Is texting first considered chasing?

If a girl starts texting conversations with a guy, is that the same as chasing them instead of letting them initiate things?

Most Helpful Guy

• did you just meet? when I exchange numbers with someone for the first time I avoid texting first because I'm afraid of seeming creepy. so I wait for her to text first. I'm not sure if that's how it is for other guys though.

if you're talking about the first text of the day after knowing each other for a while and you're always the one initiating, I would stop. not just because it can seem like you're chasing but also because it's shitty that he never takes the time to text first. if he likes you he should be texting first at least sometimes

• No, we met over a month ago. I usually take forever to reply to texts, like a day or 3, so could that be a reason he wouldn't text as much?

What Guys Said 3

• really depends on the person. when I was a dumb ass I believed all of that 3 days rule and text first makes you loo clingy bullshit but now I just do what I want, im still young and dumb by the way :D

• nops its called ice breaking

• If you show no interest, why should he spend time pursuing you? If you want to text, text him. Don't over-think it. Don't worry about "chasing." If you text him 20 times, yeah you're chasing. Getting a conversation started is not.

• Fair enough, but shouldn't he get the point that I'm interested if I text him first? Why keep texting if he hardly starts the conversation?

• If you've already texted him a few times and he isn't responding, sadly, he just may not be interested. Send him a "the ball's in your court" type text (keep it friendly and polite) and see what happens. If he doesn't respond or takes his time about it, you have your answer.

• Thinking of trying that. He'll respond and we have a conversation, but then it dies.

What Girls Said 2

• In today's society.. yes. I don't agree with it, life's too short to play these petty dating game rules. Do what you want, if that's texting first.. shoot!

• Yeah I would say so, especially if it is always the girl initiating the conversation and never the boy.

• What are some ways to show I'm interested in getting to know him?

• Yeah... maybe I shouldn't talk to him again.

• Definitely wait for him to reach out to you