If your wife cheated and got pregnant by another man, would you stay or leave?

I’d love to hear what any husbands who stop by have to say in answer to this question. I personally believe that a marriage contract has been breached the moment either the wife gets pregnant by another man or the husband gets another woman pregnant. There is no longer a marriage at that point as far as I’m concerned. Sometimes I find myself holding very antiquated and sexist views. I’m not bragging about that as it’s nothing to brag about. I’m just being honest in admitting that I am not always consistent in my opinions and that my opinions about cheating sometimes change depending on the gender of the cheater. For example I can more easily find reasons for a wife to stay with her husband if he’s cheated and gotten another woman pregnant than I can find for a man to stay with his wife. It seems somehow worse to me when a wife steps out on her husband and gets pregnant by another man, and I see it as somehow indicative of a weakness in character when a man stays with his wife under those circumstances. To get pregnant by another man to me is just the ultimate insult to your husband. So I pose the question to any husband who is reading, if your wife got pregnant by another man would you stay and if you would stay what would be your reasoning in deciding to stay?

• YES
  • NO
  • MAYBE
    Vote C
I personally went through this. 14 years later we are divorced both re-married. I can tell you it’s the most DEVASTATING thing that I ever went through. Not a day goes by that I don’t feel pain in my bones. I actually watched her give birth to the baby. NO ONE, and I mean NO ONE can describe how this event affected my life, and continues to this day, 14 years later. You have your good days, and your bad days, but you NEVER get over it. The absolute hardest part is the last thing my ex-wife

624

Most Helpful Girl

• As a female who is also a Wise ol Owl... It is One's Own choice in this Mucky Matter.
    Knowing what she did to you and didn't even have the Gall and All to Use any protection, She may never stop Cheating. A baby can cause a Rut in a Relationship when times get Rough.
    She has Cheated you even with having a Child together because this one Doesn't belong to you and always Will be a Constant reminder, All way round, Of what she did behind closed doors with another.
    You are so right here, dear... You never get over it.
    Good luck. xx

Most Helpful Guy

• I have been cheated on multiple times. I will never visit that kind of pain on my wife or any one else. Never have never will. My wife and i have an understanding, that if she cheats, She is gone. i will change the locks and move all of her stuff to my front deck. I will call her parents and have them get her stuff. I have zero room in my life for disloyalty, Period. I will stop all communications between me and her, and i will disconnect her cell phone (it is on my plan, she does not pay for it). Finally i will hire the best lawyer in town, and file for divorce.

In a marriage cheating is never acceptable for either party. A woman that chooses that path, is not a woman any more, and she automatically accepts the consequences of her actions. A man that chooses that path, is not a man any more, and he automatically accepts the consequences of his actions.

Sponsored

0/2500

Send It!

What Girls Said 5

• If two people, regardless of gender, agree to a monogamous relationship and one party breaks that agreement it's quite normal to be hurt and to not be able to trust the other person anymore. Yes, it is sexist to think that a woman should have to put up with her husband cheating while a man does not.

And why the random line drawn at pregnancy? Most people consider it to be cheating long before that happens. If my partner kisses another person, that's cheating by our standards and would be grounds for leaving.

• I mean in the end of the day it comes down to the couple. Yea, you see the kid but if you have forgiven her I'd think you'd probably adopt the child. As for women, she is reminded every time you go off to visit the kid, have the kid come to you, when your sending money. gifts.. etc so no women don't have it easier with a cheating husband they just swallow their pride if they want to make it work. But like I said it comes down to the couple and the relationship, would I stay? Most likely no, pregnancy is another level. especially since he was so irresponsible to not use protections and then I'd have to fear an std.

• Fuck that. I wouldn't stay with a cheater.

• I'd leave that bitch, these hoes ain't loyal

• So she cheated on you and it's not your kid?

• nope

• not my child

• But you helped raise the child

What Guys Said 23

• I would leave as soon as I found out about the infidelity. Never mind getting pregnant. There is NO excuse for being unfaithful. When she went in for extra-marital sex, she knew what the consequences would be if found out. It's a one way street. No going back as it would NEVER be the same again.

I'm so sorry that people have to go through trauma like this. I know it's darned hard, but you should have saved yourself a lot of heartache and left her the same day as you found out.

• Oh, I don't know. I'd have to say the marriage contract ends LOOONG before pregnancy. There must be some underlying issues and infidelity leading up to the pregnancy. But yes, getting pregnant by another man, or a man getting another woman pregnant is a dealbreaker to the marriage. Most court rulings would agree, and the person initiating the infidelity is often penalized when splitting the couple's assets.

Regarding your perception between a man staying with a pregnant cheating wife vs a wife staying with a cheating husband who got another woman pregnant... perhaps you feel it is worse due to the ego factor. Guys tend to have larger egos than their female counterparts.

In society, it is more acceptable for a woman to stay with a cheating husband, simply because women are more submissive than men. For a man, whom society designates as the head of the family, a cheating wife holding another man's baby is indeed the ultimate ego buster. It is humiliating to both the man or woman being cheated on, but I think it is just that women are expected to be more willing to accept it.

• No fucking way I'm staying with that bitch. I don't care if she didn't get pregnant, even a kiss would mean a breakup. You don't claim you "love" someone, marry them, and then do stuff with other guys. The fuck?

I have self-respect, which means I'm not staying with someone that doesn't respect me.

• I would leave. Not raising someone else kid either!

• id be so pissed. i can assume i would divorce and leave without even saying a word to her, but I don't know.

when it happens ill know lol.

• It would be over so fast I dont even have a clever metaphor to finish this joke!

I would find the most ruthless heartless dirty lawyer I could possibly find, I would sell everything we owned to pay his fee if I had to, I would hit her with every legal option I possibly could ifbwe had any kids she would never see them again, and I would post every single nude selfie I had of her all over the internet for all to see. There would be no end to my wrath!

I guess its probably good that I dont want to get married ha ha

• No way.

• I'm not married but as soon as I find out if my future wife ever cheats, I will be dragging her to the divorce court and she will be on her own from then.

Only a guy with little self-respect for himself would stay with a cheating wife.

• Her being pregnant is completely irrelevant. If I find out she has cheated on me, she'll be out the door faster than she can say "What the fuck just happened?". Zero bullshit tolerance.

• How can I stay with a cheater? She would probably dump after giving birth and let me raise the child alone.

• Probably leave but it's hard to say for sure.

• if she was cheating on me and got pregnant i would leave

• absolutely no. im not going to be financially responsible for another guy's child. fuck that that kid, my ex-wife and that guy can rot in hell for all that i care.

• i would leave her stupid ass alone

• I'd be gone.

• I'd kick her out of my home, divorce her, and never speak to her again if she was lucky.

• there's no point, the choice has been made... why stay?

• Why the fuck would I stay after that? Nope, I'm out.

• She's not my wife and it's not my child

• The contract would be breached at the act of adultery. I would not take her back, largely because I wouldn't believe the sincerity of her return to me: obviously she doesn't love me, so why waste time being with someone who doesn't?

• Good question. I voted "maybe."

• You need to GTFO, for liability reasons as well as your own sanity.

• Why'd you stick around to watch her give birth? Did you only know about what happened after that?