What I Conclude From Jeff Bezos's Divorce

Here's What I learned from Bezos's Divorce

1. Marriage is Unpredictable & Volatile

Jeff Bezos's marriage to Mackenzie ending after 25 years of marriage showed me how marriage is unpredictable & volatile. Hence I believed marriage in the present is high risk, little to no reward.

Jeff Bezos's Marriage to Mackenzie
Jeff Bezos's Marriage to Mackenzie

2. Marriage Amplifies the Risk of Suffering Heartache

If Jeff Bezos aren't immune to the heartache of divorce, then what chance do people like me in reducing the risk of suffering heartache.

Divorce of Jeff & MacKenzie
Divorce of Jeff & MacKenzie

3. Falling In Love is Just as Dangerous as Taking Controlled Substances

I feel falling in love is dangerous because it has the power to destroy a human by inflicting heartache & pain of betrayal.

Quote about Love
Quote about Love

4. Love is Equivalent of Playing Russian Roulette

Falling in love today is equivalent to playing Russian Roulette. Why fall in love when falling in love is same as gambling with their own finance, happiness, & time?

Cynical Quote About Love
Cynical Quote About Love

2443

Most Helpful Girls

• Why would you bother wanting to learn ANYTHING from a celebrity divorce involving two people you know absolutely nothing about? The real lesson you should be taking from this is to get a life, and learn lessons from your OWN experiences, or at least from people you know.

• 7d

For me, if I can discover mistake Jeff Bezos made, I can learn how to avoid making same mistake.

• 6d

But you can't, because you'll never know all the details, because you don't know him at all.

• 6d

If I can learn from his mistake, I can concentrate on avoiding mistake he made if I decided to date or marry.

• 7d

Jeff Bezos is one of the most evil people to have ever lived. He has over 100 billion dollars and said that he couldn't think of any way to use his money other than go to space. There are starving children and kids dying of cancer, but he goes to bed every night not caring about them? How does he even sleep? He is psychotic.

• 7d

why should he do this? its his money

• 1d

The government has poured billions into that. Why should it be his responsibility to take care of the worlds problems?

• 1d

"Sure, he can support the creation of local filtration plants in rural villages that lack access to clean water. He can fund the contruction of schools, especially girls schools, where there is no education. He can purchase modern farm equipment for poor farmers to help them increase yield. He can construct affordable housing for those without homes. Instead this asshole "can't think of anything to spend his money on"."

This seems logical until you ask "why don't these people have these things already?" and then you do some research and you find that the main reason they don't is because a dictator or warlord takes anything of value from these people by force and either keeps it for himself or gives it to his cronies in order to consolidate his power. And that's exactly what would happen.

During the famine in Somalia, governments poured billions of aid into the country - and the local warlords immediately seized the food, medicine, supplies, etc., and carted them back to their compounds, and the people continued to starve - except those who chose to go to work for the warlord and do his dirty work.

You see this same pattern again and again and again.

Look at even a relatively major power like Russia. Russia has immense resources at its disposal, it has some excellent scientists and engineers and designers, but its total GDP is tiny, and people starve there at times. Why? Because the government has for many decades taken anything of value for itself, and people have been unmotivated to be productive and innovative because there is little reward for doing so. Thankfully, this is SLOWLY changing, but Putin and other hardliners are doing everything they can to maintain power, at the expense of the country.

Bezos's investments might be the difference of humans being able to sustain life somewhere other than Earth 100 years earlier, or the ability to deflect an asteroid that would wipe out all life. He's thinking bigger picture.

Most Helpful Guys

• 7d

If the government didn’t have their nose In people’s relationships ready to take all a guys assets and force him to pay for this and that or go to jail it wouldn’t be a bad risk. Government interference in relationships is what makes things so awful. It sucks to be betrayed romantically and have your heart broken but in time you get past it, move on, and form new relationships. Having the Sheriff of Nottingham threatening to take away your freedom if you don’t pay up so he can give some treats to the women that ripped out your heart is an entirely different story. The world is fucked up in the way it is currently structured.

• 7d

Anything the government touches dies. It is common practice.

I try and avoid the governments actively.

• Someone on reddit did the math and if his ex blew him once a day for 25 years, the math turned out to be like 7.9 million/blowjob.

She just became the richest woman in the world, how? By divorcing a rich man and taking half of his fortune. Go feminism and divorce, proving that the most successful way for a woman to get super rich is through divorce, not through their own effort and hard work.

Join the discussion

What Girls Said 22

• 7d

People are wrong not marriage.
    When students fail, it is because they are lazy and it not the school's fault.
    A lot of graduates struggle to find a job but that doesn't it is not worth going to unis in the first place.
    I hate boys who keep writing mytakes against marriage on this app.

Men are against marriage because marriage protects women from being used and dumped.

The idea is a woman should not lose her virginity before marriage, and if a man loves her, he should marry her before sleeping with her or making her pregnant.

Therefore, it is very obvious why men hate this rule and marriage, because it means they can't treat women like an object, piece of meat or a like a joke. Marriage means commitment. That's why men hate marriage.

Men know if they get married, they can't sleep with another woman, they have their options open, they can't have second thoughts or a backup plan.

A lot of men touch women for months and years, and then they dump women to have another adventure with another hot woman.

Now, those playboys, womanisers, fuckboys, cheaters, fake guys who use love to get sex, who have commitment issues hate marriage because it puts women in a stronger position.

Men hate marriage because marriage protects women from f*ckboys, from womanisers, from men who jump from one girl to another, from pump and dump culture, use and dump culture, from guys who get women pregnant and then run away, from guy who cause to emotionally become attacked through a physical relationship and then when they get bored of her body they run away to have another adventure with another sex object, with another piece of meat,

• 7d

Agree mostly but where are these virgins to marry? I mostly see hos. And tbh hos dont deserve any protections. Thats my real issue.

• 6d

Oh yes. I agree with all of that. And not all of us. I dont give a fuck about people calling me sexist pig and shit like that all the time. Lmao

• 4d

@bamesjond0069 anyone who speaks the truth is called a "sexist," or "racist," how can someone speak the truth by being 100% neutral and politically correct? If people call you sexist, then it means you must have said something correct that triggered them because truth is bitter. They prefer sweet lies. How is sexism even wrong? Nowadays, everything is sexist. Men and women are DIFFERENT not equal. Nowadays, if a teacher will tell a boy not to dress up as a princess or if he tells a girl not to dress up as a superman, he will get sacked according to the law. The more education is increasing, the dumber people are becoming. One parents were interviewed in their house 3 times to ask if their boys are allowed to play with barbie dolls, and they just wanted to let boys be boys. One sign of the last day is that women will look like men and men will look like women. I have seen that. They have introduced gender fluid fashion.

• 7d

You are making it sound like an unsuspecting man had his heart broken by a cruel woman. In reality, he was already openly cheating on his wife

• 6d

the comments of the men are disgusting. One guy said, "the most expensive prostitute ever" they are still writing hate comments against women. They are so bothered by the divorce bill get. Their comments are making my blood boil. One guy said, "marriage has no benefits for men, a woman comes with more then she went in it." One lady is heart broken and people are still jealous of her. The whole attention on the fact she will get a divorce bill of £3 billion and not on the fact, her husband CHEATED on her. Even the headlines in the newspaper said, a woman will get £3 billion when they should have said, "a woman got betrayed after 24 years of marriage." People are showing jealous instead of comfort or sympathy. They are putting a price on a woman's life, love, feelings and her broken heart. Her heart is made of gold because she spent 24 years of her life with her husband. How can put a price tag on a woman's dignity?

• 6d

@Shezadi I mean, I'm all against cheating. But how long does it take to heal a broken heart and how long does it take to make 3 billion pounds? hell, you could get a lifetime's worth of therapy sessions and be back on your feet in no time and still have 2.9 billion in your pocket. She'll be fine in easily a year without much help, and prob find another guy (if she so chooses, she prob won't because she'll have to find some guy who can compete with her 3 billion).

there's a reason guys don't trust marriage and its not because of lust. if 50% of marriages end in divorce, and I lose half of everything I've ever made to my wife outta some spiteful / hatefilled last ditch attempt to ruin my life (as has happened to my peers), what's the point? its ruined their livelihoods and it takes decades to recover.

its not about hating women, its not about promoting cheating, the fact remains that marriage is one of the most difficult things a guy can do correctly because of the high chance of failure, yet we keep trying and getting burned by it.

• 2d

@Shezadi
      Why won't your boyfriend let you kiss him, hug him, sit on his lap or even hold his hand before marriage?

• 4d

Very unfortunate circumstances. My real question is... does being a genius automatically induce one towards psychotic behaviour? Was this marriage flawed from the beginning or was it the strange phenomenon of having every earthly desire at your fingertip that causes you to chase the dragon?

• 6d

You missed the first lesson.
    Don’t mess around with others and cheat. That ultimately is the camel that broke the million dollar back and I don’t blame her for being pissed off.

• 6d

We love too long for marriage. Not to mention women are incapable: Yes, we want it while the babies are vulnerable, but after that, well, see for yourself.

• 2d

So where's the lesson "don't cheat on your wife if you want a happy marriage"?

• 6d

the lad should be of higher character. Character flaws revealed

• 6d

The undeniable truth is.. any thing can take precedence esp temptations, lots of hot girls to meet with. Esp when you're a guy, resourceful and powerful and no boundaries requires you to stay faithful, if you 're rich like Jeff Bezos. It doesn't matter if the marriage breaks up, she is young and attractive and will be incredibly rich after settlement. (Ok, maybe a broken heart to contend with now and that will take time to nurse before she opens up herself to someone new and different. The marriage has soured for at least a year by an estimated guess. Shit happens but at least she will be well taken care of. Never mind the break up because she's given her best and stayed faithful to help him flourish in his career.

• 7d

Love is risky, yes. We all need love <3, so need to take risk. :)

• 7d

He cheated, HE isn't heartbroken.

• 6d

How do you know he cheated?

• 6d

Ummmm... did you not see the news. Trumps friend owns the newspaper that followed him around for 5 months investigating his relationship with his mistress. Bezos owns the Washington Post, they always write horrible stories on Trump. So thus was Trumps revenge. He even tweeted about it.

• 5d

If Bezos cheated, then that's another mistake to avoid if I decide to date.

• 7d

Okay

• 6d

His ex wife has a giraffe neck 🦒

• 7d

why is this even news worthy

• 6d

because the divorce bill is £3 billion. The man has £137 billion. The woman will become the richest woman on the planet after getting the divorce bill. People are hating the woman because of the divorce bill she will get but they are not hating the man for cheating on her.
      That rings a bell and I see a story there. Why can't people see that she spent 24 years of her life with him, she put her heart on her sleeves, she probably had children too, gave her body for 24 years, how can they put a price tag on a woman's heart, her broken heart, her golden heart, love, feelings, sacrifice and 24 years of her life.

• 4d

I still fail to see the reason for caring

• 2d

@Volvagia I'm with you.

• 4d

Nice take

• 6d

Interesting

• 7d

The quotes are so cringe.

• 4d

that even the richest man on earth gets cucked.

• 3d

That’s exactly what I thought. I knew at this moment that dating is pointless.

• 7d

Didn't he cheat? Anyway those millionaire and celebrity marraiges are more like buisness transactions anyway. She probably starved him of sex so that he would cheat thus triggering a claus in their prenuptial agreement or which would make the prenuptial bum and void depending on how It was written entitling her to a large divorce settlement along with alimony and child support.

• 7d

haha, get him bitch, take his money.

• 4d

Oh hahahahaha. Take that man’s money make sure his kids never get to see him, an most importantly TAKE THE HOUSE. You bitch.

• 3d

@Robertcw Did you say I should have a million kids? got you.

• 3d

The human race is doomed.

• 7d

Oh stop being melodramatic and edgy.

• Regardless of this news, I can't stand him. He's so greedy and power hungry.

• A study was done that said the decision making skills of someone in love is on par with someone on drugs.

Also I would recommend you watching this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbagBeqClwo

What Guys Said 41

• I'm not quite understanding what lesson is to be found here.

Is it the fact that marriages are bad because when you start openly cheating on your wife with a married whore your wife might divorce you for half of your money as a result?

• Washington is a "no-fault" state so the only grounds are "irretrievable breakdown." The division of assets is the same regardless of who, if anyone, cheats.

The lesson is that if you make/have a lot of money and/or assets then marriage should be considered very carefully.

• I heard he was cheating but didn't know the other woman is married. Is it a case of said woman being separated and her husband knowing about his wife seeing other people, or was he in the dark about things?

• This is the way I think about marriage.

If you were to jump out of a plane and the instructor said there is only a 20 to 30% chance the parachute will open no one would do it, right?

• Make that 50%. That's realistic probability these days.

• 7d

I think he's about to lose the title of being the richest man alive.

• 2d

@MysteriousDarkness You have a 100% chance of dying either way, eventually. It is alike in that you have about the same chance of having it end horribly wrong.

• 7d

I don't really have a "lessons learned" list per say, but I have an observation:

Assuming $100B net worth, and that Mackenzie gets half of everything, did you know that she just became the new wealthiest woman in the US?

www.marketwatch.com/.../10-richest-women-in-america-2018-10-03-12885054

• 7d

Did you know that they both developed Amazon together?

• 2d

He is worth $137 billion

• 2d

That is until tge divorce os finalized

• Can't get divorced if you've never married.
    What I Conclude From Jeff Bezos&#39;s Divorce

Start using common sense boys and girls.

• He’s not heart broken he’s got a new girlfriend and his been with her for a while.

He is, however, about to see his ex off with $80 billion.

I’m not sure you picked up the correct lesson here.

• "I’m not sure you picked up the correct lesson here. "
      Look like neither did he. $80 billion wiped out. Speechless.

• 3d

To many people goes in to relationships for everything else then love. some are parasites, some others to bost their image, those that do it just to have a partner.

(In some countries wouldn't I even touch marriage dou to one sided sexsistic laws.)

Bottom end is. People lie about a lot in general and can't be trusted until they prove otherwise!

• What the heck is special about this marriage and divorce vs. any other marriage and divorce? You could conclude this stuff, if you want, from any marriage that ends in divorce. I don't even get what this has to do with the Bezos in particular.

• 7d

He's assuming he needs to be rich to keep a woman happy and sense Bezos was the richest and still failed he despondent.

• 5d

Falling in love is great, nothing in this life lasts forever, so it is wrong to pretend that you own a person, even if they do participate the ceremony of marriage with you, people can change their minds, and you have to prepare everyday to consider your other half might want an exit strategy, good relationships take work. And just because someone can file for divorce, does not mean you should not get married.

• 7d

Sounds like more MGTOW non-sense.

Don't get in a relationship of any significant length because (fill in non-sense reason).

• 7d

I can't stop believing in love just because a billionare's marriage got broken after the silver jubilee XD

• with his money I'd have a new supermodel show up in my bedroom every 12 hours. What took him so long!

• 6d

a woman with dignity will never show up even if you offer her money in billions. Weak men hate marriage and weak men fall for whores. Real men choose dignified women and real men get married and male angels touch women after marriage. Weak men with commitment issues are scared of marriage. Whilst, there are men who will marry a lady even if she ends up having cancer or a terminal illness, even if she becomes disabled, they will love her even if she is in the hospital everyday, even when she is in her pyjamas, without makeup, baggy jumpers, even when she gains weight, even when she is in not "in the mood" for romance. For that man with a golden heart, the lady is more than just a body, the man understands that she has a heart, soul, mind, feelings, she is someone's daughter, sister and future mother. She is not there to look sexy everyday and to entertain, she can also have bad days.

• 5d

Shezadi - No thanks to that! Sorry

• 4d

@Shezadi Don’t feel bad for people who don’t ask for sympathy.

• 2d

• Well love can kill you or put you back together

but shooting urself in the head im pretty sure its only going to kill you , not going to put you back

but i know what u mean

• 7d

Famous people’s marriages end all the time and they get remarried more times than they have kids
    This isn’t anymore special than any other celebrity divorce

• 4d

Rich people Mary like poor people Netflix and chill

• 7d

• 4d

As far as I can tell, MGTOW is working. Young people are talking about it, acknowledging it. Some are getting worked up over it.

That’s a sign that it’s ultimately doing what it should.

Steady the course people.

• 2d

@Shiningtempest BRAVO!!! Well said brother. Well said. "Love is Equivalent of Playing Russian Roulette" You can apply pretty much the same for having kids and bringing new people into existence into this world. The last one in particular about playing russian roulette. And these two had been together for how long? 25 YEARS! It's like WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED? Guess they weren't exactly "happy" nor "fulfilled" in their marriage after all then? Just as I've recognized long ago when I had my reality check. Things like this are bound to happen simply because it's never an absolute guarantee that things are all going to turn out to be just fine.

@Unit1 @serious @lumberman989 @cynicaldreamer Did any of you see this yet?

• I think the main takeaway is don't get married to someone who earns significantly less than you.

• 7d

He wasn’t rich when she married him. The gap wasn’t too big

• 2d

The whole thing smells suspicious...
    ... Is she going to get 50+ billion in alimony? 😱 man.. Marriage is just irrelevent in today's time specially for men.

• 3d

This is why marriage is a useless waste of time. I'll only have long term relationship without any legal bonds of marriage, but never a marriage

• 4d

Well he fucked his friends Wife. Can't feel too bad lol. Most expensive dick suck he'll ever pay for.

• I think you are using that as a proposal to justify marriage isn't worth it so you don't want it. Divorce rates now are sky high and relationship failures multiples of that. Within marraiges that survive are all kinds of issues.

There is lots of information out there on what why, how, etc.. you just need to get educated to decide what you will do. I see marriages that work, are really good for both and the kids, and productive... produce decent offspring.

No doubt it is commitment and work and risk, so maybe a better question is what is the value of marriage now vs the risk faced?

• 3d

She became the richest woman on Earth by default, simply because she married the richest dude on Earth.

• 5d

I don't conclude anything, because Jeff Bezos is a punkass bitch. That's about it. He deserves whatever's coming to him.

• 7d

once you have money... you are now the problem... lol strange how it works haha

• 7d

Jeff Bezos. The richest man on the planet decides to cheat without a prenup AAANNNND he picks a 49 year old woman. The guy could have had an 18 year old version of Megan Fox or Kate Upton, and basically had his own sex kitten/even started a new family.

Instead. No. A 49 year old woman. Granted, his wife looked hideous after she chopped her hair short like a man, but still.

• The bigger earner almost always gets screwed in a divorce.

• 5d

What in can conclude is that his wife doesn't look real.

• 3d

His wife is quite good looking and got some nice pair of boobs. I don't know why he betrayed her.

• 6d

I feel the same way. That's why I've never had a relationship

• Show more from Guys
    11