6 Reasons Why I'm Giving Up On These So-Called "Men" (For a While)

I'm not dumb enough to say I'm swearing off guys entirely. I'm sure I'll want to be with someone again at some point in my life. But for now, let's just say I'm sick and tired of the whole thing.

I see a lot of myTakes on here from guys who are bitching and whining about how women treat them (and in fact, all men), which has resulted in a whole lot of pro-MGTOW posts and "it's the woman's fault that she won't go out with me." What a steaming load of self-loathing, defeatist, pathetic bullshit.

THIS right here is one of the big reasons why I'm giving up on guys. Maybe when they start acting like real men again, I can give it another try. Anyway, let's start here-

6. I've learned how to be content by myself

There was a time when I couldn't do it at all. If I wasn't with a boyfriend, my girl friends, or family, I'd be a basket-case. I was one of those people who'd have the TV on during the day if I was home alone and I wasn't going to be seeing anyone that day. I'd call people just so say "hi" so I could hear someone else's voice. I had difficulty entertaining myself and felt anxious and depressed when I was alone.

But I'm past that. I've developed a few hobbies - yeah, more of you should try that - and I've found that having some "me time" is incredibly healthy and therapeutic. I now love my "me time."

5. I think guys might be even more narrow-minded than they were when I was younger...

Is that even possible? I mean, sure, there's the eternal stereotype that guys only care about one thing, but I never really started to believe it until this year. I just think men are so hell-bent on the sexual relationship and how a woman looks that they can't see anything else. I know guys - especially around here - accuse girls of being superficial and materialistic; i.e., they're "all about looks" but honestly, I'm seeing that in men more often. Their excuse for not wanting to date anybody who isn't drop-dead gorgeous is, "oh, I have a right to want what I want."

Yeah, well, so do I. And you guys are just getting dumber and even more obsessed with sex than you ever were before. I don't know how you managed it, but you did.

4. I'm not a FemiNazi or even a feminist so stop treating me as if I'm OPPRESSING you!

I'm especially tired of this crap. It's as if every guy today has their FemiNazi radar beeping like mad, and they're going to grill you about your allegiances before they agree to date you. The instant you say anything even remotely resembling independence or maturity (which aren't gender-specific, by the way), they're quick to fire off the labels and run away. I believe an age gap exists in certain scenarios and no, I don't believe a woman should be paid more, or should be given a job, just because she's a woman. I wouldn't vote for Clinton just because she's a woman.

Stop fucking pigeonholing me!

3. Sex isn't just about you, believe it or not

Yeah, I know, another stereotype: all men are selfish in bed. They're not, I know they're not. They just seem to be getting more selfish as time goes on and furthermore, they're starting to use sex as a relationship WMD. If you don't put out enough, you're ignoring him. If you have enough sex, he wonders if you're only doing it to appease him. He believes foreplay isn't really necessary after a certain amount of time together and frankly, he's "had a long day" so the sex should be about him. I've yet to meet a guy who was more worried about my pleasure than his own.

Selfish doesn't even begin to describe it. And really, guys...maybe take some lessons or something. The last few guys I was with were just terrible.

2. I find I hit goals faster and easier when single

Call it whatever you want but it's true. At least for me. If I set a personal or professional goal, I've found I'm far more likely to hit that goal, and more likely to hit it faster, if I'm not in a relationship. I used to think relationships would only enhance my drive and ambition and productivity and all that. But after enough experience, I've started to notice that it's backwards. Most of the time, the relationship crap just gets in the way and slows everything down. This tended to happen even in the good relationships and there never seemed to be a way around it.

A guy can support me and cheer me on, which I appreciate. But inevitably, my personal goals take a back seat at times. If I want to really get stuff done, it just helps if I'm alone.

1. Guys have just become man-babies

This is what I was leading up to in the intro. Seriously, many of the guys I've encountered recently have just been the biggest bunch of whining losers I've ever met. They whine about everything! They whine about how they can't get girls and when they do get girls, they whine about how much sex they have or just how the girl acts in general. They whine about girls putting too much emphasis on work and then whine when girls work less and expect the guy to pay more. They can find a way to whine about absolutely anything, I swear.

What happened to MEN? Where the hell did they go?! You know what, until they come back, I'm good on my own.

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 86

It's not just men bro

Most women seem to have to pick between bad boys, and genuinely nice guys who aren't very masculine (if at all).

The masculine, non-bad-boy guy is what most women REALLY want! ;-)

You're 31, in a couple years your vagina would be more dry than a barbie's vagina, so you better stop acting like those men you're complaining about.

Barbie's have vagina's? They must have changed since I was a 5 year old looking under the skirts of my sisters Barbies.

@lovemedammit Yeah, but acting like a little baby isn't gonna help her either.

@lovemedammit
      Yes, the sexual market value of women declines in proportion with their age.
      See:
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68OVHoZ8KaA

umm does this article PROVE that she is the problem? she won't lift a FINGER to solve her own issues... im going to use my favorite word here i reserve for my favorite people. someone get this cunt out of here. people like here are why this world is fucked up. she is oppressed and men are more narrow minded? i dont see her in a fucking kitchen bitch. where the hell is this oppression she speaks of. im sick of these dumb ass bitches who seem to think that gods green earth *not religious* was designed for them and that all the oceans shall part for their mostly ugly asses. we have to read these bull shit articles about body shaming because they are too dam lazy to go exercise, yet have to read all these articles about how men are getting lazy and should pick up the slack. so men MUST be in shape to find a mate, but women just need a hole and tits and good to go ship them to the glue factory... im not even going to finish this, my blood pressure went up just thinking about all the dumb bitches and their shopping lists/create a bear lists and other bull shit they pull. the world is designed for them and they still complain complain complain about how something is not fair. what isn't fair? i know life isn't fair... we dont have tits and can't flash them around and get away with everything but do u see us crying about it? holy fuck. im guessing some of these guys she talks about are chick "frames" 98 pounds when wet. look just like girls but lacking the parts. thats not a tranny joke thats a joke about them being little boys not grown ass men.

So it's half about you and half about the guys. Got it.

Am I the only one that thinks a person should be "in a good place" with themselves before dating?

What if you met like an amazing guy (by what you look for in a guy) Would you still date him or would you tell him you're not interested in a relationship at the moment?

Congratulations you played yourself, you're no better than a racist and what is a "real man"? by the way

I love how you include a point that "I'm not a FemiNazi" when the rest of this post is literally just you being a FemiNazi. "man-babies"? Seriously?

An epic Criagslist post must be repeated here.

"What happened to the Nice Guy? YOU did..."

www.craigslist.org/.../483318927.html

Another one paraphrased:

www.pointsincase.com/.../this-is-what-happened-to-nice-guys

Well, okay.

I imagine it goes bothways... its good to take a break when your world view is clouded over.
    Best to know what you do want and go for that, than go for trying to avoid what you dont want

31 and hitting the wall hard NICE!!!

God why men here acting rude and like asshole and babies the woman doesn't want a man now its not like she is the only woman on earth and u r screwed grow up people both gender and let people whine and cry a little its human nature for gods sake

This is what every girl says before she has a drunken lesbian experience.

The best time to step away is when you recognize you've made a mistake somewhere and need to change, because then you comeback better. An improved you that can be more successful in love and life. By pointing to something outside of yourself to blame your problems on, only shackles you. Because you keep repeating the same mistakes with new people over and over. Because "they're the problem", you're not doing anything wrong. You're "perfect".

If you never reach the point of realizing you need to change, then no matter what guys you meet down the road. They will always be the source of your problems. Why? Because you made it so.

Congratulations these are good reasons for a person like you to stay single forever. Not all men are like this but if that's what you believe then stay single forever. No one cares.

"Guys have just become man-babies" so apparently women can complain and whine but men can't? You have practically COMPLAINED and WHINED about men throughout this whole myTake... Women who think like that actually deserve to stay single forever. Double stands, shesh...

"I'm not a FemiNazi or even a feminist so stop treating me as if I'm OPPRESSING you!" Who of the right mind thinks that feminists oppress men? A person who thinks that is ignorant and is not a good person to begin with because they basically don't know what feminism is suppose to be about.

"I think guys might be even more narrow-minded than they were when I was younger..." more women than men are more narrow minded. What the hell are you talking about?

Whatever say single. You are basically right, no one deserves you. You make it sound like it brings you more success in life and you're happy that way which is good.

I like to whine when I run out of beer but I'm too drunk to get more.

actually the real way of asking this is.
    "where are all the REAL WOMEN?''
    it seems your all dumb bitches who dont have compassion and dont see how cruel you dumb fucks are.
    so go ahead stay single no one will ever love you. anyways.

This is the most ironic mytake on this website I've ever seen. Everything you complained about with men, women do a hundred times worse. you're obviously bitter and lonely since you are whining so much, modern western women are the most entitled, spoiled, irresponsible and pathetic bunch of babies in human history. So its no wonder you can't find any man, because most of us are just interested in banging you without commitment. Until you all start acting like grown ups again most men are not going to be interested in dating you seriously and you can completely forget about marriage.

What happened to MEN? Where did they all go? Well, we're right here. There are just less of us MEN around, that's because society doesn't want MEN to have a place in their communities, so then you're left with the guys that you are complaining about. This isn't the fault of women, this isn't the fault of men, it was the fault of some women and some men, which in time has slowly become the majority. There's a lot of guys out there that I just shake my head and think "what the fuck?" But to be fair, it is just one of those situations where you get what you pay for.

• More from Guys
    66

What Girls Said 20

I've noticed a lot of this too!! But... you can just tell him what you want and need... like if he's a baby, show him how not to be. At least in bed lol

Srsly, you can just show people how to get what you want from them, both in and out of bed.

HAHAHAHA Good Lawd! If I could crown you the queen of mytakes for the month JUST FOR THIS, (and I had that say) I definitely would!

Can't agree more on every syllable in here... Unconsciously, I've done the same. For now.

66.media.tumblr.com/.../...dhPEzn1t3cwato2_500.gif

• 19h

good topic

No one cares. Im still gonna date men because i love having a man by my side. What is up with all these. Takes about how people are shunning the opposite gender? Like no one cares, go ahead and be lonely that's your own fault

Lmao I agree! But I won't give up men at all. The man babies is very true. They're either gay or complaining why they're still single. Look at the way you dress, act, present yourself to others.

wow by the responses of guys, it looks like they don't like when its switched on them. its damning how inconsiderate they are when they make the same mytakes on us; making shit about why they don't like marriage and how women changes, bitching about how their "going their own way", we have to sit there and read the shit and are expected to understand when their talking bad about us. then they shut us down when we try and tell them all our perspectives, they tell us we're wrong afterward. they should eat this shit up just like we have to without it coming back up their fucking whining ass windpipes!

I agree. Yes there are women who also do this, but there is a lot more men that complain about a lot smaller things then women complain about. I do think there is a higher percentage of women hating men on this site then men hating women.

Men are selfish in bed.

I have to agree with #2. I have my ambitions and I don't want to get distracted. The wrong kinds of men will try to sabotage whatever you want to do if it doesn't revolve around them:(

I can already see you in 4 years. You'll be whining "where have all the good men gone?".

I see that a lot in both my professional and personal life.

Good take. I hope men actually read and think instead of writing some of the labels they love to toss around. if their feelings get hurt suddenly we're feminazi's 😞

THANK YOU!!! PREACH!!! Real men have just all gone. The most fucking annoying thing that they do, at least with me, is when they assume I hate them all of a sudden. They have the need to "assume" things so much. And then whine about why I won't talk to them anymore. Have a good guess, no it's not because you like a different ice cream flavor than me. Like whaaaat? There doesn't always have to be something wrong, sometimes people just don't connect! Why you gotta blame me for everything? Grow up, it's 2016!

https://youtu.be/VQDwhAK95ds
    Im with you there sister. Where are the real men.

Part of the problem is that both women and men are downloading and listening to crap music with a terrible like this sick video so clearly exemplifies. Garbage in and garbage out!

I rather enjoyed that video.
      It reminded me of some women whom I have known, who were narcissistic bitches because they were young and beautiful, so they had never experienced the consequences of poor behaviour.
      Seldom are such women called out about their behaviour, so in their world that type of behaviour (by them) becomes normal.
      What I enjoyed and still enjoy when I see it, is when one of those women hits the wall. Fairly quickly, the free drinks, free meals, fawning behaviour by thirsty men and tolerance of obnoxious behaviour by the female ends.
      The tolerance of that sort of behaviour tends to be proportional to a woman's sexual market value, which falls off a cliff by age 35.
      One day they wake up and discover that they are being treated just as everyone else is. They see this as monstrously unjust and begin to become even more hateful toward men in general, because men are no longer worshipping them.
      My level of schadenfreude is near orgasmic.

It's bad music...

Like seriously what is even up with people? Life is not that hard, being in a healthy happy loving relationship isn't either. Where do you even meet these guys? Because I've never seen these types of people anywhere else other than gag. I feel like it's a self fulfilling prophecy, you go into the world with a certain mindset about others and subconsciously work your way into meeting them just prove your bias is right. Nobody in my life acts lie that, and men have been some of the most amazing, intelligent, and truest of friends I've ever encountered. People are just weird, I'd rather live a life full of love then turning bitter and hating people. The generalizations people use to describe all or most men or women, is the same thing racists do when discussing people they hate. They all are just so, so very stupid.

Thank you... While I agree with her on SOME men blaming everyone else... Isn't she doing the same?

@SmokemJay She is yeah. Within the first paragraph she contradicted herself. I don't really see her as being much different than the MGTOW guys.

I agree. She's obviously doing something wrong like those MGTOW fags and instead of addressing it she's just turning in a WGTOW... just saying lol...

I think it's great to take some time for yourself.

Lmfao these men on G@G are a bunch of whiny babies.

It really seems so. Well, she is in fact right then.

Bit like her and most women.

Lol at all the mad men

You haven't given up on men, you've given up on boys. From the above it seems as though you haven't had the pleasure of dating a man to be honest.

Men on GAG are appearantly the most emotional whiners out there lol, if men are like that in real life then we should all go homo!! 😃

Where are the men? There are none. And no, I'm not joking. Feminism won. I'm not saying that's bad or good, I'm just saying it happened. Can't expect guys to be the men of yesteryear when women explicitly sought to destroy the men of yesteryear.

Frankly, you're looking for something that was intentions dismantled a long time ago. That's why you aren't going to find men. There aren't any to be found.

Sad and weird really. But not everyone has changed to fit the new ideals, hard to find im sure, but still there.

Well there are some left they just tend to be really masculine and try to put other guys down. You know the type, can't Finnish a sentense before saying you know and wear clothes way to big.

Very well said. I couldn't agree more...

Clearly the men of GaG are hurt by your words. :p

Anyways- taking a break sounds like a good idea.