Guy keeps saying he is a bad person, but is nice to me? Is he hinting I should leave him sooner than later?

I am completely baffled by this guy. He IS super sweet to me. He is very very nice. I don't really see him being outwardly rude to other people, but I'm sure he could be. He plays hockey... and they fight in hockey... I don't know what that says about him haha. He is just really hard to figure out! Yesterday he said he likes me so he'll always be nice and sweet to me, but not to others. I was really horrified at the comment and it kind of killed the afternoon. Is that really true? Is that really how it is going to be? Was he kidding?

He works in finance. He makes a lot of money. I guess he loves making money. I'm not exactly sure why yet, he just does? He likes all of that power etc.

I just find him entirely confusing. He always opens the door for me... but then he'll make these comments like oh well I just really don't like people walking behind me... I don't think he's being serious, but I seriously can't tell!

An uber driver took us home last night after dinner. I asked the uber guy and he was like well he seems like a nice and normal guy.

I think I am feeling a bit jaded about the weird comments he makes... like loving money, never wanting to do any good in the world, saying he'll only be nice to me, but no one else. He even said he wants to find a girl so they can be on their own little island together. He didn't want to put his sunglasses on the table because that was for "plebians."

He is super chill otherwise! I just don't get it. He talks like he can be such a shallow jerk, but never acts like one.

Most Helpful Guy

• seems like he's giving you all the obvious clues of what he will actually be like if you two went more serious and stepped past the casual boundaries.

• yeah, maybe? I mean, if that's the case I'll just leave him.

• wow that's kind of hmm.. whats the word.. I guess scary? he will beat up someone for you if given the word ehh lol. he wants you to help him feel more masculine, or at least give him opportunities to express his masculinity? hmm..

• yeah, super weird right?

Most Helpful Girl

• You seem to like the mystery of this guy which can hurt you in the long run. A lot of people wonder who they are dealing with and you have a guy that is basically telling you is a bad guy what more could you want. Even if he is nice you do you honestly think you can be with someone that treats everyone else like shit?

• I didn't know he did that until he told me yesterday. It pretty much killed the day.

• That's bad you don't let someone cause you to lose sleep meanwhile he is probably sleeping like a baby. Try not to think about it think about something else.

• well I basically think I'm dating a crazy person now, ha.

What Guys Said 4

• Yes you should! He looks like a possessive and controlling douchbag...
    He might be doing bad things like robbery or killing people for money...
    So you batter be careful... he, might be good around you but that doesn't mean he would be the same when you are not around

• True. I have no idea what he is like when I am not around.

• He reminds me of American psycho. How does he treat service staff at restaurants if they does something wrong? is he nice or mean? I have always been told that's a way to judge people

• Never seen that? I'm not sure I've ever seen anything go wrong... not yet.

• Is he like that?

• Not entirely. I don't know. I never see him around people, but when I do he's always nice. We saw a concert Friday night and he was super excited to talk to the artist about how much he liked them. He's only rude to people when they seemingly upset me.

• Sounds like a borderline sociopath. Not necessarily a bad thing but always a scary one.

On the other hand he could just be a guy trying to convince himself he's a sociopath because he thinks he needs to be one to succeed because life scares him. Or he could be trying to convince you because he knows some women really go for the whole doberman-guy thing, someone who is fierce and dangerous but devoted to them.

• Yeah, I've considered all of these things. I really don't know. He is very hard to read. He works in finance... maybe that's a necessary mindset to succeed?

• It's easy to dupe a girl those first interactions.

• we've been on like 5 dates now though.

What Girls Said 5

• If he's telling you he's a bad person believe him he probably is... good people don't say that... it sounds like you like him though so just keep your eyes open and don't let him get the bets of you

• I guess I was just shocked by his statement because he has been so nice to me. I laughed b/c I thought he was kidding, but he said he wasn't. It was so weird

• Dump him

.

• when a guy tells you something negative about himself, you should listen. He's not trying to play games, he's just stating facts. Now the question is, can you accept him for who he is? someone who sounds selfish and materialistic and egotistic? It seems like he's very infatuated with you but who knows how long that will last with guys like that. Basically, believe what he is saying and decide if you are good with it.

• I think just asking this question if hint enough of how I think I feel...

• It's like when a female says she is a little crazy... Listen !!!

• yes be careful and decide early on... if you let your feelings develop, I think he'll act more like what he describe once the honeymoon period is over

• You asked this earlier.

• yeah you should.

• so what do I do? just end it?