische This guy put a huge amount of effort into numerous myTakes and it's definitely worth noting. :)

In the end, though, TeamRJ prevailed and because of that, each member will receive a $20 Amazon gift card. As we stated in the original contest posting, though, we wanted all participants to receive something for their efforts, so everyone else involved, team captains and team members alike, will get an additional 250 Xper added to their account.

For the record, we would definitely like to do this again but the next contest won't happen immediately. Things will be on hold a bit as we focus on the app, but this also means you should be on the lookout for a contest that centers on questions and polls. I know lots of you have wanted to see this, so we'll try to make it happen. :)

15
18

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

1417
  • CHARismatic110
    Congratulations ladies!
  • RJGraveyTrain
    YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

Special thanks to all of my amazing team members for their contributions:

@EmpatheticLady
    @redeyemindtricks
    @Kesshkah
    And lastly but not least: @FinnishBeautyGirl

Way to go #TeamRJ!
  • jesshkah
  • ManOnFire
    Yeah, my team really did not do well, and I pretty much knew we weren't gonna win after the first week. Plus I'd been busy with my new job and all, so how we operated this thing was something of a disaster. If I ever do it again I will definitely think a lot harder next time. But for the most part I got in this thing for the hell of it. Thanks to @Saoirse_Nua for his loyal posts :-)
    • anonman32

sorry man, i didn't write a lot of mytakes.

• ManOnFire

@anonman32 Don't sweat it. Better luck next time.

• anonman32

still i think i should have done better.

• redeyemindtricks
    By the way, you spelled @Spiorad_Aisce wrong... although it doesn't matter because he deactivated that account (AS SOON AS I LEARNED TO SPELL IT, dammit).

He's @Saoirse_nua now.
    • Why'd he deactivate? Congrats btw! The gift card sounds cool... I don't know how else to ask. Could I have the giftcard code pls?

• You especially killed it the last couple of weeks. 😁

• He spelled my user wrong too... and apparentally I didn't do good job, I wans't mentioned in the MyTakes "Here's one myTake from each member" Oh okay, but congrats, girl!!

• FinnishBeautyGirl
    OH MY GOOOOOSH!!! I'm shocked!!! by the way you wrote my name wrong but it's okay @Fathoms77
    GOOOO TEAM RJ!!!
  • Mustachekitteh
    Congrats too Team RJ! ^^

There were so many myTakes for the battle royale it was hard to read all of them.
  • YourFutureEx
  • Zorax
    Congratulations to Team @RJGraveyTrain :D

rs173.pbsrc.com/.../clapping.gif~c200
    • Thanks buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuudeeee.

• Zorax

@RJGraveyTrain You're very welcome ;)

• BuchitaBuchys
    I didn't understand what the hell was going on tbh. Congrats to the winners though :)
    @redeyemindtricks
  • pervertedjester
  • yellowgirl00d
    Oh boy I've been waiting to see who won for weeks super hyped to finally find out!
  • LoloWaye
    Congratulations! I wasn't sure what was going on at first but I know you girls were putting out some great things to read.

And great job to everyone else, you all did fabulous too!
  • Luci92
    Congrats to the winning team, and good job to everyone involved :)
  • brain5000
    Congratulations to Team @RJGraveyTrain and @Spiorad_Aische, all of your Takes were excellent, as are all of you!
  • Library
    Congrats to the winners.

I'll win a contest again someday.
  • georgepbush
    20 dollars for all this work writing takes? Poor girls I actually feel sorry for you guys...
  • Other_Tommy_Wiseau
    There's no way no one saw that result from the beginning. That roster was stacked
  • blondfrog
    The longest contest ever its about time. That had to be a little longer than a month at least like a month and 2 weeks.
  • HulkkSmash
    There was a battle royal?
  • ThisDudeHere
    Great, but what was the point again?
    • I second that. I think battle of sexes contests are stupid.

• And I would have said that if the guys won too.

• BeeNee
    Congrats to all the winners :)
  • Scrambledagain
    Fuck men... pick up your game😂
  • Decentguy
    congrats
  • Dog19
    Yeah, at least I got something:3
  • TonyRyanAgain
    Congrats ladies!
  • Bitterpill
    Congrats to the winning team.
  • SlightlyCrazy
    Fahkin nuice !!!
  • Anonymous
    Ha ha i did not read any of them
  • Anonymous
    So the team that was the most invested in this ended up winning? what a surprise! lol
  • Anonymous
    Hey, when are we going to announce for the Editor of the month?