Red's Top 10 Movie List

10. Pulp Fiction (1994)

The lives of two mob hit men, a boxer, a gangster's wife, and a pair of diner bandits intertwine in four tales of violence and redemption.

9. Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (2001)

Rescued from the outrageous neglect of his aunt and uncle, a young boy with a great destiny proves his worth while attending Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.

8. Catch Me If You Can (2002)

The true story of Frank Abagnale Jr. who, before his 19th birthday, successfully conned millions of dollars' worth of checks as a Pan Am pilot, doctor, and legal prosecutor.

7. Toy Story (1995)

A cowboy doll is profoundly threatened and jealous when a new spaceman figure supplants him as top toy in a boy's room. (All of them are awesome).

6. To Kill a Mockingbird (1962)

Atticus Finch, a lawyer in the Depression-era South, defends a black man against an undeserved rape charge, and his children against prejudice.

5. Taxi Driver (1976)

A mentally unstable Vietnam War veteran works as a night-time taxi driver in New York City where the perceived decadence and sleaze feeds his urge for violent action, attempting to save a preadolescent prostitute in the process.

4. Back to the Future (1985)

Marty McFly, a 17-year-old high school student, is accidentally sent 30 years into the past in a time-traveling DeLorean invented by his close friend, the maverick scientist Doc Brown.

3. 12 Angry Men (1957)

A jury holdout attempts to prevent a miscarriage of justice by forcing his colleagues to reconsider the evidence.

2. The Shawshank Redemption (1994)

Two imprisoned men bond over a number of years, finding solace and eventual redemption through acts of common decency.

1. The Dark Knight (2008)

When the menace known as the Joker wreaks havoc and chaos on the people of Gotham, the caped crusader must come to terms with one of the greatest psychological tests of his ability to fight injustice.

#RedsTop10

1133
RedRobin is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Most Helpful Guy

• 'The Count of Monte Christo' should be among... or may be i was the only one seeing it as most interesting

Most Helpful Girl

• Great Top 10 Movies, @RedRobin.
    I especially Enjoyed "Shawshank Redemption."
    Thank you for the Kind Invite. xx

Sponsored

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 32

• good ones

• Shawshank would be on my list. As for the rest I would have... In no particular order.

1. Rudy
    static.rogerebert.com/.../...uOmaZ3SmEtpvBTbdQ.jpg

2. Man on Fire (my mother says he reminder her of me;-P)
    a1259.g.akamai.net/.../10116574.jpg

3. A few good men
    images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/.../...268_AL_.jpg

4. Forrest Gump
    upload.wikimedia.org/.../Forrest_Gump_poster.jpg

5. Pretty Woman
    userscontent2.emaze.com/.../...5367a38984a05eb.jpg

6. Avatar (loved the special effects)
    t0.gstatic.com/images

7. Titanic
    t0.gstatic.com/images

8. Original Matrix
    t0.gstatic.com/images

9. The Notebook (because I''m a hopeless romantic... story of myy life... but without the happy ending;-P)
    upload.wikimedia.org/.../Posternotebook.jpg

10. A tie- as I can't limit it to 10
    Predator
    One of the first start wars
    Topgun
    Aliens
    Indiana Jones

• I've seen all but the Harry Potter pic. Mockingbird is a solid treasure and should be in anyone's top five! All good stuff!

• Nice list. My top fourteen favourites (fourteen because I only have that many favourite films so far, so why not), in no particular order are:

1) The Graduate
    2) Blue Valentine
    3) The Place Beyond the Pines
    4) Paris, Texas
    5) City Lights
    6) Krammer vs Krammer
    7) A Guide to Recognising Your Saints
    8) Lost in Translation
    9) Happiness
    10) her
    11) Drive
    12) Half Nelson
    13) All Good Things
    14) Lars and the Real Girl

• interesting list. i like the variety. aside from harry potter i love all the movies you listed, especially the old classics like to kill a mockingbird, taxi driver and 12 angry men

• 10. Pulp Fiction (1994) - Probably one of my top 3 movies
    9. Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (2001) - I could never get into any of the Harry Potter stuff.
    8. Catch Me If You Can (2002) - Saw it once. Meh.
    7. Toy Story (1995) - My kids liked it.
    6. To Kill a Mockingbird (1962) - A true classic
    5. Taxi Driver (1976) - Another true classic
    4. Back to the Future (1985) - My first real 1-on-1 date with who would eventually become my wife was to see this movie. :-)
    3. 12 Angry Men (1957) - Another true classic
    2. The Shawshank Redemption (1994) - Another of my top 3 movies
    1. The Dark Knight (2008) - I cannot get into comic book based movies

• I generally go for the older classics, Vertigo and other Hitchcock, ormolu recent ones like Seabiscuit and Empire Falls.

• There are so many more movies I could add to this list! I might make another one tomorrow lol

• Very nice movie choices. Most of them I seen a few I didn't. The ones I saw I enjoyed watching so very nice movie choices.😃

• I'm not into movies but I've watched 'Catch me if you can' with my dad. He liked it but I was like "meh".

Sounds like a good list tho :)

• I have seen a few of these movies but not all of them. Titanic has no place on a top 10 list?

• very cool! these are by far 10 of the most highest rated movies in IMDB and I seen a few of them all so I believe they deserve their ratings.

till then I was wondering if you can please check my new Mytake I wrote earlier?

www.girlsaskguys.com/.../a33259-5-reasons-why-i-dont-use-tinder

• Toy Story, my brothers used to love that, when they were kids. My personal f. a. v. is Falling Down, a man once had control of his life and the world around him and then, one bad day, he discovered that he didn't. his wife didn't like his uncontrollable rage, so she divorced him and kept him from their daughter, got a restraining order. Also, he also takes over gangland and the gang is right, s. m. h. everybody and everything is against him and he can't take it, offs himself on a bridge, I will watch again later on today, which is what I plan to do.

• Probably agree with all of them but I never got around to watching

2. The Shawshank Redemption

How was it?

• It was so close between The Dark Knight and Shawshank Redemption, it's probably a tie for me. Heath Ledger just did a really good job with the joker.

• I'm not a big specialist but my list would absolutely begin with Apollo 13.
    I like well dramatized movies based on true facts :D
    In this case the true facts were a thriller and the movie replicates that perfectly, including great actors.

• I deem this awesome for mentioning 12 Angry Men! Wonderful movie. Back to the Future is my favorite movie of all time though.

• The hardest part of making thus list was ordering the movies. I'd put them all in first place if I could.

• 12 angry men is such a good movie

• Good list, could recommend it to just about anyone.

• Great list. Taxi Driver is also not only one of my all-time favorite Robert De Niro movies but all-time favorite movies in general.

• Great Movies! Wasn't expecting Catch me if you Can haven't seen that on many lists, personal favourite of mine. Have you seen Django Unchained? that and the dark knight are my number 1. Admittedly haven't seen all of pulp yet :/

• Glad to see "Taxi Driver" make the list - Great performance by Robert De Niro

• Nice list, well, we agree on Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, and Back To The Future :D

• More from Guys
    12

What Girls Said 10