TV Shows that have Lost it

The 'IT' > the charisma, the excitement, the interest...that indescribable thing that makes us drawn to the person or thing...

These are all shows I LOVED, but recently (or not so recently) they are not as good as they used to be. They've either become boring, repetitive or plain unwatchable.

The Big Bang Theory

Don't get me wrong, this show was awesome. Now it's just less awesome... :(

TV Shows that have Lost it

Two And A Half Men

Never really an amazing show, but now...ridiculous.

Supernatural

I am very sad to report this, but this show has really went downhill.

Criminal Minds

Yup. Kind of expected. It's been around forever.

The Walking Dead

I know some people still think this is an amazing show, but once it first started going downhill I couldn't bring myself to watch the end. It hasn't ended, but it hasn't pulled me back in.

Once Upon a Time

Since the season 2 terribleness just couldn't... They say it's improved. But to suffer through the season 2 to get to season 3...Nope!

What are some shows you don't think are of the same quality as before?

Which ones can you just not stand to watch anymore?

Add your own!

LittleSally is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 32

• Dobar dan matice Hrvatska, kakosi?

I think there are few good shows these days. But, I saw one on Hrvatska tv recently, where they imitate singers. One gut did a brilliant take of Annie Lennox :)

On your take, Doctor Who is one that has gone from brilliant to dreadful :(

• Dobro. Kako si ti? =)
      Oh, I didn't catch that.

• It was on last weekend, brilliant show :)

The compere is an actor from that brilliant film 'no mans land' about the tragic war in Bosnia :(

• I watch big bang and agree that it has lost most of its charm. the storylines are derivative and cliché. Shows need to have growth in their characters and this show has had little to known in years

Don't really watch 2 1/2 men but have seen it with Charlie and after. Even towards the end with Charlie it was getting stale and then throwing Ashton Kucher in the mix (who I like a lot) completely threw the show out of whack. it's hardly even recognizable. They should've just cancelled the show when Charlie left... the magic was the chemistry between the "2 1/2" men

My Choice: The Simpsons
    Another show that has lost it and has been lost for probably about 15 years is The Simpsons. The first 8 seasons were awesome, the next 4 were still funny although going in a strange direction... since then the show is all but unwatchable for me

• The Big Bang Theory started losing what made it awesome when the guys became more romantically involved. The girls turned them more normal, they're not as geeky and fun to watch a before, especially Sheldon. Amy screwed him up.

The Walking Dead is still awesome. The 2nd season was crap, but after that it's been up there all the time except for one or two episodes.

Criminal Minds became a little boring, but I think it still has its charm. I've been watching it since the first season and I'm still hooked.

• TWD have lost it! ? YOU TAKE THAT BACK!

• I can see where you are going on your list - A few of yours crossover to my list.
    (1) TBBT - You are right it is not as funny what was the turning point Sheldon getting settled with Amy, Leonard and Penny in love, Howard getting married - What will save it maybe a sideways move to concentrate on Raj and Stuart, the single nerds.
    (2) Criminal Minds - Just maybe it has gone on too long - Where has it gone wrong - It moved from being character based to episode plot based and it messed about with characters when it got rid of JJ and Emily then didn't commit to Seaver eventually bringing two girls back. Jeanne Triplehorn and JLH were so memorable I can't remember their characters' name. Was reading a spoiler page and rumours of bringing Elle back from season 1 + 2 who I always liked. Also I felt it was a huge mistake never to develop a romantic relationship between Spencer and JJ
    (3) Two and a Half Men collapsed when Charlie Sheen was fired.
    My nominees.
    (A) Lost - The end still brings me out in a rant but it lost its way after season 4
    (B) L + O SVU - Struggled after Elliott left
    (C) CSI LV - Struggled after Grissom left
    (D) Glee - Didn't even watch the last few episodes
    (E) Revenge - Did anyone actually care what happened at end
    (F) For UK/Ire users - The end of the "This is England" franchise I thought was very lame
    I am sure there are more but that is all I can think of at the moment.

• Raj has a girlfriend now, the ginger girl haven't you watche the new series?

• I could see him playing the role. He definitely has enough presence.

• Sorry @Explore2016 I didn't see question in last part of the comment until now - The answer is I don't know because I don't watch Ros na Run

• Well I'm only at Supernatural's second season's middle so I can't yet vouch for it going downhill. How exactly does that happen (without spoilers)?

And Walking Dead, yes has had it's downs... probably more than the ups, but the first episodes of season 6 are da bomb actually.

• Oh, they are micro-focused on the main characters - the Winchesters, but the chemistry isn't as palpable as it was before and the stories just aren't as interesting anymore - seems like recycling of what we've already seen so many times before from them. :(

• Ok, thanks.

• Two And A Half Men was never the same once Charlie Sheen was gone. As talented as Ashton Kutcher is, he was never going to fill the boots of Charlie Sheen.

• you should get back into the walking dead, it has gotten a lot better

• Criminal minds hasn't lost its touch, that's crazy to say that.

• This show isn't on anymore but the Office saw a shark decline in later years. Before Michael even left, but that's what most people cite the issue being. I think the writing just became subpar.

South Park. Just not funny anymore like it used to be.

• Yeah Jim's incredulous expression got tiresome.

• I agree that the show started getting stale with schtick before Steve Carrell left and went completely weird once he did. At the time I felt like the show wasn't funny at all anymore, but I actually hae re-watched the whole series and can appreciate the change... not nearly as funny or the same as it was originally but still decent after Michael Scott left

• BBT is getting kind of old; the same old schtick is getting tiresome. The Walking Dead seems OK through last season; I didn't care much for the first one of this season, the only one I've seen so far.

The other shows I don't watch.

I would add The Simpson's, but I know Matt Groening will keep it going because he loves the money and animated characters don't age.

• we're on the same exact page

• it's funny in I think the 200th episode spectacular (made in like 1998 or something) they made a joke that Matt Groening would continue making the show until it wasn't profitable... Clearly that has become true

• TBBT, HIMYM, and Once Upon a Time can't lose what they never had.

On the other hand, The Walking Dead is still great.

• I've never watched Criminal Minds, but I agree on Two And A Half Men.
    Anyway, I still like The Big Bang Theory, The Walking Dead, Once Upon a Time, and Supernatural.

• The Walking Dead has been consistent throughout, so has the BBT. So if you dont like them now, you might have never liked them as much as you thought and are just getting tired of them.

• Really? The Walking Dead? It got better over time for me.

• I quit watching supernatural a few seasons ago, i can't believe it's still on. The walking dead is only getting better for me.

• The Big Bang Theory became complete shit.

The Walking Dead will get better, since it follows the comics. A character named Negan is coming soon, and he'll make things very interesting.

• i read that he'll be in the final episode of the season and then be featured throughout s7. can't wait for him and lucille to show up. i'm curious about who's going to play him.

• @ihatework I want Patrick Warburton. I think he'd do very well as Negan.

• i can see patrick in the role quite easily, he has the acting chops and the size needed. i'm hoping a little that henry rollins gets a chance, that would be something, especially since negan is loosely based on rollins persona to begin with.

• Big Bang Theory was never good to start with.

• lol, walking dead, 2 and a half men and the big bang theory (same writer as 2.5 men) have never been good. check out them without the laugh track. it's beyond cringeworthy. i can't speak for the other shows, but criminal minds is a cbs show so it probably wasn't that good to begin with. generic cop show #8.

• See, I don't need to read this at all because The Big Bang Theory never had it.

• More from Guys
    12

What Girls Said 15

• This was spot on for the first 4. I haven't seen Once Upon a Time so I can't give an opinion but with TWD I actually hated the first two seasons. My friends have convinced me to go back and try again so we'll see.

• The walking dead went seriously downhill after they left the farm. They're just using the same plot over and over again, with different settings and characters.
    Actually within the first 10 minutes of watching Once upon a time, I had cringed at least 50 times so I never even bothered watching it.
    The others are pretty obvious since they've been going on for so many years, they're just dragging it out now.

• The Walking Dead and Criminal Minds are still A1 in my book.

• I don't know, I still really love Supernatural and The Big Bang Theory.

• I liked "Seinfeld" but when That went off the air, @LittleSally, and Kramer, George and even Now, Elaine, Got their own shows, it went downhill and right in the GAG ME Gutter... Utter flops.
    Good luck. xx

• *Just for the Record here, dear, I loved "Two and a Half Men," especially with Charley. Ashton came along though and put a bit of nice spice into it but Charley really made the show, as we all know. xx

• Thank you, @LittleSally, for the upvote. xx

• Agree with everything except Criminal Minds. Still awesome in my opinion, even though every episode tends to follow the same plot :P

• I'm totally there with you on Supernatural! I stopped watching after it's intending ending, season 5. I couldn't take more than a few episodes of season 6.

• Game of Thrones, it lost me at the end of series two and I just couldn't be bothered to try again.

... I know this may get a LOT of downvotes!

• I so agree with you on Supernatural on this, it lost big time after season 6! Other than that I never really liked TBBT, THM, TWD!

• I never like The Bug Bang Theory, TWD, and The Criminal Minds. Supernatural was good but not anymore, too boring...

• I agree OUAT has gone downhill, I enjoyed season 2, 3 and 4 was alright but so far 5 is pretty disappointing.

• Once Upon a Time and Supernatural are still my favorites, so is The Walking Dead and The Big Bang Theory... but I agree on Two And A Half Men and Criminal Minds :)

• I agree with all of them!!! I haven't watched the new season of Big Bang theory because i just LOVE <3 the show.. and from what I heard about it.. I am so afraid I'll be disappointed and will not love it anymore. as much as i do now..

• Before I read this I thought "You better not put supernatural on" Alas!. I completely disagree with you, SPN has regained some old roots and its look to be just as strong with s10 and this show made it past the halfway mark, so clearly there are still fans. I agree with Two and a Half men and OUAT because I watched a few episodes and didn't like it. TBBT is stable and TWD and CM are great shows!.

• I still love Supernatural. I think it's still good, this new season has been great!