My ex refuses to be my friend, what should I do?

Me and my boyfriend have been together for five years, and a year ago we got engaged. I recently decided he was not the right one for me, so I broke up with him. I offered him friendship and he refused it. Since we broke up he has refused to talk to me, and he ignores me completely. He wasn't only my fiancé and my love but he was also my best friend, I miss him and I want us to continue on being friends. What should I do?

Most Helpful Guy

• Although you felt he wasn't right for you he might have felt differently, he probably felt you were right for him, I was in a similar but different situation and I couldn't be friends because I still felt that she was the one for me. It also could be that he's still attracted to you and would be unable to be "just friends" and always want more. It seems that he's still hurting so he might not want to talk to you for a long time, it's been a year since I talked to my ex and I still have no desire to be friends or talk to her at all.