8 Struggles With Being A Short Person

I'm 5'2 so I'm pretty short and these are the stuff that isn't the best with being short lol.

1. Bend over when you talk to us

8 Struggles With Being A Short Person

2. Laugh or call us cute/adorable when we get mad

8 Struggles With Being A Short Person

3. Crazy life in a crowd lol

8 Struggles With Being A Short Person

4. People commenting on if you buy clothes from the child section

8 Struggles With Being A Short Person

5. People resting their arms on your head

8 Struggles With Being A Short Person

6. People asking if they can carry you

8 Struggles With Being A Short Person

7. Awkward hugs

8 Struggles With Being A Short Person

8. Not reaching stuff (but climbing is the power)

8 Struggles With Being A Short Person

You may not agree/relate to all of these or non and that's okay. But these are my experiences. And also I love being short there are a lot of good stuff too but its not all good. Every height is great and they all have their ups and downs.

By the way this is for fun. It's not dead serious and it's not supposed make anyone upset. So if I upset you by this myTake then that wasn't what I've meant to.

2623

Most Helpful Guys

• I love short girls. All this stuff is so cute. And yes i would carry you and rest my arm on your head but id also hold your hand and drag you through a crowd and get things off the top shelf for you.

• No dont carry without asking and don't rest your arm on our heads๐Ÿ˜ it's so annoying lol๐Ÿคฃ
      Well the shelf thing is really Nice ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป

• 5'10" 180lbs pretty muscular but with a belly.
      She was 100lbs 5'0"

• Oh okay lol quite a difference

Most Helpful Girls

• Im like 5โ€-5โ€™1 and i HATE it when people dont take me seriously when Im angry. Sometimes my friends make me mad on purpose as well..

• I always take short girls seriously! they are the perfect hieght to do some real damage! ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

• I'm 4'10 I know this pain. Also large crowds at a concert or club can be very problematic and sometimes rough as being so small it's easy to be knocked around in a crowd.

Join the discussion

What Guys Said 21

• Struggles of being a short girl:

Sometimes somebody makes a joke about you being short and then sometimes you can't reach stuff and then sometimes you can't see over something, tee hee!

Struggles of being a short guy:

You will never experience being loved. Eventually suicide seems like the best option.

• Don't say that.
      How tall are you?

• I'm a short guy. I disagree that short men will never find love. But I agree that being short is a major disadvantage in dating. Being short also makes it difficult to be seen as an equal by male peers. I'm not surprised that being a few inches shorter than average is a risk factor for suicide. But it is possible to compensate for being short in other ways.

• Good things come in small packages

• Iโ€™m short and Iโ€™ve never had to deal with any of these problems. Heightists simply have a fragile ego donโ€™t mind them, just let them know there are always pros and cons when it comes to height.

Pros and Cons of Your Height โ†—

• Good for you. How tall are you?

• I use to be 5โ€™4โ€ but I put on two inches, so now Iโ€™m 5โ€™6โ€.

• Ok here are pros for you. (Not in order)

1. More space in planes, cars, bed or any transportation.
    2. You're clothes are cheaper. You can save a lot.
    3. Lot's of guys actually like short girls because they're cute. (Not a pro for guys)
    4. Less likely to bump your head.
    5. You can get protected easier because of your height and you can take advantage of it.

Because I'm 5'7.5, I'm either too tall or too short so I have mixed problems.

• My clothes are not Cheaper unless you are thinking of the child section. And yes there are a lot of Good things of being short but this was about the opposite

• That awkward hug is actually my kind of hug tho. Its cute.

• Okay well I wanted to do a mytake about what's not Good. Ofcorse there are Good things in being short.

• All the women in my family have been shorter than you. So it seems totally normal to me. If I saw someone 5'0" or less I wouldn't even notice.

I have no problem "mountain climbing" at the grocery store to get stuff. I scramble right up, grab what I want, then descend to the valley below.

A couple years ago I found a place that sells 28 length men's jeans. Nobody else sells that length. They are cheap too. So that's where I buy them all now. 28 is still too long, but it's getting close.

• The first thing happens because we can't hear you as well, so we lower our heads to be able to unless you want us constantly clarifying what you said. lmao

• You can ask us to speak louder instead

• I don't feel like raising my voice nor do I feel like lowering my head so it's a hard choice to choose between of.

• Okay lol well raising your voice is better

• Petite women are adorable and who cares if she needs to climb a step or two to kiss me. It's all good.

• When in around short women I get scared I may accidentally hurt them. ( I'm 6'1 btw)

I'm usually a very calm non clumsy individual but one wrong move and I could seriously hurt you because of size.

• No dont worry we aren't babies we can take it

• Glad to hear it.
      Short people are usually the most courageous.
      Not much will knock you down.

• True๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป

• and these are all reasons why men simply love short girls ๐Ÿ˜„

by the way why is point 7 awkward?

• That's sweet lolโ˜บ
      And for me it's awkward because my head is normally to his chest and he hugs my throat it's so weird๐Ÿ˜…

• ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

• I feel very insecure because of my height. I am 21 and just 5 feet 3 inches tall and my voice has not changed yet.

• Being a short girl isn't an issue but being a short dude is real pain.

• You Said your voice hasen't change. Have you checked your testerone level?

• I Think you should check your testerone level because it seams like it's low and then you can get testerone pills from doctors

• Why would we bend over when we can just shift our eyeballs... Us tall people generally always have to look down for everyone anyway.

• None of this is a problem I'm 6 ft 4 in tall I tease the shit out of short girls (shirt i general not short compared to me) and somehow they end up being a new friend within 2 or 3 sessions of teasing, that or they think I'm flirting with them in which case I frantically explain to them that they're already in the friend zone

• Not for you lol.

• Though I got into a rant about teasing people I forgot to mention that unless it's a so or friend/family I'm pretty protective of personal space so I wouldn't be picking up short girls or resting my elbow on their heads and at the moment of making this comment I have yet to anger a short girl or see one get angry so I can't vouch for thinking it's cute

• That's Good keep doing so. And you can think we are cute when angry but dont say it lol

• That's soooo dangerous.

People also rest drinks on your head.

• I'm 5'6". Finding proper fitting clothes off the shelf is impossible. I have to get all my clothing tailored.

• well i guess this should be bad for men for girl no i am guy who is 7ft1 and i wish i can be little short like 10 inches short :D but... naturee

• The best thing is that I can take their stuff and put it on the refrigerator so they can't reach it

• No why would you do that lol?๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜

• could be worse you could be a tall girl.

• I'd throw bricks at em.

• My mother is 4'9".

• Being only 5'4 I agree with you

• hahaha :D True!

• I would love to do everything mentioned above with you!

• No no no lol

• Yeah yeah yeah XD

What Girls Said 24

• I know, right? As an adult, the most frustrating part is not being taken seriously in the workplace due to the fact that I'm petite and look young for my age. When I was younger, I had to consciously try to look older.

• I'm 5'0" tall, and I have never really cared about the disadvantages I have to deal with daily, though I always notice them. But I love being short, and I wouldn't want to be any different. But I can relate to this.

• I'm the same! I also love being short!๐Ÿ˜

• 5"0 is not at all tall.. ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ
      6"0 is tall

• I can relate to this soo much Iโ€™m only 5โ€™0 with guy friends that are like a whole foot taller than me
    I love being short even tho it can be a big struggle lol

• i love being a giant 6'5" and then standing next to a short girl ๐Ÿ˜‚

• Agree 100% it can be annoying sometimes but I love being short too

• well at least you dont hit your head on everything ๐Ÿ˜‚

• 6 and 8 I can relate to lol. I'm same height, 5'2 but where I live and the school I go to, there are a lot of short people, I'm like considered basically average height here lol. Tons of people shorter than me and a couple tall people. I know 5'2 is considered short but I never really believed it cause I've never really felt short lol, sometimes I feel like I'm not actually 5'2. I'm just glad most of the short girl problems that people have don't effect me cause they are super annoying

• Oh just remembered, only time I've actually felt short is when I saw this dude in my school, he was like a freaking giant ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ I've never felt shorter standing by him.

• Lol im the same height so i relate to all of these ๐Ÿ˜‚

• Twiins๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚

• i should write this but for tall girls...
    i am 170 cm and never wear heels... thats my personal drama about being tall

• You should! If you do could you link the question here to me? And I Think you should wear heels if you want

• 170cm isn't tall, even for a girl. Unless you live in dwarfland or something.

• I don't know why I never considered anything above 5โ€™0 ft short.

• Well I'm 5'2/157 cm and thats 2 inches under avarage in USA but I'm from Sweden so here it is 4 inches under avarage.
      How tall are you?

• Iโ€™m 5โ€™0 ft

• Okay ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป

• Lol I'm only 5ft and I love getting my clothes from the childrens section. Some of the stuff is so cute and affordable.

• I'm also 5'2" and I still sometimes get upset about my disadvantages.

• Finally! Someone that understands us short people!

• I have two ways of reaching things. I use my cane, or if a tall sexy man is nearby i ask him to help a little girl like me.

• Please don't ever stand in the grocery cart like that ๐Ÿ˜ฒ๐Ÿ˜ฎ๐Ÿ˜ง๐Ÿ˜ฆ

• Am 5'3.. pretty average for Indian girl.. but... top shelves are a problem

• Im guilty of the resting arms on head one I used to do that to my short friend lol

• I've always felt short, as my family are all tall and both my girlfriends are tall. Both of girlfriends also use my head as a boob rest.

• aaw haha i wish i was 5โ€™2

• How tall are you?

• 5'4 is a great height! It's avarage, don't worry about it!๐Ÿ˜Š

• Iโ€™m also 5โ€™2... do you like tall men?

• Yes but I prefer short/avarage

• I love tall men. My boyfriend is 6โ€™2

• Okay๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป

• Being short has its perks though

• Absolutly but this take is about the bad stuff. I love being short and there are many good things about it

• Oh my - I can relate standing at 5'1" xD

• I can relate lol

• Good take

• I'm 5'4

• How cute can I keep her?

• I'm 5'4.5', but I used to be really short as a kid. Doctors estimated that I would end up at around 4'8". Then puberty happened, and apparently had other ideas, and I am quite happy that it did. But I still sometimes feel awkwardly tall, even though I'm technically right around average. Because I was so used to being short. I sometimes wish I was closer to 5'2", that way I wouldn't feel so awkward about my height. It's not actually awkward at all, it just feels weird to me.