Move away with girlfriend for her career or stay in hometown?

Anonymous
So my girlfriend graduated with a degree in chemical engineering this past may. Due to the ongoing pandemic she has not found employment in our home state of Illinois & we are getting to the point where relocating may he her only option for getting a job. She currently lives with her mother by the way while I live in a student apartment with a room mate. I am a certified mental health counselor full time currently with a handful of connections in my time & will be graduating with a degree in social work in December of this year. I also have a strong support system of family & friends here & have lived here my whole life. Meanwhile she has a significant amount less of things holding her back in comparison. She came here from Europe many years ago with her mother & sister who aren't that close with her & her best friend is soon being sent back to her home country. As this situation escalates I'm forced to ask myself the challenging question of if I should stay in my hometown where my career, schooling & support is & let her leave or leave my life in my hometown behind to go support her? I am planning to do a master's program for social work but am open to an online program which wouldn't make a difference wherever I were to be. What is the best option in this case? Is the thought of staying behind selfish?
Move away with girlfriend for her career or stay in hometown?
Add Opinion