• Ask
  • myTake

My ex won't give me my stuff back, what should I do?

My ex boyfriend and I dated for 3 and a half years and broke up 2 months ago. Since then, I've casually and nicely asked him when I can get my stuff... Show More

Most Helpful Opinion

• You can take this to a small claims court. Add up the cost of the items missing, and serve him with a legal notice saying that he either owes you the money or the stuff. You'd rather have the stuff, but if he doesn't answer to the serving, you automatically win. Read up on this: link For a case this simple, you really wouldn't even need a lawyer, but if you did, you could find one on any bench or bus sign in your area haha. People can't be d***s like this and just steal your personal property. Its yours, and you deserve to have it back.

What Guys Said 3

• "I don't want to be the creepy ex that shows up at his house"You're only the "creepy ex" if you're showing up because you want HIM back. If you're just trying to get your stuff, then you're not being creepy at all, you're just trying to collect what's yours. Threaten him with court action if necessary. Then follow through if he fails to comply.

• Call the police...

What Girls Said 1

• drop by his house with a couple of thugs and an ak47... should do the trick :)

• Lmao! This answer cracked me up. Well my new boyfriend is actually a police officer and he offered to go with me to my ex's house, but before I do anything drastic like that I just figured I'd get some other opinions.

• LOL, oh that works! The More Drastic the better haha. I'd have to squad and helicopters everything ahhaha :Pjk