GaG Battle Royale! The Ultimate Girls vs. Guys Showdown

Fathoms77

What is GirlsAskGuys really about?

Sharing contrasting opinions, viewpoints, perspectives, ideas, etc. Saying your piece and defending your stance (respectfully, please). This is really the backbone of GaG and so, to have some big-time fun, we've decided to usher in the age of the GaG Battle Royale!

After running this by the team and the Editors, everyone seems to love the idea. Translation: We'll very likely do this more than once, so new people can participate each time. :)

Here's how it'll work:

-- There will be 4 teams; 2 each for Girls and Guys. Each team will be comprised of 1 Editor and 4 regular members. The Editor will act as Captain and s/he has the option of choosing team members. Now, the 4 Editors have already been selected and some of them have chosen regular members to join their team. But we have open spots to fill so if you're interested in joining one of the teams, please make your interest known below in the comments!

-- This will run for 4 weeks and each week, the teams will focus on a particular topic. For instance, the first week, one team might have Dating/Relationships while another team starts with Arts and Entertainment. The 4 teams will eventually tackle each of the 4 Topics, though no team will have the same topic in any given week (variety and all that).

-- Okay, okay, but what do we do? Simple! Write myTakes that fall into these topics. Some team members might be more inclined to do health and fitness, for instance, while others might be dying to do the Love/Sex topic. There is no minimum or maximum number of Takes team members have to submit. Obviously, however, the more quality Takes that go up, the better your team's chances are of winning!

-- Make strong cases, rebut Takes made by other Teams! Yep, this is always an option as well.

The 4 Editor Captains for this first Battle Royale are right here:

Guys:

@ManOnFire

@QuestionMan

Girls:

@RJGraveyTrain

@zombiebabe

They've got a few members already signed up but as I said, there are spots to fill, so if you want to join the fray, post below!

Judging

We're going to look at everything: Takes that get good community interaction, lots of views, and are generally of a good quality are what matter most, so everyone kinda has a say, here. You vote with your comments; the more people comment on a Take, the more people check it out, the more of a boost that Team gets. The total number of Promoted and Featured Takes for the 4 weeks will of course count as well, and as each team has one Editor, it's even (Editor Takes are automatically promoted, remember).

Yes, of course, Prizes

The entire winning team will be rewarded: Each member will receive a $20 Amazon Gift Card, and we also think everyone who participates should get an Xper bonus as well. We'll figure out exactly how much Xper but hey, it's nice that everyone gets a little something, right? ;)

When we do this again, we'll have four new Editors as Captains (right now, it's looking like @OlderAndWiser and @smahala1991 for the guys and @kaylaS91 and @CHARismatic110 for the girls) and each team will get all new regular GaGers!

C'mon, don't tell me this doesn't sound like a blast. :P

UPDATE: Okay, the teams are set and here they are!

ManOnFire's Team:

anonman32
Spiorad_Aische
Nih1hil
BCRanger10

RJGraveyTrain's Team:

EmpatheticLady
FinnishGirlBeauty
Jesshkah
redeyemindtricks

QuestionMan's Team:

Omar5881
brain5000

FakeName123

NoFcks2Give

zombiebabe's Team:

@this_is_my_username

@xfitchick
@Dog19
@apple24

Everything kicks off on Monday, so get ready for the fireworks! :)

22
32

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

2131
  • dangerDoge
    On one hand, it makes me wish I wrote myTakes more, but ehh-- the only topic I'd probably really be able to write about with solid/interesting issues is the Arts and Entertainment one. That's more or less my forte, but the others... not so much. Scientific approaches from the psychology major standpoint tend not to make for some widely read and interesting material lol. I may do myTakes at some point if I find a good angle, but they'll be (most likely) few and far between, so a contest like this would fare poorly for me.

All in all, it looks like I probably won't be participating in this one, but I'll look forward to checking out the other people's shtuff as usual. 👍
    • Stick to the questions, fella. We need your wisdom there 😎 myTakes can be alluring, but it's just an illusion of power and money.

• DandelionGirl
    whatever, GaG is like a popularity contest all over again. Just like high school was, this is stupid.
    • Fathoms77

No. Quality will ultimately dictate.

• Yumix

"Takes that get good community interaction, lots of views, and are generally of a good quality are what matter most, so everyone kinda has a say, here. You vote with your comments; the more people comment on a Take, the more people check it out, the more of a boost that Team gets. The total number of Promoted and Featured Takes for the 4 weeks will of course count as well,"

views and comments massively depend on the numbers of followers you have, your popularity and reputation on here. That's especially true should your myTake not get promoted because once they disappear from the regular feed, you can only find them on the writers' profile page. And that can happen quickly, especially if you don't post it at prime time.

also, who decides what counts as quality and what not? is a controversial myTake, which might not help as much but which is very well written, of better quality than a very helpful one but not as good written because the owner isn't native English speaker?

• Yumix

it's difficult to see how "quality ultimately dictates" if 2 out of 3 assessment criteria are greatly influenced by other things and even quality itself is something highly subjective

• Luci92
    This is where having a group chat feature would come in handy...
  • RJGraveyTrain
    *Cracks knuckles* It's on like Donkey Kong now folks. Anybody interested in being on #TeamRJ, don't hesitate to pm me. I'll be pming a few non-editors after looking through some kick ass mytakes.

Let the battles begin!
  • mikemx55
    Again, this is a great way if promoting the website.
    Kudos to you. I've noticed it is working from the number of new members and fb likes xD.
    Keep up the good work, but I wish you could focus more on questions.. I understand that takes may be more interesting for the outsiders, but I feel we're lacking quality questions lately.
  • SovereignessofVamps
    bleh. I don't like this idea! all the mytakes have gotten kind of... boring. I hoped you guys would have a new contest idea... I <3 the prizes though.
  • Raymond_Reddington
    Yhis sounds unbelievably boring! Count me the fuck out
    img.buzzfeed.com/.../...ed-10778-1409183280-14.gif
  • Nik1hil
    @ManOnFire okay if you got a open spot and not enough member!.. I will take the spot...
    • ManOnFire

Excellent. You're in :-)

• Nik1hil

Really,.. Great what's our topic!..

• Nik1hil

@ManOnFire is it game on or like game canceled due to rain

• JRICHARDS1996
    Reporting in for @OlderAndWiser's team, me, @ObscuredBeyond, and @CheerGirl38139 so far. This will be a piece of cake. I'm an English major. I feel like St. Basil the Great! Gosh I'm a nerd.
    • So... what's our topic? This could get interesting. And a change of pace: I've been running out of good material for episodes of "How Screwed Are They, Really?"; and could use a good switch of topic.

• @ObscuredBeyond I haven't been told a topic yet, but it sounds like our team is not going to get to participate until the next round in a week or two. Either way, I think we have the potential be unstoppable. The three of us would probably be an even match for the entire site combined, or perhaps I'm just a narcissist.

• I'm glad for the heads up, at least. There are few things I hate more than being thrust into something unprepared. We may be a strong team; but not if we're sniped from our bedrooms.

• DarkHumorRUs
    Great more pointless takes pulled out of peoples' asses.
  • ThisDudeHere
    Everything was fine until you mentioned myTakes. I practically don't write them.
  • Govannon7
    Trivia? I have been playing it for around 35 years so this is right up my alley, as well as socioeconomic discussions, dating scene. Many youths here at GaG, are there any mid-aged around, 40+? This could be good for depth of experience, we do not need a book or comp. we lived it!
    Scheduling permitting, I say : `yes!'
  • Marrylove
    So the girls team have to include girls only. I suggest a topic for girls is kinda political and human rights is about why women still suffer from fear when they go out i guess the argument is why authorities around the world dont make an effort to make this world safe for women its 2016 for god sakes.
  • YourFutureEx
    Is it okay for us spectators to debate by giving our opinions (constructive criticism) on those myTakes and create a havoc?
    • Fathoms77

Of course! :)

• Oh and one more question, do every member has to post something, as there are four weeks (means 4 topics) and a total of five members with no minimum limit of myTakes. It means there could be only four entries. So, one of the members can just sit and enjoy while other four will do the work? Or s/he would contribute and collaborate on one or more takes by giving and adding his/her views to a team member's take?

• Fathoms77

More is better, obviously. But we didn't want to make it sound like a chore, and besides, some members really don't have anything to say for certain topics. If they wish to collaborate, though, they're certainly free to do so.

• Relentless_Hippie
    If I were allowed to I'd be on @ManOnFire team.

Alas, my uterus has cursed me! v_v
  • QuestionMan
    To all Male readers.
    I'm accepting applicants.
    Feel free to message me if you'd like to be on my team.
  • DooMguy
    It's not a really a battle royale unless someone dies/gets eliminated

also I just want to say that for all of you hunger games fans battle royale is better (just sayin')

https://img.memecdn.com/battle-royale_fb_618891.jpg

media.giphy.com/media/QDK1pCI43lGhO/giphy.gif

I'll be putting my money on the guys

• Hidden_P
    I would love to. But I hate writing myTakes. Guess that's me out.
    • Fathoms77

How can anyone "hate" to write stuff down? :P

• FallOutBoy2001
    I'm open to join! I've got some kickass takes, and a cross-country flight tomorrow, so I have a lot of time to write
  • Fearless_banana
    Will be participating round two with OldAndWiser.. Come at me bros.
    • PT1911

hoping to be on his team too. Want to see how this first one is done

• Aww, we don't get to face off?

Well at least you'll be saved from the embarrassment of me destroying you, huh?

• ArabianPwincess197
    How do the Editors show they are interested to run for the campaign?
    • Fathoms77

All they have to do is PM me. :) And the next time a Battle Royale comes around, I'll send out a message to all the Editors to ask them if they're interested, too.

• Thanks :)

• Josht13
    Looks like the greatest clickbait will win (Ps I know that shit inside out)
  • FinnishBeautyGirl
    #TeamRJ I would love to be part of this! :) Hopefully I'll get to the team! @RJGraveyTrain
  • Anpu23
    I'm fairly well rounded, and my mytakes are often promoted. If someone is interested let me know.
  • Scared_Banana
    Didn't read it. Don't know wut it's about but the guys will win.
    • bobbyxx

The girls will win. The feminist admins will not allow men to win.

• Negrodamuss
    The only way i'd even consider participating is if i could be on @RJGraveyTrain 's team.
    • Hey I'd love to have you on my team.

• @RJGraveyTrain isn't this a girls vs. guys thing?

• I'll have to look into it but I think there's the potential that we can have integrated teams. I'll inquire about it so I'll save you a spot in the meantime.

• Decentguy
    im open to join, i have some ideas of topics that i wanna write my takes
  • Maxemeister
    Damn I was about to get my bow out for a real battle. Apparently not
  • TruExo
    Future lawyer here. I think you want a law student on your team. I'll be expecting your pm.
  • Mustachekitteh
    I'm sad. :'( no battle royal for me.
  • Waffles731
    This is going to be fun to watch,
    I'd rather liek to try my hand sometime as well
  • I'll be taking applications for guys to be on my team when my time comes
  • AmethystAngel
    I would look forward to these takes, it's going to be fun.
  • Oh thats a crap pay! lol No way!
    • Did you got a job now?

• Nik1hil

@ice_vampire couldn't help asking could you?

• @Nik1hil
      Why?
      She was searching for a job and gave few interview's so I just asked her what was going on.

• Phoenix98
    Lol debating, fun.
  • JuniorcertHELP
    This is so interesting! I want to participate :D
  • teawrecks
    Should be interesting
  • Regulatus
    I must respectfully decline.
  • FakeName123
    It's on, bitches
  • brain5000
    Sign me up!
  • rgb008
    Uh huh...
  • zombiebabe
    ;) my team and i
  • RainbowFanGirl
    Well. I can't join.
    • Fathoms77

Please be a captain in the future? :)

• If you'll actually make me one. πŸ™‚

• Fathoms77

Heck, I would've done it already but you didn't reply to the email I sent out to Editors initially asking if they'd be interested... I gathered the first round of Captains from that pool of responders. :)

• Dog19
    Okay, I'll join
  • Luvme66
    okay take me in one of the teams... :)
  • FanGirl67
    Hmmm, sounds interesting
  • anonman32
    i am on @manonfir's team. this is gonna be fun.
  • ThisisDyari
    Me? 😆
  • Sabretooth
    ... guys rule, girls drool! jk, lol.
  • Anonymous
    I shall not bother with this, because it is already been decided that women will win, as this site is sexist in favour of women.