5 Weird Things That Turn Me Off About Guys

Inspired by this post about 10 weird things that turn the poster on.

1) Awkwardness

I know some people find a guys awkwardness cute, but it can get pretty uncomfortable and mutual comfort is just attractive to me.

2) Over Confidence

If you walk around thinking you're a God I'll automatically find you incredible unattractive.

3) Over Estimation Of Intelligence

Guys who walk around thinking they're so smart and shoving all of their opinions on religion, politics, and life down peoples throats because they feel their opinions are the only right ones are not only unattractive but really annoying.

4) Invading My Personal Space

Some guys will literally be aware of the fact that you are cringing away in disgust and yet continue to try and give you hugs and touch you. It's unappealing and it makes me like you even less.

Don't touch me. I shouldn't need to tell you that.

5) Over Masculinity

Giving our genders each specific roles is agitating. As in, thinking I shouldn't be the one driving or I should be the one cooking or any general sexism whatsoever. I don't want to be treated like you think I'm weak or less competent than you at certain things, I want to be treated like your equal and respected like a woman.

So there you have it, things that turn me off.

*prepares for the hoard of angry internet men*

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 112

• So what is it that you do want in a guy?

Why the dislikes? o_0 it seems like an honest question to me?

@E-Nigma Yes, it is a sincere question. If I say, "I don't like A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, or J in a girl," it might leave you wondering 'hasn't he eliminated 99% of the girls out there?' You might also wonder if I have a rather negative attitude about girls since I am focusing on so many negatives.

So. . . I asked the question to try to get a better understanding of the motivations here. Why someone would read that and perceive a negative is beyond me!

• They are all highly debatable generalizations about guys. Only a minority of guys will have any ONE of these traits.

• Many guys have them, thereby, she doesn't say that guys have them and thus doesn't generalize, but only states that she finds them less attractive if they do...

@Rick1998 Stop yer mansplainin' right der.

"Only a minority of men are masculine"
      - martyfellow, 2016

• I would say these things also apply with us guys when it comes to women. Though I would've covered some more indepth things that turn me off about women if I wrote this... Heyyyyy, maybe I will!

• lol I don't get why people always do this. When someone says something about that they don't like about the opposite gender, someone from the opposite gender always has to say something like "it's the same way with girls" you even complain about people doing that. Yet... Bunch of hypocrites on this site lmao.

• @99percentangel Joking?
      Please note the absence of "lol's".
      Usernames have meaning, stories, history and scope.
      Or... they just look cool.
      I'm leaning on the profound thing... for yours.

Isn't that a tad more interesting than being relegated to a rhetorical question, posed to a non-script assemblage of Human beings... twice?

• @99percentangel I agree to both of you...

but let me remind you both.. we all have freedom of speech.. so we can say our opinion... so stop judging each other..
      It will create never ending misunderstanding.. nothing less

• All girls under the age of 20 have a big problem with ego these days (quite the opposite of the '50s).

As they age, they start to waver... they start to realize that confidence is typically extremely sexy, while overly confident still isn't, and they actually start to prefer touchy-feely guys for some reason.

• the confidence can be a turn off because it's not real...

• Lol, if that were true, girls my age wouldn't have as many boyfriends/girlfriends. Plus, I'm not really all that confident in who I am, considering I'm always being called a show-off. I can't even enjoy doing what I love without people constantly knagging me. It's not like I ever say "Hey, look at me!" or "I'm way better at this than you are!" This just turned into a full on rant, but thanks anyway. I needed to get that out.

Look at dem downvotes, girl.

• Technically, everyone tends to overestimate their intelligence.

• 4) is funny because some girls start whining about how the guy doesn't approach her enough, lol

• There's a difference between approaching and physical touching...

• @EnglishArtsteacher that's totally not true, women like it, when they don't is just because they don't like the person approaching them

• I know, right?
      Sometimes in a crowd, when I'm "accidentally" bumped by a pretty Woman...
      ... I gotta wonder?

• Don't hold expectations towards the opposite gender when you yourself can't hold up those same expectations cause that just makes you a hypocrite everthign you just mentioned is what I see in most girls as well.

• Basically the same for me when it comes to women except it's a bit different.

1. Major Awkwardness
    2. Over Confidence
    3. Over Estimation Of Intelligence
    4. Invading My Personal Space
    5. Excessive Clingyness

• It sounds to me like you just want respect and some appreciation of your gifts and talents before he goes all macho on you.

Totally agree with ya... Except for being awkward. A little bit is usually fine and adds character but yeah a lot is not good

I ARE ANGRY INTERNET MAN!

What is having them shine your shoes with their tongues light your fire?
    Every man can think of 20 things we don't like that you do so don't think your any better, some of you are down right weird to the point of being disgusting.

Well your time has passed anyway old man, so you don't need to worry about it 👍

😂😂😂#YeahOkay

Wow that's pretty messed up to tell someone, " well your time has passed anyway old man". Like seriously what's your problem?

nah, thats a rety good list
    no anger here

Question: Do you think a guy should pay for the date?

I feel like the awkwardness thing isn't really a trait as much as a situation. it goes away over time.

yeah just another bimbo who thinks she has an opinion. i find your post insulting and misandric

Number 1 is never controlled by the offender.
    Number 2 Isn't this the opposite of number 1 I'm confused.
    Number 3 I think everyone does this and if someone does it in a way that bothers you get their goat on something.. they deserve it.
    Number 4 Is a form of assault tell them so.
    Number 5 Gender roles, I generally agree. I say be pragmatic rather than dictatorial.

Yeah all of those behaviors are off-putting no matter who you are.

• What exactly do you want me to do about my social anxiety/awkwardness? I was born not being able to interact with others as well as most people, and I still can't. Does that automatically make me a creep or something? My social disorder? Gee, thanks.

• That is not what she is saying! I'm have General Anxiety Disorder, so I'm not much fun to be around, if you can't stand being told the truth at times, but honestly I was born a bitch so not much I can do about it. ._.

• Surprisingly, i agree with them all... they are turn ons to a certain extent...
    everything is good in moderation... the above mentioned things were just over the top.
    I keep 2, 3, and 5 for the homies... every guy knows that.

• More from Guys
    92

What Girls Said 75

I nvr left an opinion whoa! I saw this Q on a dude's question thing on his profile. Yeah... I agree, that confidence isn't real like I said in my old comments... confident guys are calm, and sexy, and even borderline indifferent sometimes. They don't need to overdo anything. Or they can be emotional, but only about personal issues! Not trying to prove anything. If he shows off, he's trying to impress, so that's not confident anyway. But I think show off guys are childish, and calm or even nerdy guys can be sexy... and I love big and tall guys by the way. I like skinny too, but I <3 big ones.

• good take!!! can't stand over confident and macho guys

• For the first one, depends on how awkward. I agree with the rest.

• I agree apart from the awkwardness one.

I still find that cute and am awkward myself so wouldn't be able to say much on that one anyway.

• Relatable myTake!

#2 is pretense, and I am with you for that. Not only it would put me off but also I would find myself harboring speculations whether he knows what he's blabbering or not.

• Oh! I agree on all of these!
    I mean awkwardness can be alright, if it's cute, more than just awkward and you can't go around it. But yeah, all of these - pretty spot on!

• i love awkwardness ♡

• Wow so true. There are a few well known guys here in gag who'd display all of those traits.

Throw in narcissism too because it's a mask for their emotional inadequacy.

• 7d

I love this take

Number 2... I haven't met and spoken to a lot of men in my life, but I have seen online (but not met) a guy who thought that he was superior, just because he was fit and was modeling. He who had just the same educational degree and in the same career as I, therefore was more superior, and Mr. Superior was single.

There's a scale with all of them. Awkwardness is fine, but when it gets to the point where you're unable to get to know them, then it makes things fizzle out. (Hey, I'm awkward, too... I recognize our faults.)

I completely agree. I think this just goes for people in general. I remember one time me and my friend were going to this game club at our highschool during lunch. My friend dropped the controller and all the nerds flipped out on her. We just got up and left right away hands in the air like "I'm out, I'm out!"

(~_~)

I agree with all of these maybe except for the first one. Other than that, it's fine and I don't see why anyone should be so butthurt over this.

I agree with #1 to some extent and #2 (especially this one) and #3.
    Being a rude judgmental asshole is the worst, ugliest trait of all. It can take a 10/10 to a -1/10 in 3 seconds flat.

To clarify
      #1 only works with certain guys
      #2 only works/is tolerable if you have the goods to match/merit your confidence AND if you're funny
      #3 if you're actually intelligent and humble about it.

In fact you like pussy

Number 1 omg yess!!! I will literally walk away mid sentence

Right? Lol

looking at them weird or not showing interest

• Haha "I want to be treated like your equal and respected like a woman." Choose one. Either you are equal, or you are a special class that deserves automatic and unearned respect. You don't get to have both.

• I agree with all of these !!

• More from Girls
    55