He stood me up, should I forgive or just forget about him?

It was going to be our first date and I've known this guy for a while. He had texted me saying that he wanted to talk and get to know me better. Anyway, we ended up talking everyday all day for about two weeks and had set up a date to see a movie on a Friday. Well Thursday I texted him and asked him if we we're definitely going and to make solid plans, and he told me yes but he had to work Friday so he couldn't give me an exact time. I said that was fine and we talked a little bit.

Well Friday rolls around and I never got a text. I was patient because he could have gotten stuck at work. But then 9:40 rolled around and I knew that I'd been stood up. :/

So I texted him after getting my emotions in check and told him that if he didn't want to go all he had to do was say so. And he texted back a few minutes later saying, "I'm sorry I got off work went home and went to sleep." So I told him not to bother with talking to me anymore.

And now after a little time he keeps liking my posts on Facebook and said he'd make it up. But I don't know if I should give him another chance. I need opinions. :/

Most Helpful Girl

• I wouldn't bother, how rude and inconsiderate of him to not even text you before he went to sleep! Just imagine if you DID give him a second chance and he did it again, or maybe not right away, but eventually. Don't be desperate. You'll find someone else. Trust me, I've been through something like that before and now I know.

• I don't even know you and the situation just pisses me off. Don't even consider this.

What Guys Said 4

• F*** him.

"I got off work, went home, and went to sleep."

When you, YOU, set a F***ING schedule, or even AGREE to a schedule with someone, the LEAST you owe them is a text saying "sorry, I can't make it tonight." It takes like, 2 minutes, not even.

Unless someone stuck a syringe in your neck and injected a tranquilizer sedative directly into your veins, no one is THAT sleepy to not text a notice, whether it be before the time you're supposed to meet, or hell, even maybe a little AFTER the time you were supposed to meet.

• what do you want out of this because it sounds like you want one of us to talk you into something or give you a reason

• I feel bad because this happened to me. Except, I was the person who went "I'm sorry, I accidentally fell asleep."
    But I had major reasons why I went to sleep, one, I already had plans that day to do work quickly because paperwork had piled up over the few weeks and I was determined to finish it quickly. But she kept asking me to go with her to Lunch or Dinner despite all these times she asked being only according to her schedule! I always had to move things around for her because I felt guilty that she said she really wanted to see me and it had been some time. She pushed to go with me to work but I knew that was not only going to leave her bored, but it was also going to distract and stress me out because I had objectives to accomplish. So to ease her, I told her lets just meet for Dinner later instead because I knew she was going to feel bad if I just told her no, I have a lot to do and cry again.

Second, the reason why paperwork piled up was because last week I was isolated because of a bacterial infection in my lungs, tonsils, and sinus. I couldn't get around at all but mainly because the medication was making me lethargic and I have to continue the medicine until the doctors have given me an "OK" to stop taking it. Of course, the world doesn't stop if I'm sick, half of everyone at work never knew I was really sick the week before so I have had to deal with keeping up with them and making up for the absence I had a week before. I told her before that I was sick and in the hospital but she would never visit me. I assumed she was busy because her work always occupies her time and I noticed that when she's into something, she won't stay put until she gets it done. So I never bothered to tell her the details of how ill I was. Later on she apologized for not visiting me at all, but this is when I'm already trying to keep up with all the work and making sure that the bacterial infection doesn't come back with resistance to create another cyst in my lungs.

• "I'm sorry I got off work went home and went to sleep."

What. The. F*ck.

If you want to give him a chance to make it up to you, that's up to you. It's possible he's learned his lesson, but you make damn sure you make him do ALL the work arranging it. You do not call or text to confirm anything, you make him do it.

What Girls Said 2

• He obv has no respect for you or he would've given you the courtesy of a phone call to say that he couldn't make it. Plz do not degrade yourself by giving him another chance. He's a grade a loser. A real man would have kept the date, a real man would've called if he couldn't make it and a real man would've made it up to you by now. Who cares if he keeps liking your Facebook statuses? Why are you even giving him a second thought?

• Am I the only one who thinks maybe you overreacted just a TAD? I mean, cut the guy a break. Things happen. Maybe he was exhausted after a long work week; we've all been there. I don't know. If it were me I'd give him another shot if he seemed genuinely sorry.

• Seriously? He stood her up and then couldn't even be bothered to call her and let her know and you think she's overreacting? He obv doesn't seem genuinely sorry either cause if he was he'd make this up to her in some way. He's a grade a chump.

• LOL God forbid somebody make a mistake. You're RIGHT, he must be the world's hugest d***.