Why don't girls text back?

Why do girls take forever to text back or call sometimes? Then they get mad if you do it. So why is it OK for girls to do it and not think its a big deal? Do they just not care about talking to their boyfriend?

Most Helpful Girl

• a well I think ...your girlfriend might be busy or bored(means not interested in you ) or having interested in other guys too ..please don't mind ...but some girls don't text or call early Cos they are not actually attracted according to them...their mentality... but they still like the guy cos of his nature or because the girl thinks it's good to talk with him..but yet cos their something that is what they want personally is not in the guy .so they at first ignore & after sometime they text back...

maybe still can be other reasons too

What Girls Said 13

• I wonder the same about guys! My boyfriend takes FOREVER to text and he says because he's always busy doing something or driving places, which I know he is. But grr lol

• Same problem with some guys. I respond quickly and he does not. When I don't respond quickly to him he gets upset. I think its not cool communication is the foundation of friendship.

• maybe she's busy or could be playing hard to get

• I think mostly if they are not into the guy, they won't encourage him.

• Omg guys do this all the time I'm busy I'm driving I'm eating lol and god forbid girls not texting back

• I usually respond to people right away, it's because my phone is always in my hand. I've only had this late response problem with guys, it's really annoying, I just don't bother with texting them back if they take long to respond.

• Society says if you text back too quickly your being too available and he will lose interest.

• I feel the same exact about guys. Holy monkeys.

• they aren't that into you

• Are you talking about entirely different girls or the same girl who wants it both ways?

Different girls have different preferences for texting. If it's the same girl, maybe she just likes starting drama with you over not texting to make you prove how much you like her.

• They aren't interested

• She's not interested in you, you're not a priority to her

• They think your ugly

What Guys Said 5

• It's a double standard situation from either direction. So best thing I can say why ask the question when is been asked by many guys and girls.

• they just don't know how to initiate things. and honestly I get bored sometimes of that. I feel like I am the only one that want this relationship to work and then I decide to hell with it. if she wants she knows my number.

• women...you don't understand them...

• They take a long time to respond because they're busy hooking up with other guys.

• They hardly ever do anything first until they are comfortable around you