Is it shallow for me to only want to date uncircumcised men?

I know most guys aren't intact in the U.S. but I have a preference. Would it be appropriate for me to ask that question if I was interested in him?

Most Helpful Guy

• its fines, its just a preference. However, i wonder how you go finding that out? Do you just ask the guy straight out? that would be a very odd question lol.

What Guys Said 18

• I know this isn't much of answer but it is SO god damn refreshing to know that some girls actually prefer an uncircumcised penis. It's always been my dream to find a girl who has a thing for foreskin. I'm sure you're going to make one lucky guy very happy.

• As an intact guy myself i still think that it is very shallow. It is plain body shaming.Genitals aren't supposed to look good

• this includes female genitals too

• I'm more concerned with the feel rather than the look. T-T

• As long as it is not a dealbreaker i can forgive a preference like yours

• Just as appropriate as a guy you have not gone out with asking you if you are an innie or outie, or if your clit is visible or completely hidden by the hood.

• if that is your preference then thats your preference. nothing you can do about it. the last girl i dated wanted only cut men and that was one of the reasons why we broke up.

• No, it will turn away the men who are pious. It defines that you desire a man who has no respect or ties to tradition and all the benifits that come with it.

• You sir are wrong. Having a foreskin or not does not give someone or take away one's respect. And everyone has traditions. Be it circumcision to sweet 16 birthday parties.

• Since Jewish boys are typically circumcised a few days after birth, I don't believe having their foreskin cut off says ANYTHING about their mindset 20, 30 years after they've had it done.

• no, I don't think so, but really how are you going to know? and if you are together for a long time before having sex and you like him, would you leave him?

I am not circumcised, and I think that a lot of people are giving up doing it to their kids, and I think that only the very religious ones are still doing it. my dad says that's how you are born, that's how you should stay. my dad is circumcised because it was popular or regular practice back then.

• No. Go for it.

• It's fine.

Why the preference?

• I'm against the forceful circumcision and the belief that the foreskin is 'useless' and 'unclean'. It's natural and it feels better. Intact men need less friction because the foreskin protects and lubricates the glans so sex is gentler. I've been with some cut men and they were rough and I know now that is because their foreskin was removed.

• you cannot deny thousands years of evolution - yeah you can wisdom teeth suck a lot of people have to get them removed. Just one example I can think of in my tired state of mind.

• I think one's teeth depends on one's genetics. But wisdom teeth were meant to replace molars that were worn down.

• Seems silly and yeah, it's shallow. However, there's nothing wrong with you wanting that though.
    I was thinking that it would inappropriate to ask because it would be for a guy to ask about a girl's vagina before being serious about her. Then I realized that girls could get away with such things.

• Well ain't I glad I'm not Jewish.

• Its your preference, just so ya know, you given up all this cuz i got the ✂️ And im happy i did

• Circumcised guys are less vulnerable to contracting STD's, you know.

• Don't know if that is true, but if it is, it also means they are less likely to pass on STDs.

• The only exception is if the guy was just recently circumcised, then there's an effect of also more likely to pass on diseases. But yeah, it's true. The cells in the foreskin are especially vulnerable to STD infection.

So it might be more natural/fun to bang uncircumcised guys, but cut guys are safer.

• No, it's just a sexual preference, the same as only dating certain height men.

• Whats so special about it? I am uncircumcised.

• Feels better and I think circumcision is against nature.

• I guess the foreskin thrusting against the walls of the vagina feels good. Was not aware..feelsgood2know (:

• Aha no its not

• It's easier to give uncircumcised men herpes. Our skin makes a wonderful home for sores.

• thats pretty shallow for something so petty.

• Circumcision is what is petty.

• Nope.

I think it's worse that women expect us to have our bodies Mutilated. Then get up in arms and march when the same things happen to women in other countries.

Men have been mutilated for over 2000 years. And it's accepted. Just like Men dying in war and having violent acts against them in movies is more accepted than it is to women.

What Girls Said 4

• Yes, it does sound shallow. But whatever floats your boat.

However, most people would find it inappropriate to ask that question to someone you don't know well.

• Yes and no but it's just a preference same as preferring one color hair over the rest. It would be shallow if you found your dream guy and wouldn't date him over it, like finding your dream guy and not dating him because he has blonde hair and you like brunette.
    Besides just because they aren't cut doesn't mean you'll enjoy sex with them. A lot of things factor in when dating around. You can have preferences, everyone does, but don't stick so hard to ones that are just superficial and miss out on someone great. I never dated any Latino guys, I could see they were cute and nice, but I just never did, then my boyfriend asked me out and I just couldn't say no. So you never know, a guy might just change your mind :P

• No, it is just your preference

• No.. I mean both are fine though..