GaG Battle Royale! The Ultimate Girls vs. Guys Showdown

What is GirlsAskGuys really about?

Sharing contrasting opinions, viewpoints, perspectives, ideas, etc. Saying your piece and defending your stance (respectfully, please). This is really the backbone of GaG and so, to have some big-time fun, we've decided to usher in the age of the GaG Battle Royale!

After running this by the team and the Editors, everyone seems to love the idea. Translation: We'll very likely do this more than once, so new people can participate each time. :)

Here's how it'll work:

-- There will be 4 teams; 2 each for Girls and Guys. Each team will be comprised of 1 Editor and 4 regular members. The Editor will act as Captain and s/he has the option of choosing team members. Now, the 4 Editors have already been selected and some of them have chosen regular members to join their team. But we have open spots to fill so if you're interested in joining one of the teams, please make your interest known below in the comments!

-- This will run for 4 weeks and each week, the teams will focus on a particular topic. For instance, the first week, one team might have Dating/Relationships while another team starts with Arts and Entertainment. The 4 teams will eventually tackle each of the 4 Topics, though no team will have the same topic in any given week (variety and all that).

-- Okay, okay, but what do we do? Simple! Write myTakes that fall into these topics. Some team members might be more inclined to do health and fitness, for instance, while others might be dying to do the Love/Sex topic. There is no minimum or maximum number of Takes team members have to submit. Obviously, however, the more quality Takes that go up, the better your team's chances are of winning!

-- Make strong cases, rebut Takes made by other Teams! Yep, this is always an option as well.

The 4 Editor Captains for this first Battle Royale are right here:

Guys:

@ManOnFire

@QuestionMan

Girls:

@RJGraveyTrain

@zombiebabe

They've got a few members already signed up but as I said, there are spots to fill, so if you want to join the fray, post below!

Judging

We're going to look at everything: Takes that get good community interaction, lots of views, and are generally of a good quality are what matter most, so everyone kinda has a say, here. You vote with your comments; the more people comment on a Take, the more people check it out, the more of a boost that Team gets. The total number of Promoted and Featured Takes for the 4 weeks will of course count as well, and as each team has one Editor, it's even (Editor Takes are automatically promoted, remember).

Yes, of course, Prizes

The entire winning team will be rewarded: Each member will receive a $20 Amazon Gift Card, and we also think everyone who participates should get an Xper bonus as well. We'll figure out exactly how much Xper but hey, it's nice that everyone gets a little something, right? ;)

When we do this again, we'll have four new Editors as Captains (right now, it's looking like @OlderAndWiser and @smahala1991 for the guys and @KaylaS91 and @CHARismatic110 for the girls) and each team will get all new regular GaGers!

C'mon, don't tell me this doesn't sound like a blast. :P

UPDATE: Okay, the teams are set and here they are!

ManOnFire's Team:

anonman32
Spiorad_Aische
Nih1hil
BCRanger10

RJGraveyTrain's Team:

EmpatheticLady
FinnishGirlBeauty
Jesshkah
redeyemindtricks

QuestionMan's Team:

Omar5881
brain5000

FakeName123

NoFcks2Give

zombiebabe's Team:

@this_is_my_username

@xfitchick
@Dog19
@apple24

Everything kicks off on Monday, so get ready for the fireworks! :)

2232
Fathoms77 is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

Join the discussion

What Girls Said 21

What Guys Said 31

• On one hand, it makes me wish I wrote myTakes more, but ehh-- the only topic I'd probably really be able to write about with solid/interesting issues is the Arts and Entertainment one. That's more or less my forte, but the others... not so much. Scientific approaches from the psychology major standpoint tend not to make for some widely read and interesting material lol. I may do myTakes at some point if I find a good angle, but they'll be (most likely) few and far between, so a contest like this would fare poorly for me.

All in all, it looks like I probably won't be participating in this one, but I'll look forward to checking out the other people's shtuff as usual. πŸ‘

• Stick to the questions, fella. We need your wisdom there 😎 myTakes can be alluring, but it's just an illusion of power and money.

• It's not a really a battle royale unless someone dies/gets eliminated

also I just want to say that for all of you hunger games fans battle royale is better (just sayin')

https://img.memecdn.com/battle-royale_fb_618891.jpg

media.giphy.com/media/QDK1pCI43lGhO/giphy.gif

I'll be putting my money on the guys

• Is it okay for us spectators to debate by giving our opinions (constructive criticism) on those myTakes and create a havoc?

• Of course! :)

• Oh and one more question, do every member has to post something, as there are four weeks (means 4 topics) and a total of five members with no minimum limit of myTakes. It means there could be only four entries. So, one of the members can just sit and enjoy while other four will do the work? Or s/he would contribute and collaborate on one or more takes by giving and adding his/her views to a team member's take?

• More is better, obviously. But we didn't want to make it sound like a chore, and besides, some members really don't have anything to say for certain topics. If they wish to collaborate, though, they're certainly free to do so.

• Again, this is a great way if promoting the website.
    Kudos to you. I've noticed it is working from the number of new members and fb likes xD.
    Keep up the good work, but I wish you could focus more on questions.. I understand that takes may be more interesting for the outsiders, but I feel we're lacking quality questions lately.

• Great more pointless takes pulled out of peoples' asses.

• Everything was fine until you mentioned myTakes. I practically don't write them.

• Yhis sounds unbelievably boring! Count me the fuck out
    img.buzzfeed.com/.../...ed-10778-1409183280-14.gif

• Reporting in for @OlderAndWiser's team, me, @ObscuredBeyond, and @CheerGirl38139 so far. This will be a piece of cake. I'm an English major. I feel like St. Basil the Great! Gosh I'm a nerd.

• So... what's our topic? This could get interesting. And a change of pace: I've been running out of good material for episodes of "How Screwed Are They, Really?"; and could use a good switch of topic.

• @CheerGirl38139 So sad :( I was looking forward to debating alongside you. Oh well. Good luck on your new team!

• I'm probably going to pass anyway bro.

• Lol debating, fun.

• This is going to be fun to watch,
    I'd rather liek to try my hand sometime as well

• @ManOnFire okay if you got a open spot and not enough member!.. I will take the spot...

• To all Male readers.
    I'm accepting applicants.
    Feel free to message me if you'd like to be on my team.

• Will be participating round two with OldAndWiser.. Come at me bros.

• hoping to be on his team too. Want to see how this first one is done

• Aww, we don't get to face off?

Well at least you'll be saved from the embarrassment of me destroying you, huh?

• I must respectfully decline.

• It's on, bitches

• Trivia? I have been playing it for around 35 years so this is right up my alley, as well as socioeconomic discussions, dating scene. Many youths here at GaG, are there any mid-aged around, 40+? This could be good for depth of experience, we do not need a book or comp. we lived it!
    Scheduling permitting, I say : `yes!'

• im open to join, i have some ideas of topics that i wanna write my takes

• I'm fairly well rounded, and my mytakes are often promoted. If someone is interested let me know.

• Damn I was about to get my bow out for a real battle. Apparently not

• Sign me up!

• More from Guys
    11