Should I be mad if my boyfriend goes to a strip club?

Should I be mad if my boyfriend goes to a strip club? Is it wrong If I tell him in the future I don't want him to go?

Most Helpful Guy

• While it is true that he has a right to go to a strip club, you also have a right to let him know that it bothers you, and ask him to please respect your feelings about it. As long as you are not hypocritical about it by doing things that you know bothers him, and you don't try to punish him for going before you let him know that it bothers you, then you shouldn't have any problems talking to him about it.

It is unlikely that your boyfriends wants to hurt you. He needs to know how you feel, so that he can avoid hurting you in the future. Also don't make it sound like you are forbidding him from going, because no one wants to be told what they are allowed to do. He needs to chose not to go on his own, you can't try to force that on him. If he decides to keep going, then you will need to figure out, if that is something you can live with.

What Guys Said 5

• If you don't want him to go and he goes anyway, yes, you should be mad.

• It would make sense to me if you were mad.

• Do you think it's wrong of me to tell him that I'm not comfortable going in the future?

• I think that you have every right to tell him that. I have always viewed the idea of going to strip joints as disrespectful in the first place - but going while you are dating/seeing someone is even worse since it involves objectifying and sexualizing another woman when you are already at least somewhat committed to another.

• Yes.

Ask to go with him or go yourself.

Then he will know how you feel.

Yep.

• Can I ask why he is going? Is it a party?

• I know he wouldn't go by himself by choice and no he hardly ever goes. He went on a trip to montreal with all his single friends and they went. I'm not mad because he's very honest but it makes me uncomfortable. I trust him I'm just very against those places and what they represent. I'm gunna see him in a little while and I wanna say something but I don't know what to say

• Why say anything? Get over it. It is the past. If you want to argue just slap him and start a fight that way

• If it becomes habit and if he is pissin money away then yes you should tell him no.

What Girls Said 1

• Telling him? YES! However, this should be done in a decent manner. It's also important that you two establish boundaries with matters as such because if this is something that you're not comfortable with, then the kind of relationship you both share is at question and what you will or will not tolerate should be considered. Hope this helps!