What age do men want to settle down?

Okay, so every girl dreams of growing up, getting married, having a family and living happily ever after. Personally, I have dated guys from 19-26 because I figured they would be ready to settle down by the time I was finished with school/college. However, that has not been the case. We live and learn. Okay, so about what age are most men ready to settle down and start a family? I know that it really depends on where a guy is within his life, but what is the average age for when a man is actually ready to settle down with ONE woman and start a family? Just a question that I am I little curious about. Thanks in advance for your imput!

Just realized that I had a typo in the question!

*This IS a question for the guys. (Sorry, I always correct myself whenever I am grammatically wrong.

Most Helpful Guy

• If the guy finds the right girl he can see himself with for years to come, then he is probably ready to settle down. I was ready to settle down at the age of 28, but I asked my girlfriend to marry me at the age of 30, I have no idea why I postponed it for so long, maybe it was fear for the married life.

I'm with a great woman and married life is great, when your with such a good person and what makes it even better is when you get to hold your daughter for the first time, now that is really really love.

• Ah, what can I say. I'm pretty jealous haha. I can't wait to be a mommy and a wife. And I know not to rush things because they really will not work out then.

• It takes a lot of work in a marriage, because you now have to think about your beloved ones first. If you find the guy that always puts your needs first instead of his, then you've found the person to settle with. Hope you the best

• Well thank you so very much. Yeah, most guys don't put a woman's needs before theirs. I always go out of my way to see that my partner is happy. I guess it is just a matter of finding someone who gives the same in return.

What Guys Said 8

• If no guy you've been with has any desire to settle down with one woman, then it's not about a "when", it's all about what guys you're going for. Chances are you're actively avoiding the types of guys who would like to settle down.

• Well, no not exactly. If it were not for my past relationship, I would have to agree with you. I met my ex-boyfriend on eharmony. Everything was great until he didn't really support my dreams of singing. I just kind of gave up right then because that is important to me. There was a lot more that went wrong, too. But that is another story. He was 24 and was ready to find that "one." I'm not her though. I was just asking out of curiousity though.

• sounds like he's just kinda crazy... best to break it off

• Trust me, I am trying. It's a little hard when really care about someone. It sounds greedy of me, it's like I want him but I don't. We were fussing the day of my graduation, and he missed me giving this big speech. I really needed him there, but he never showed up. I think that is what is really keeping me away. Well that and the fact that is unsupportive of my future.

• i know guys that want to do it at 20 I know guys that want to do it at 30. and now because people are living longer and healthier and times are changing, there are guys who are 40 and are still living like they are in college so it all depends on the guy. I had friends in hs that all they wanted to do was graduate, marry their hs sweetheart and have a family. others are out there will never settle down no matter what.

• It seems the average for both men and women is mid-late 20s to early 30s. You would be hard-pressed to find someone who is legitimately ready for marriage before age 20.

• Haha, yeah I'm not even friends with people that age. I'm more in the 24-28 age limit now. I guess that every time a birthday comes around, I just happen to go up an age on the limit. ;)

• How do you go about meeting guys and how long do you date them before deciding that they aren't "the one?"

• I met a couple through friends, others just when I was out and about, and then the last one I met on eharmony. I didn't expect to actually meet someone nearby, but he lived like 15 min away, so I figured it was worth a shot. And I date them until I find out that they just aren't the one. Most lie up front about certain issues which becomes a problem in the long run.

• Maybe you're just too picky/not willing to compromise enough in relationships.

• Maybe you're right. Maybe I should change that. The guy I met on eharmony is attempting to talk to me again, so I am considering it. He's the husband type that I want. He is a successful business man, would make a great husband and father if we could avoid arguing so much this go around, he's handsome.. etc. Maybe you're right though.

• I'm 21 and I'm ready to settle down. ha ha I'd say a lot of guys are 25 and up. Some being closer to 30.

• Maturity is not set at a certain age limit wipe that idea from your mind

• I was told to settle down very early

I was around 2 or 3 when people started yelling at me to settle down

and get down off there

and quit eating those magazines

mmm settled

down

O do you mean in relationships?

• Sounds like your problem isn't finding guys that want to settle down, but rather finding guys that want to settle down that you're willing to settle down with. In which case, either keep looking or lower your standards.

What Girls Said 2

• I'm not sure age is something you can control so I guess the age I am when I find the right man and he doesn't care about my age.

And he really and truly cares and wants the same thing(s) I do. Or at least be committed to me despite problems/hardships that life has to throw at you ...darn life! Lol! :)

Like he won't be easily tempted and he'll stick to his VOWs of marriage. That's what is nice about marriage. It's a true commitment, sort of like unconditional but sad that it's sometimes not the case anymore... that's why marriage is so hard but maybe worth it? Lol, Idk, all I know is he gotta really care for my well being too and all that jazz.

...right?! idk!

• 32-35. And then only with someone who is 10+ years younger.

• Yep, and that is pretty sad. I sure wish they matured before they hit their thirties, lol!

• That's a weird maturity gap to have. Just starting college vs being done for 5-8 years.