What Psalms 1 Teaches about Boundaries - Bible Talk

jennifer_bloom

To me the first part is about language

God is asking you to avoid allowing the language of the greedy, the critical, the disorderly, the hateful, and the violent to impact your behaviour or mould your dreams

The second part of the verse is about your physical and geographic location - avoid sharing the habits of those who do wrong by choosing to situate yourself with them

The third part of the verse is about your indulgences, motives and comfort levels - do not rest when it’s time to work or dine at restaurants when it’s time to exercise or watch tv when your family needs help with chores - or buy a third leather bag when your best friend is homeless and needs rent money

reject the language of evil doers by rejecting their social context

reject the companionship of evil doers by rejecting and ignoring their social disposition

reject the motives and fantasies of evil doers by rejecting their self affirming excuses and self-denying lies and self indulgent pleasures

1 - do not be fearful

2 - do not be treacherous

3 - do not be lazy and indulgent

4
2

Most Helpful Girl

• 5points2gspot
    I didn’t know any of that. I like this. Thank you 🙏🏻🤍
    Is this still revelant?

Most Helpful Guy

• Myk13
    I know I couldn’t have said it any better. Thanks
    Is this still revelant?
    • Myk13

You have a gift. So much of the Bible isn’t the easiest to interpret and to be able to apply in the world we live in today. But you have the ability to make it seem so simple.
      It’s so nice to see somebody take the time to share their understand of the Bible. I hope I’m not out of line with any of this. I just felt the need to tell you that your works are appreciated. At times, It seems that the internet is filled with only darkness and hatred. Yet you shine through like a lighthouse on a rocky shore in the midst of a violent storm. You are an inspiration and breath of fresh air. Thank you, and may God continue to shine his light upon you.

• That is kind of you

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

13
  • Gravit1
    I respectively have a different take. It shows a progression of corruption. At first people are walking together, then then they are standing together, and finally they are sitting together. This progression does follow the pattern of the world and matches what Paul relayed in Romans 12:2 , about not being conformed to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. John 15:19, If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.
    These point to separation from the world and Psalm 1 shows us the progression of those that follow the world. The follow every whim and have no substance. A tree is often used a spiritual symbolism, because it produces much fruit and is firmly planted on a good foundation. It is a reminder to abstain from this world and is a contrast between God's way and that of the world.
  • Sailorboat23
    "nor stand in the way of sinners"
    Shouldn't people stand in the way of the sinners be a hurdle for sinners to commit sin.
  • Bratsondanielle
    I like this a lot. It's a nice thing. Good values
  • Unatcomail
    Are mytakes good for xper? Help me out