Do you think attractive people get approached less?

I heard somewhere that people who are really attractive (I mean smoking hot, not average) get approached/hit on less, because people find them too intimidating. Would you guys agree or disagree with this?

Most Helpful Guy

• well its a bit of a bell curve. and its not that they don't get approached they just don't get approached nonchalantly. people are either super nervous or total dicks about it.

it works that way for both genders too for years i didn't realize that some women were actually bitches to me cause they got intimidated... until i actually bothered to get to know a few of them

if you think you're too hot to get approached make yourself uglier and if that doesn't help you're probably on the ugly end and you need to make yourself hotter

What Guys Said 20

• Personally, (not to sound cocky or anything, but the opinion of many girls of whom I asked before and my girlfriend) many rated me a 9 out of 10. And yes it is true that not many girls would approach me because they label me as a flirt, player, or a womanizer. Which everything is a lie. People judge, but don't know anything lol. I mean I've been loyal to my girlfriend for 3 years now and plan to marry anytime soon.

In terms of approaching a girl, well my girlfriend gets hit on by many guys and a lot of those guys really wanted to get with her because of beauty. So I mean I approached her and we just connected easily after the icebreaker.

First person point of view: unapproachable
    Third person point of view: approachable to anyone

In my own personal experience

• In many cases yes, because now we live in a society that puts measurements and rankings for people , so if you are a 9 or 10 , mostly men who are below 8 won't even try unless they're very brave. if you wanna get more approaches try to be more natural , less make up , less fancy cloths , less diva looking i guess that will work , and good luck !

• I disagree. Hot people get approached a lot. The answers you have received point to it. I know more single and non dating ugly folk than hot people

• I do believe it's true. Many guys will think that the girl is already taken, she's too attractive for them, or they're stuck up.
    I've heard many gorgeous women say they never get approached and it makes them feel insecure, believing that they aren't good enough.

• I feel the same way about attractive guys but then again I am ugly.

• awe that sucks... when I was younger I ask a guy if he want to go on a date with me and well he laugh at me so... that sucks bc I really found him attractive lol

• @apple24 that was rude of him, but well he was still a kid, at that age egos are too big. Now most men will really appreciate that.

• yes basically this happens because mamny people tend to be intimidated by attractive people ;-)

• I'm sure it happens. people might assume they are unatinable for many reasons so they don't have people approaching them.

• Well it depends... It depends on her sex appeal

A high sex appeal will make guys just want to approach her big time... if she's really hot but seems too hot the point that you know your going to get rejected, like you just know you can its written all over her face... then yea maybe a little less

• I think they get more stares, but they aren't necessarily hit on more

• Yes cause we think they are already taken and that we might not be good looking enough for them.

• One word: very true 😝

• Somehow I don't think so but that's from personal experience. I was at one point considered attractive but lost confidence years ago, so the fact no woman seems interested in me is because of my lack of confidence instead of appearance.

• yeah because people don't have teh cojones to go up to them

• The more I think about it, I'm not actually surprised. Which actually makes me feel bad for them. Because if I knew they weren't being approached, then I would approach them.

• I guess it depends. Back in the days I found that intimidating due to ignorance. Today I approach smoking hot girls like very easy after getting more experience. And is like normal to me. Usually they take it easy when I am lifting them. I am hot too according to what they have told me. Turn them on a lot. Girls usually become nervous when I am close. But I notice and if I am in shooting mode actually that gives me a lot of advantage and more than me they are the ones that find me intimidating.

• I think this could be the case, I think a lot of people might think: "Even if I approach him/her this person will reject me because I am not attractive enough."

• less no, but less than people think definitely

• yes I have seen this

• it really depends... because beauty is subjective

• Sike. If I see something I like I go for it.

• I doubt it. I think this is something people say to make themselves feel better.

What Girls Said 17

• My mum always told me this, haha. She'd say I was beautiful and she sees guys checking me out all the time and I would always say, "well no guys are approaching me or asking me out so they can't think I'm that pretty!" and she'd say, "it's because they think they'd have no chance, they're intimidated by you, they think they're not good enough to try anything with you". I laughed it off but it does make sense come to think of it.

If I have a crush on a hot guy, I feel like I'd be bothering him by talking to him, that he has better things to do than talk to me and basically think he'd not want anything to do with me so it's possible.

• I don't believe this at all. I think its only the case if the smoking hot person never socializes or leaves their house. other than that, in most cases, if you are really that attractive you would be getting approached and hit on.

• I know it's true. Several men have told me that when they see an attractive girl, they are scared to approach her. Usually they think they aren't good enough for her...

• Yes...
    Yes..
    Yes.

But, it depends on what kind of a vibe you send out there - into the universe...
    Usually, people think that hot and beautiful people are stuck up and probably mean - which is NOT true (no more than for anyone else that is).

• I disagree.

I know a beautiful chick and i swear every man she sees flurts with her and hits on her. Its ridiculous.

• I think that's true. I get a lot of stares but they don't usually come up to me to talk etc. Only when they are in groups that i usually get "compliments" such as sexy or hottie. I appreciate guys who are confident enough to make the first move. And i must tell you, i've had crushes on guys who are perceived as "not" attractive most of the times. It must be strange but yes, i'm attracted to intelligent, funny guys who also have a good heart.

• You should rephrase and say the most beautiful looking people.

No.. I still think they get more attention than someone who doesn't get any attention because they're not beautiful.

• Of course, hot people cause a medical condition called staridiostammerous... meaning. Uncontrollable staring, idiotic small talk, and stammering. I once saw a smoking guy at the grocery. I stumbled over the greeting, I put my pin number in wrong 3 times and droped my bag on the way out. Even If i were single I would have NEVER tried to hit on him.

• i dont really get hit on BUT i get the stares! i just carry myself very prestigious and when guys see that you're not a easy target or look intimidating they keep looking around for something easier. See it happen a lot in nightlife! xo

• Beauty is subjective

• yes, i think usually it is like that

• i often think this but then it could be the club type of people that day that the person gets less or more

• yes I think so

• I think it's easier for attractive guys to get dates because their probably approaching more, but that's the difference for women, I think they get approached less. Some guys see beautiful girls in a negative light without even knowing them like, she's stuck up, a gold-digger, or high maintenance. Then some probably think you're already taken & the rest just allow their fear of rejection (intimidation) to hold them back.

These are living testaments guys have told me about myself at some point in my life.

• Attractive people get noticed more than the average person and you have to know how to socialize also. If a guy notices you and your behaviour is off, the guy will make a 360 degree turn.

• this just like solved the question to my problem...
    gracias dear.
    people always say I'm in the top three from girls, and that all the guys would do me if they had the chance, but even with being student council president, AAND BEING a virgin,
    oh well nevermind...

• I've heard this before as well and I do believe it is true.