Which Single Are You?

You're single. Congratulations!
You're free to do whatever you want and free from the drama of being in a relationship with someone.
You are loving life and enjoying your own company and loving yourself without the complications of having someone else ruining the moment.
But are you really?

Which Single Are You?Let's dissect the different types of single and let's see which one are you:

1. The Carefree, Available and Ready to Mingle Single.

This is the one I was describing above. The no hassle carefree single loving life.

2. The Talking to someone Single.

They're single but talking to someone and is flirting with someone exclusively.

3. The Single who's infatuated with someone.

They're single but infatuated with someone and will only date them if and when the opportunity arises.

Which Single Are You?

4. The Expert on Relationships Single.

They're single but they are expert on relationships and gives you the best advice lol. Your S/O doesn't like them very much lol. You are more inclined to listen and take their advice. Hence, the more your s/o dislikes them.

5. The Problematic Single.

They're single with relationship problems. They're not in a relationship but have problems with people they're having mutual feelings minus the label. On Facebook, their relationship status says "It's complicated".

Which Single Are You?

6. The Bachelor/Bachelorette Single.

They're single but they are talking to/going out with multiple people and screening them out one by one to find the potential relationship partner.

7. The Loyal Single.

They're in love with someone and feels like if they talk or see someone else, they are cheating on them so they'd rather be single.

Which Single Are You?

8. The Still Hung up on Their Ex Single.

They are still not over their ex and would rather stay single than be in a rebound.

9. The Career/Goal driven Single.

Their priorities are solely focused for now on making money and being successful. They have no interest whatsoever in romantic relationships until they reach their goals.

Which Single Are You?

10. The Samantha Jones Single.

This Single doesn't believe in relationships. Think Samantha Jones in Sex and the City. It's all about the sex or about them. There is nothing wrong with that. They just know what they want.

Which Single Are You?

11. The Forever After Alone Single.

This single already gave up on relationships entirely. They had a string of failed relationships and decided they'd rather be single than be cheated on, lied to, used and abused. They are done. They have accepted the fate of 40 cats moving in with them until they're dying day.

Which Single Are You?

12. The Unwanted Forever Alone Single.

This single feels nobody wants them and always get rejected.

Which Single Are You?

13. The Shy Single

They are too shy/awkward to approach the person they fancy which results to no relationship. Hence they still single.

14. The Matchmaker Single.

They are too busy matchmaking their friends they end up single.

Which Single Are You?

15. The Third Wheel Single.

They are happy going on dates third wheeling with their friends' dates, getting freebies and enjoying being single while watching their friends' love stories unfold from the sidelines. They usually become the Maid of Honor/Best Man at weddings.

There you have it. If I forgot to mention you, please feel free to add. Either way being single is still way better than being with someone who makes you feel more alone...
Which Single Are You?

Thanks for the time reading.

Xo's Pinay_Ako

4660
Pinay_ako is a GirlsAskGuys Influencer
Who are Editors?

Most Helpful Guy

• 9. The Career/Goal driven Single. I am fixed and if some sex comes along fine, if not, fine.

"They have no interest whatsoever in romantic relationships until they reach their goals." NEVER have any intention of an LTR.

Most Helpful Girl

• The type that feels reluctant to date because she doesn't feel like she is on that level yet, but feels the want to date, but suppresses it for a while, then a crush arises, then the crush is a dream deferred, then she sits alone on GaG for hours then wonders why no guy ever showed interest when she knows the real reason, its her, then she feels alone and depressed but feigns happiness in order to not worry her family or those around her, but really wants a guy to like her, she asks multiple guys out they say no she cries herself to sleep, thinks to her self if you can't handle rejection how can you handle a breakup if it happens, she reads self improvement books, she forgets what she learned, she feels like the one girl in the world who is undesirable, she considers antidepressants, but she knows they only make it worse, she feels like a total reject, goes on GaG, sees this question, then spills her guts.

Join the discussion

What Guys Said 59

• Thank you dear for this wonderful writing. I totally agree with you on your last few words:
    "Either way being single is still way better than being with someone who makes you feel more alone..." :-)
    To be totally honest here, I feel like I am a combination of few singles you mentioned up there ^ :
    4. The expert on relationships single
    6. The bachelor single
    7. The loyal single
    12. The unwanted forever alone single
    13. The shy single
    14. The matchmaker single
    I know it may sound strange to be a combination, that is why I will try to briefly explain my point of view :-)
    Points 4 and 14, I am not really an expert, though, I tend to help others a lot in their relationships, and match make: it explains maybe the fact that I just like to help others as much as I can without interfering a lot.
    Point 6, I am indeed trying to go out with multiple people, but always end up with a person whom I cannot share my life with, or with someone completely interesting, but not single :-(
    Point 7, I don't like cheating at all, it is not myself to cheat and I would feel discomfort instead of trying to enjoy the person in front of me.
    Point 13, I am most of the time, not always, facing this situation, like at the end I forget to ask for the phone number or feel too shy or afraid of doing it, maybe because I am afraid of rejection? some friends told me I was afraid of commitment!! that scared me honestly.
    Point 12, I feel that most of the time because of physical appearance. I am not saying I dress dirty. For instance I wear glasses and am bald. For many girls, not having hair on the head is some kind of turn off.

Thank you for taking the time to write this interesting as usual article dear.

Cheers!!!

• I'm not single now, but I was more of a cautious single.

I could be talking and flirting and if she gave me a sign that she wasn't my type, I'd be gone with no explanation. I have no time to deal with bullshit and I know what I want. I have the relationship I want now, so my patience apparently paid off perfectly

• I'm the single who doesn't actively seek a relationship because he thinks that being single is the better option than being in a relationship with someone who is less than exquisite.

I don't want drama, frustration or anxiety in my life, and I don't want to subject anyone to that either.
    If I can't have a relationship like that, I'd rather remain single or simply just find a like-minded person to be friends with, to fill that small drive for a sense of belonging.

• Kind of 7
    Maybe 2

I do talk and flirt with women, have fun, but I fell in love and I feel like I can't move on until she lets me go. I say that because she knows how I feel but she hasn't really said much, but that's just like her on everything. If she were to tell me she doesn't share those feelings or even that she's interested in someone else, it would break my heart, but I could be free and move on.

• Want to be 9. Usually bouncing between 1, 11, and 12. I'm working on just being content and open at all times, but my gosh darn libido and friends getting married around me gets to me. And believing the myth that everyone is having more sex and meaningful relationships than me.

• 16 - Single parent !! ... Could be a bit of 11 , minus the kitties... try a teen boy and a tween girl... definitely wild animals at times !! Not bitter at all, just too much work and parenting , which removes the desire to even date , dating is hard work , esp for a man. Also , lets be real , single parents have far fewer options , than people without baggage.

• Lol despite I have kids and family I still feel single. The only closest person to me is my elder daughter as we both enjoy minecraft-style games lol =D

• I'm definitely the "Bachelor" single as that it exactly what I'm doing at this point in time 😆

Yet again a great My Take @Pinay_ako 😘

• Think of me as Steve Smith from American Dad. I get the girl, go on few dates, buy whatever that girl wants, but no matter how hard I try I can't never ever ever get laid. Whenever I get into a relationship, my heart get broken over and over and over and over again. That why I'm still single.

• Categories I fit to:

3. The Single who's infatuated with someone.(actually more than one)
    4. The Expert on Relationships Single.
    9. The Career/Goal driven Single.
    12. The Unwanted Forever Alone Single.
    13. The Shy Single.

• I'm definitely 13. shy single. I tend to be both shy and awkward when talking to a girl I like, so I usually just don't even go for it. Actually in that situation right now. I like this girl but don't know how to approach her.

• I know shy men with girlfriends. Hell, one guy I know is why among everyone, but girls love him.

I think shyness is overrated as an obstacle.

• Well, I meant shyness isn't too bad in GETTING into a relationship-not near as much as GAG makes it out to be.

Now, maintaining a relationship is a different story.

• @EnglishArtsteacher that's a fair point. I guess I was thinking of "the shy single" as single because they shyness causes them to struggle with communication and can't maintain the relationship, but the OP wrote it as to shy to approach. I'd agree with your point that it would affect maintaining far more than starting a relationship.

• 12. The Unwanted Forever Alone Single.

I've renaming this one, the get a lack of opportunities single.

I feel nobody wants me because i've tried dating apps and or sites and nobody reaches out

I have not even gotten to date one, technically since high school in which both encounters were pretty brief.

All I want is someone that will give me a chance. I suppose this deserves another category...

• Change you then man. There's nothing wrong with changing the way you act or go about life to suit the given environment in which you plan to "mate". I mean shit, animals adapt to their given surroundings to begin with. Humans are just another form of animals anyway. Sometimes you'll end up loving the new you to begin with. You also mention "Lack of opportunities", =a set of circumstances that makes it possible to do something. Thing with this is you shouldn't wait for shit to fall in your lap. Ask woman, ask 1-10 woman every day and i guarantee you that not long from then you'll have several yes's to a date.

• @Nexovous I like the encouragement! Thank you! It is hard to just randomly ask women but I suppose the only thing holding me back from asking is the moment and some women a faction that say yes will admire the confidence

• I'm weird is something I hear from all kinds of people but 0 evidence of why. I'm just fine on my own like I may even be considered asocial as I'm able to party alone, do all kinds of stuff alone these days and I feel better in my own company than anyone less interersting than me.

• Pinay strikes again with another fantastic Take. What about the picky single, though?

• I think I'm a bachelor single I Just Want to Have Fun

• Shy single. I am really shy around women I find cute.

• 11, 12, 13 and 15. Basically, the guy who will always be single because he can't talk to a girl, and girls won't want him anyway.

• I'm the "I'm trying to sleep with every girl i come across" single

• The talking to someone single. I think. Love stinks. 😠

• I am beyond. i am singular. At least until technology provides me matching kin.

• More from Guys
    39

What Girls Said 45

• The Career -Driven Single. Yeah that defines me pretty well.

• Bacholorette Single 100%

I went out two nights ago and had 8 dudes chasing me down for a number, guys buying me drinks, food, wanting to take me out. I have unknown numbers calling and texting me and 6 dates set up from Wed - Sun.

Im new to this so I dont know how to juggle so many guys. Im trying to funnel them down lol

Good MyTake!

• The "sick of being alone single and wants to share her life with someone but feels like there is no good guys left in her surrounding area so she is seriously considering moving in with her guy best friend when they're both 40 and still single and adopting 9 dogs and 9 cats" single.

• I feel the same way except with moving with BFF and adopting pets.

• I'm not really sure but I think I keep pushing people away because I'm not looking to be in a relationship at the moment. Plus, I tend to attract guys that want to get intimate way too soon (I don't really have any guy friends so these are guys I just met). And I don't like when guys try to get sex from me before I even get to know them, or when I have known them for less than a month.

• I am the single that got her heart broken and it would be unfair to try to find anyone else to fill his shoes. I have given up and never want to feel like this again. :(

• I was number 3 for a long long time
    well actually I was shy and wanted to have an excuse to not really date or see people
    the excuse was that I had a crush on a guy already so my heart was taken
    but the guy never knew I liked him... or that I existed...
    but it gave me an excuse to not date or allow people to date me lol

• 1, 2 and 6. I'm happily single but at the same time keeping an eye out for guys I'm into and sizing them up. However I'm travelling a lot this year so any potential boyfriend would have to join me or wait.

• 1 2 3 4 and 9
    Well you say I am 1, and I guess in a sense I am living life, but atm, Im too lazy to go out.
    2 and 3, I think we are past the infatuation stage - totally one sided though.
    4. D and T
    9 i have a job so thats god i guess

• I think I am the infatuated with someone type of single 😂

• I am 12. Seems like as much as I try I can't make anyone like me so I know what my fate is and I will be 11 soon

• Lmao i used to be 2, 3, 4, 7. Haha Good Take

2. The Talking to someone Single.
    (Back in early 2017)

(Back in 2001-2006)

4. The Expert on Relationships Single.
    (Like forever all the way up until mid 2017)

7. The Loyal Single.
    (Back in 2001-2006)

• I feel like I'm always a mix between the talking to someone and hung up on their ex single, I need to be the taking some time to breath single.

• I'm definitely a mix. A little bit of 3, loads of 4's, a dash of 9, two cups of 10, a teaspoon of 11 and half a pound of 13.

• Career driven single but i am also waiting on Nick Bateman.

• I've been several of these kind of "single" throughout the years 😂 1,2 4-9 and 11.

• Probably no. 11 and 14. 40 cats are not so bad. I love cats

• Mixture of 1 and 10. I'm in a relationship now but when I was single I couldn't care less.

• I'm none of these singles!! :D and i'm not single anyway. But great mytake girl!!! :)

• I've been all kinds of single i went through them all and now im not single anymore

• I'm a little bit of both? lol, mainly the expert on other relationships while being pissy when someone asks me why I am still single.

• More from Girls
    25