• Ask
  • myTake

Long term boyfriend wants to see other women...Need Advice!!

I've gotten a lot of feed back from girl friends, and although I would love some female feed back, I would really appreciate the feed back of... Show More

We broke it off; thanks for all the advice. This needed to happen.

Most Helpful Opinion

• I have to give him credit for being honest about it, but, ultimately, no one can stand the thought of their significant other wanting to be with other men or women. Personally, I'd have to back out or go insane. It's just not healthy. Love always protects, and this does nothing to protect you, and, in fact, seems to do the opposite. I'd tell him that you love him (if you do, and it sounds like it) and have no desire to be with other men, and can't believe he truly loves you if he doesn't feel the same. Tell him to do as he wished, but that you're not going to wait around for him to play the field. It's either a committed relationship, or it's not. Just my opinion.

• Thank you, I appreciate you taking the time to give me a thoughtful answer; it was very helpful.

What Guys Said 4

• if your the type of woman who has EVER left him home alone, to have a "ladies only night" with your fellow girlfriends, making him think that you are enjoyin being hit on by guys at bars ect.then you got no ground to stand on!

• No, I am not that type of woman. I do not go to bars, put my self in situations where I puposely try to garner un wanted attention, and never treated my other with disrespect or callousness. I love my boyfriend with all that I am and I treat him with the same respect I would want to be treated with.

• Firstly I think this is selfish bullsh*t on his part. How can he feel "robbed" of his dating experience, its not like there is a quota that people need before they can settle down. The fact of the matter is he isn't getting what he wants from you, which is typical in long distance relationships. You don't go from being in a serious relationship to being in an open relationship.His logic is ridiculous, if he wants to see other women, then he shouldn't be with you at all. You should do yourself a favor and break up with him because he's just taking advantage of you.My first love did the same thing, and I did the BS open relationship thing for a while. It will tear you up inside more than any break up, SO DONT DO IT!

• Thanks a lot for taking the time to give me another opinion. The more people I hear from the better prepared I am to make a decision and I really appreciate your honesty.

• I would calmly and rationally take it as an official breakup. Move on and have as much fun as possible. Stop obsessing. Your only hope is turning the tables. Yes, you are being played.

• Thanks for the honesty, I really appreciate it.

What Girls Said 0

Be the first girl to share an opinion and earn 1 extra Xper Point!