Will a Guy give a Girl a Second chance?

So to make this story short met this guy we both knew we felt the same way. Went on our second date he ask me where I wanted this relationship to go. Since I did not want to rush things I said I would like to start as friends so we could get to know Eachother better. Now we don't talk at all. I know I should have not said friends I regret that do you guys think he could have feelings for me again? I really want a fresh start.

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Guy

• You need to make it clear to him that you want to get to know him, and that you are open to/intending for it to be a romantic relationship if everything goes well.

He lost interest because he figured you were friendzoning him. Since that's not what you meant, tell him and he might well come back!

• Should I tell him or should I give him time?

• well in my mind shouldn't he talk to me if he's interested?

• You can sit back and sit back and never hear from him again, then. He was interested. You told him you only wanted friends, and since he wanted more he decided to drop of the radar because his feelings were hurt. He's not interested in 'just friends'. He might still be interested in 'relationship' but he doesn't know that's what you wanted because you haven't told him!

What Guys Said 11

• Be direct.

Just approach him and say that you want a relationship with him and that you only wanted to start as friends so that you could get to know each other better, and that you now regret that you said that. Ask him if he wants a relationship with you now.

• That's what happened when a guy becomes impatient but as a general rule dating is about having fun, hooking up ended up in bed together and not thinking of whether being exclusive until the girl is comfortable to speak it out that she wants to be exclusive.

• I'd like to say you didn't do anything wrong here. So, there is no second chance to be given to you. Did you ask what he thought about the direction of the relationship? Maybe he didn't want a romantic relationship at all if you know what I mean. And when you said friends, he thought best to move along since that wasn't what you were interested in.

• He was the one to ask that question on our second date. We both said something serious we wanted something serious. But I said we should be good friends first to get to know Eachother better I dos have a huge attraction to him but I said friends first Cuz I did not want to rush things.

• Ok, so maybe re-express what you are thinking. Something like : Hey, I am interested in having a relationship, and I am interested in you. I just don't want to jump straight into it. I'd like to go on some dates with you, and get to know you first. Is that something you would be ok with?

• and second and third and fourth...

• hmm.. I am tempted to say; if he won't talk to you now coz you said friends, then he was never interested anyway.
    Usually, if a guy likes a girl, he will talk to her.. even if he wants more but knows its only friendship - coz he genuinely likes her. My guess is he was only after one thing, and now he thinks that's not happening, there is no reason left to talk!

• Honestly, I would not give a girl a second chance, but depending on how attached and how forgiving the person is, it could go either way.

• Why wouldn't you I sid lets be friends first so we could get to know Eachother a little better take things slow but I did tell him I had started to develope feelings for him. The only reason a said friends first was because I did not want to go to fast.

• Once a guy feels he is friendzoned, that's almost impossibleto recover from
    Too bad, you probably won't get a second chance

• But I like him.

• You told him you want to be friends (unintentionally)
      But that was enough for him to know he is friend-zoned
      It will be extremely hard to recover from that
      Even if he did give you a second chance, things won't be the way it was

• Since you didn't do anything evil, by all means try again.

• It all depends who she is and what she did, when my ex dumped me and wanted me back days later, I rejected her. In my opinion, once a relationship has ended, it is "dead" meaning forever, find a new man, you deserve a fresh start

• I would, as long as you didn't try to put me in the friendzone again haha

• I voted yes. But as you can see by my pic I have a better chance winning the lottery. before I get a date/GF.

What Girls Said 2

• Yes maybe he is just waiting for you to tell him that you like him that way too

• I've told him that day that I did feel for him something but that I just wanted to start as friends because I did not want to go to fast /: but I guess he just thought I did not like him that way. Because he told me he believes when two people meet and they are Ment to be they will feel the same way at first and you don't have to pass time in order to fall in love. I wish I could go back in time and never have said that about being friends /: what should I do?

• talk to him and ask him if he feels the same way, if you know that he does not not, then just leave it.

• I feel like he does but since he's a really insecure guy low self esteem he wants to hide his feelings /:

• Honestly, I think the only reason why a guy wouldn't give a girl a second chance would be because they either A) absolutely shattered his heart or B) are just crazy

• Well what should I do in this case?