My ex won't give me my stuff back, what should I do?

My ex boyfriend and I dated for 3 and a half years and broke up 2 months ago. Since then, I've casually and nicely asked him when I can get my stuff back, (I have a bunch of shirts and my pair of expensive ice skates at his house) but he's never given me a straight answer about it. Now, I'm getting really annoyed, because he's gone from giving me vague answers to just completely ignoring me every time I text him asking for it back.What should I do? I don't want to be the creepy ex that shows up at his house but at the same time...I want my stuff back and this "ignoring" game is getting ridiculous. I don't even understand why he'd want to keep it. Advice/suggestions please?(He broke up with me, I didn't break up with him. Which is why this whole "not giving my stuff back" bs makes no sense. I am dating someone new, so maybe he's mad about that for some reason? I don't know I'm just trying to think of possible reasons for this immaturity.)

What's Your Opinion?

Anonymous posts are not allowed

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• You can take this to a small claims court. Add up the cost of the items missing, and serve him with a legal notice saying that he either owes you the money or the stuff. You'd rather have the stuff, but if he doesn't answer to the serving, you automatically win. Read up on this: link For a case this simple, you really wouldn't even need a lawyer, but if you did, you could find one on any bench or bus sign in your area haha. People can't be d***s like this and just steal your personal property. Its yours, and you deserve to have it back.

What Guys Said 2

• "I don't want to be the creepy ex that shows up at his house"You're only the "creepy ex" if you're showing up because you want HIM back. If you're just trying to get your stuff, then you're not being creepy at all, you're just trying to collect what's yours. Threaten him with court action if necessary. Then follow through if he fails to comply.

• Call the police...

What Girls Said 1

• drop by his house with a couple of thugs and an ak47... should do the trick :)

• LOL, oh that works! The More Drastic the better haha. I'd have to squad and helicopters everything ahhaha :Pjk

• Lmao! This answer cracked me up. Well my new boyfriend is actually a police officer and he offered to go with me to my ex's house, but before I do anything drastic like that I just figured I'd get some other opinions.