My thoughts and experience with LDR

DiegoO

A few days ago I published a previous MyTake about how I contributed to the fall of the one and only serious LDR I ever had. Before that MyTake I wrote others related to the same topic. All what I lived you can find it in this one.

⚠️I will no longer write MyTakes related to the topic.

My thoughts and experience with LDR

The fatality of long distance relationships (5 things you should know). Part 1

The fatality of long distance relationships (5 things you should know)

The fatality of long distance relationships (5 things you should know). Part 2

The fatality of long distance relationships (5 things you should know) Part 2

5 Red Flags You Should Never Ignore From A Partner Or Potential Partner

How I ruined my long distance relationship: 5 things I did!

WHEN A RELATIONSHIP IS OVER

WHEN A RELATIONSHIP IS OVER

The “true love” test: Vague and misleading

My thoughts and experience with LDR
0
4
0Girl Opinion
4Guy Opinion

Most Helpful Guys

• sawno
    I think your view on them is quite tainted by your experience because ultimately it got destroyed by things you would have gotten into in real life to. My LDR is currently going very strong, we are on a level not many manage to achieve and i have not been able to achieve with partners before. And we are truthful to each other even if thats tough at times. So i don't expect many problems down the line, but it will be difficult trying to actually make it work in real life given the barriers we'd have to cross. Still, its worth trying to me. And the time i am currently spending with her is amazing.
    Is this still revelant?
  • OlderAndWiser
    Does writing about this experience help you to resolve your feelings about her? Does it have a cathartic effect for you? When a relationship disturbs me, a few times I have written a song and it was therapeutic for me.
    Is this still revelant?
    • DiegoO

It did. My mind is clear about everything that has to do with her.

Years passed, at first it was tough. With the years I realized breaking up was the wisest decision, and that it would have been wiser to breakup, long before. Ironically, the relation gave me a complete knowledge of LDR, it also made valid my excepticism towards online relationship. Excepticism I set aside when I decided to give my toxic positivity a trye.

• DiegoO

I also wrote tons of poems and published a poetry book that initially had her name on it. The process was an odyssey.

• That is what I suspected. I recognize it from my personal experience.

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

02
  • MarkusCopeland
    How many damn threads are you making about this? You're not a psychologist. This is pathetic, bordering on obsession.
    • DiegoO

Ha, what would you know?

This MyTake is the last one of its kind, and is nothing new. It's basically only to make more visible the other MyTakes I did, related to LDR.

• legalboxers
    I've been in a shit load of LDRs.. and to be honest. I found them to be better than in person. Less drama.. less bullshit

Share the first opinion in your gender