How would your life change if you were racist or sexist?

Massageman

I'm glad I'm not or I couldn't have a PBJ and iced tea while watching TV, play "gun battle" with the grandkids or even drive my car without being a hypocrite. Here's why - - -

If I were racist - - -

George Washington Carver, the original
George Washington Carver, the original "Mr. Peanut".

- - I couldn't eat that peanut butter and jelly sandwich. George Washington Carver created over 300 products from peanuts and soybeans!

If I were racist - - -

William Reilly, founder of Luzianne Tea.

- - - I couldn't wash down that PBJ with a nice glass of my favorite iced tea, Luzianne.

If I were racist - - -

Created the system to scan images for color TV.

- - - I couldn't take my PBJ and iced tea and watch a TV show. Guillermo Gonzalez Camarena was instrumental in making color television a reality. He was the one who invented a scanning system that would separate each image into the three light colors- red, green and blue- used to recreate the image.

If I were sexist - - -

A system to clean streetcar windows found its way onto the automobile.

- - - I couldn't drive to my grandkids' house in the rain. Seeing the problem a street car operator had in the rain, Mary Anderson invented a "Window Cleaning Device" for streetcar windows or, as it's known now, the windshield wiper.

If I were a racist - - -

Lonnie Johnson, aerospace engineer.
Lonnie Johnson, aerospace engineer.

- - - I couldn't play gun battle with my grandsons because I couldn't use their Super Soakers, invented by Lonnie Johnson, an aerospace engineer who also invented a thermoelectric energy converter for the aerospace industry.

Thank goodness I can take everyone at face value for what they can do for us and not how they look.

17
41
17Girl Opinion
41Guy Opinion

Most Helpful Girl

• Teahappy
    People are still racist and eat peanut butter, use toilets, use the stoplight, and still listen to music with rhythm and beat. The world would be so boring if there wasn't blacks, hispanics, Asians, indians. If it was only whites, especially racist whites. It would be boring.
    LikeDisagree 6 People
    Is this still revelant?
    • I would love a world with no nuckle draggers

• Massageman

I think you got the gist of this MyTake. It was a bit of satirical-sarcasm to point these things out. Maybe I was a bit too subtle? Here's your well-deserved MHO.

• Xoirwinkan

I disagree with your last line. "Whites" are quite diverse, and would you consider it racist if I said that it would be boring if their were only blacks?

Most Helpful Guys

• Straight_Shooter
    I get your point, but it's a little over the top. In fact, if the most valuable contributions out minorities and women to society that you can come up with are peanut butter, iced tea, windshield wipers and super soakers, I'd tend to think you are racist and sexist.
    LikeDisagree 3 People
    Is this still revelant?
    • Massageman

I don't believe I ever said they were the "most valuable". I simply picked things I use frequently. And actually, it really never gets near the top, yet alone over the top.

• It's a little absurd to suggest that racists won't eat peanut butter, isn't it? Does the mere fact that someone eats peanut butter prove they aren't racist? Again, I get your point, but it's academically juvenile at best.

• Massageman

Yes, you got the point. Sorry this MyTake had to resort to such a simplistic way of portraying things, but still so many missed the point. Maybe I was too subtle?

• ItsAMeA
    Love the satire and sarcasm here.
    LikeDisagree 2 People
    Is this still revelant?
    • XD...

• Massageman

I'm glad that you saw through the facade here and caught my drift. Here's your well-deserved MHO. Obviously, if someone has a belief, an invention or theory probably won't change their belief system. Our society- however- has come down to this type of thinking! And the media and business are all too happy to keep stirring up the pot. This MyTake was meant to cast some light on it. I do, however, abide by my last pull-quote at the bottom and DO try to take each person as an individual

• I agree, Massageman.

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

1639
  • ThisDudeHere
    Being racists does not exclude one from consuming or using products invented by a person of another race. I mean, by that logic alone, only Africans could eat cooked meat.
    Like 2 People
  • Stingray444
    I don't like to even think about that. I fell asleep watching Will Smith have his birthday party last night and it was emotional, especially when his wife was there in the end.

Everyone deserves equal rights and if I was racist or sexist then I would have a lot less happiness for other people as well as myself. It'd honestly be sad
    Like 2 People
  • Dongtai
    I wouldn’t have dated the women I’ve dated and I wouldn’t have the friends I have now. Probably wouldn’t have the job I have now, so depending on how I made money, I’d either not be graduating from school next year or I’d have a lot of debt instead of no debt.

I think my life would be pretty sad compared to what I have now if I lived my life in a box versus exposing myself to all people and learning to love them.
    Like 2 People
  • hellionthesagereborn
    Well first, George Washington Carver did not invent peanutbutter (ironically that was one of the few peanut based products he didn't create). Second you wouldn't be able to do plasma transfusions as the man who invented that was black (or appreciate the three musketeers as Alexander Dumas was black) etc. Third, you forgot to point out whites, we invented things too (I don't like how people present racism as if its only something white people do when in fact all groups practiced it for all of history), we where the ones who pushed to end slavery in the world so if we where racist against whites we wouldn't be able to appreciate the fact that all of us (whites included) don't have to worry about slavery as well as the idea that we should judge people based upon merit not immutable characteristics (a product of the enlightenment period). we also wouldn't be able to appreciate math, specifically as it pertains to the concept of zero (Indians invented it), or algebra (middle eastern), etc. etc. If we where sexist we wouldn't be able to appreciate civilization (built on the backs of men, maintained by men etc.) etc. etc. I don't particularly like these things because they always single out whites and men, as if we never contributed and as if we are the only ones capable of sexism and racism (ironic because this is descrimination and by extension would be racism and sexism). Not accusing you of anything, just annoyed that this thinking, of reducing every one down to their skin color is so common (I appreciate the last comment you made, I would have taken this seriously otherwise (satire and parody are difficult when the world gets to the point of absurd as any claims you make are going to seem genuine by comparison).
  • whitehide
    I'm ashamed of it, but I used to be racist and I feel disgusted of my past self because of it. I saw people of other ethinicities as inferior to me. But a wonderful Indian girl saved me from my ignorance, and opened my eyes, she was a true angel, for lack of a better word. I'm proud to say that I'm not racist anymore.
    Like 2 People
    • whitehide

If I hadn't changed my ways, then there would be so many wonderful people I wouldn't have gotten to know. So I'm glad that I did.

• OddBeMe
    Interesting references to great inventors. But that’s not racism. Bigots would use inventions by blacks and women and even have pleasant convos at work with everyone. But they would just falsely believe that race affects intelligence when there’s no science to back that up. So basically they just want to feel superior while still enjoying everything everyone else does.
    Like 1 Person
  • supercutebutt
    If I were a racist, I couldn't go outside without wearing my vibrant red MAGA hat. Just like the weirdo in my neighborhood who I see all the time walking his dog.
    Disagree 2 People
  • zagor
    Yeah, that's assuming racists wouldn't be willing to use something developed by some group they dislike. I doubt many racists refuse to eat at a restaurant just because the server is whatever.
    Like 2 People
  • _SOARER_
    Haha I get your points. I am not racist because I understand every race is distinct in their behavior and culture, and it's these differences which allow them to innovate.
    Like 1 Person
  • Marriedwith2
    Nice but the problem is that racist and sexist are weak insecure stupid men* who are world class hypocritical cowards... they never are man enough to own up to it. Saying/agreeing to all types of racist crap but shocked and horrified when called on it.

*yes, I know there are plenty of dull-witted racist/sexist women as well...
  • Pink2000
    If I were racist then I wouldn’t be attending a predominately white institute... I’d i were racist then I wouldn’t volunteer anywhere.
    Like 1 Person
  • znouj
    Stupid thread, that's like asking what your life would be if you were a heretic or a wog (Scientology).

Racism only means anything if you bought into a retarded ideology that was forced upon you by birth like a religion. Only stupid people who aren't critical thinkers continue to buy into it.
    Like 1 Person
    • znouj

Also, what are you implying with this? Are you saying most of those people wouldn't have existed because of sexism or Racism? Buddy, most of those people existed during it and we all exist today with racism simultaneously.

• just_a_potato
    I'd be a sad peice of shit if I were, well I mean I already am but at least I'm not sexist or racist lol
    Like 1 Person
  • Bananaman177
    To be honest, my life didn't change that much.

I still enjoy my favorite tea, I just hate the black bastard that founded the company, and his uppity slut of a wife.
    Like 1 Person
  • NickiB
    I would be angry and miserable because I would be to busy constantly obsessing over everything other races do to enjoy my life.
    LikeDisagree 2 People
  • Kayla45
    Yes, because I couldn't be the person I set myself out to be.
    LikeDisagree 3 People
  • khalibe
    We build space shuttles but still struggling to decipher, that we are all human beings having similar wants, that's rich
    Like 1 Person
  • lucas262
    Im racist to stereotypes.
    Not every black person is good gansta but the perception is perpetuated through white society it alienates us from living in harmony and that is 1 example there are countless.

Stereotypes are bad.
  • Babygirl_S
    What does a PBJ or iced tea have to do with racism tho? They taste good. I didn't understand this post 🤔
    LikeDisagree 5 People
    • The rationale behind many racist or sexist things makes no sense unless you are those people who claim these things. As a white male I'm no longer allowed to ask a black lady for her ID, which is racist, even though she looks 19 and wants to buy alcohol. So I'm forced to deny many sales, which is racist, unless she is understanding enough to provide me her ID. Many times at work I'm just racist for being white and a bigot for being male. It doesn't have to make sense. I dont blame these kids, they dont know what racism is and I'm glad they dont. It sucks being discriminated against. I just dont like the wolves that cry wolf.

• Ok so pb&j is racist to a single principle in Oregon, who believes people in Somalia or Mexico or Spain dont eat pb&j. So eating pb&j is in their eyes is no different than asking them for a culinary equivalent, which is racist. https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_1874905
      This is what fake news is referring to, in my opinion. It's just outlandish claims that try to justify accusations that make no sense

• Babygirl_S

Brother I'm clearly not black

• KieranByrne
    I'd make a terrible racist; over the top -possibly be on a few talk shows, go to the rallies etc, and being sexist 🤷‍♂️. Be beat up. Females can be stronger than what men/people perceive or say.
  • Show More (35)