5 Reasons Why I Like Girls Who Wear Glasses

1. They aren't focused on their appearance, or on attracting guys who are focused on appearance. They of course also go easy on makeup

When someone wears glasses these days it's a conscious decision not to use contacts. They feel the hassle of contacts isn't worth it.

2. Since they don't have a lot of Don Trump types chasing them, they have time to chat and talk and have coffee. They don't resent that you arenn't spending money on them. These girls don't rate guys by their cars or bank accounts nearly as much as most US women.

3. Without such a busy social calendar, they are usually well read and can talk INTELLIGENTLY about the world. I rarely meet US girls who can handle any kind of political discussion.UNLESS they are wearing glasses.

4. Quite often the girl in glasses is very attractive, but the glasses mean you don't notice that right away. Since such girls nearly always dress modestly, you are comfortable and not distracted (as a guy) when you first meet them. And the girl is also more comfortable, because she knows you aren't focusing on her looks. She knows she is being taken seriously, and that I might not be true if she were wearing contacts.

5. It's easier to be respectful toward her, as a guy; You don't resort to stereotypes when you describe her, either to yourself or to others. You don't classify girls in glasses by hair color, for example, quite as readily as we guys normally do.

I've heard there are some girls who wear glasses even though their vision is perfect, although I have never met one, just for the reasons above!

martyfellow is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Girls Said 21

Glasses are so awesome I agree.

• 1. I wear glasses because I'm extremely blind without them. Contacts end up irritating my eyes like crazy and making them read a lot. Then they cause headaches and it's annoying having to deal with that.

I don't know if having to wear glasses magically makes us be like how you describe it.

• You are smart and aren't willing to undergo the discomfort just to llok cuter.. that's my point.
      I don't think it's magic... Just natural selection!!

• Exactly! ... The take owner seems rather ignorant. 😬!!

• @Errhh Another man hater shows up!

• It makes the eye sight worse

i wear glasses because 1) i'm extremely nearsighted and 2) i hate the idea of sticking plastic things in my eyes. but #2 and #3 are definitely me (i'm not American, but still).

sure, it's kind of ignorant to assume that these are true for all women who wear glasses. but i'll take it as a compliment lol :)

(my boyfriend also wears glasses, and there's no denying his specs appeal... *giggle)

We are ALWAYS speaking generally when we speak of 'guyys' or 'girls'. Or 'guys who are ripped' or 'girls with glasses.' We couldn't discuss anything without generalities.

We fouldn't say Don Trump is a buffoon if we couldn't generalize, because he does say some things that are true! But I think you'd still agree he's a buffoon.

My point is that NO girl out of ore than 20 responses, said one word about 'ignorant' or 'stereotype' on the My Take. 5 Things about Guys that I find creepy, even though every statement there was a broad generalization that even the authoress admitted when I questioned it.

But NOT ONE GIRL would criticize her for assuming all guys are like that or for generalizing, etc.

That, my dear, is proof positive of Fembot prejudice, just one of many examples we see whenever any guy says ANYTING critical about, just for eagle, Trump girls, at least half the US female population.

lol, i'm not a feminist and have never been.

yes, we generalize~ it's in our nature to classify, so that we can find those like ourselves, but assumptions are ignorant, regardless of whether you're a man, a woman, straight, gay, white, black, all of the above, or none of them.

for example: "all men are creepy" versus "i find it creepy when men do x/y/z". one is an assumption, the other is a generalization; there's an obvious difference in the message.

another example: i've been cheated on by men, more than once. but you'll never hear me say that "all men are cheaters"; i might tell you that, growing up, the men in my family cheated on their wives and i grew up thinking that this was normal behaviour, but i'll also be the first to say that i had terrible taste in men and that their idiocy doesn't accurately represent their entire gender.

it sounds to me like you're looking for a fight, but i can assure you that you won't find it here. have a nice day. :)

If it talks and acts like a Fembot it's a Fembot, You know you feminists have a well earned reputation as liars; not just my opinion.

You act like a Fembot in refusing to criticize even the worst stereotyping by girls. It's a well known fact tha many t girls think glasses are them look unattractive.

Umm I can see why u make think this but I am often stereotyped as the "Hot librarian" lol. Plus, I wear lots of makeup :D

I' m speaking generally, and why wear a lot of makeup with glasses? Most girls don't do that, partly because, hey, the glasses hide most of the makeup!

I already thought of you as the hot librarian, you know.

Haha thanks 😉 I wear more makeup on my eyes because the glasses hides it and I like to :)

this list is full of stereotypes. Sure glasses may look more appealing to some people (I like guys with glasses as well) but it has nothing to do with their personalities

Any my take has generalities. I notice no women object to stereotypes with Takes like '5 Things about guys that are Creepy.' MOre than 20 girls responded not ONE complained about 'sterotyping' guys!

But you always get this from Fembots when you write ANYTHING about girls!

Some people ONLY need glasses when they read. Personally I know no person who wears contact lenses. And girls with glasses go from mean bitches to girls that get any guy they want to make up addicts to geeks and bookworms with no dominant group.
      And I wasn't attacking you at all. You were the one who called me a "fembot" just because I don't agree with your take

Fembot always has to have the last word.

• I think you're way off on this one. All the girls I know who wear glasses myself included wear a lot more makeup because of them. I know I wear a lot more eye shadow and heavy eyeliner so it will "pop" through the glasses and draw your attention to my eyes despite my glasses.

• I've had glasses since I was in the 5th grade, no guy EVER looked at me with those binoculars on. I hated them! Thankfully I got LASIK last year, its been a year since I've put on glasses and I couldnt be any happier.

• This is stupid.

People who wear glasses wear them because they are going partially blind.
    why are people dumb 😩😩😩😩lol😖!!

• Is that your girlfriend.
    As a girl who wears glasses sometimes, number one isn't always true...

• O course; some girls with perfect eyesight wear them to look mature.. so I've heard! I'm of course speaking generally

• I can't wear them because of the steep curvature of my eyes. It would tear my cornea. I wear the squared black plastic frames because of my lazy eye. One eye droops slightly, and its not very noticeable in squared frames. But because those frames are "in fashion", I have to pay more for them.
    I literally wear men's clothing. Black cargo pants, fandom T-Shirts, and men's skater shoes.
    Most people assume right away that I'm a lesbian. I'm 100% hetero.
    Until about 2 years ago when my boyfriend opened my eyes to the world around me, I couldn't have cared less about politics. I'm not registered to vote, I have no political affiliation, and I don't even know who our VP is.
    You got one thing right though. I make more money than my boyfriend who can't drive. I'm with him because he's a decent human being, intelligent, and respectful, without being a pushover. He has self respect, and he respects me.

• Yes, of course there are a few people like you who really CANNOT wear contacts.

• As someone who wears glasses, I can tell you that most of this isn't true. I love makeup. I think it's fun and I do care about my appearance, and I actually think I look good with glasses. And as for the dressing modestly thing, I know some girls with glasses who wear very skimpy clothes, and I also know some idiots wear glasses. And when you say it helps avoid stereotyping, everything you've written is the very definition of stereotyping. You know nothing about women.

• Chuckle, says the 17 year old GIRL...

• @mytake owner, why is her opinion irrelevant? You're stereotyping and now you're dismissing someone's valid opinion because they're 17, seems like you're the childish one to me.

• I disagree I don't think glasses pick your personality you could be ratchet with glasses you can be stupid with glasses! glasses just means it helps you to see; but the personality you need to see by talking to them and etc. other girls have that same personality but they don't wear glasses they can wear contacts because they don't want to keep pushing up their glasses or their glassy to be fogging all the time. but that's just my opinion!

• There are whole optical companies selling eyewear on the basis of STYLE... most girls are conscious, or unconscious and unspoken, decisions about style all the time, and it DOES give a lot of insight into their personalities. You think a girl wearing a miniskirt isn
      T making a deliberate choice, versus, say, the girl in jeans?

You think their choice of eyewear is any less style and clue-giving? That would be silly.

• A hey, it's worse when the contacts get water under them...

• I wear glasses and contacts. . I dont wear contacts to look "better" I use them because I regulary work out and because sometimes its just more convenient.. this take is quite generalizing

• Well, we always generalize about the behavior of 'girls' and 'guys', don't we? You could city is almost any TAke on here if we can't generalize about 'girls with short hair', or 'guys who play soccer', guys who are insecure', etc..

• *criticize any Take,--darn , stupid I pad, always filling in the wrong word. There's a generalization for you!

• I wear glasses for reading because I need them. I don't think that most girls think about sending messages with their eyewear choice as you think we do. Your comments seem to suggest that girls who choose glasses over contacts are 1) less cute, 2) don't care about being cute or 3) are somehow thinking they're smarter or more studious than girls who choose contacts.

All of this is goofy as my judging you by whether you wear canvas, nylon or leather sneakers and what color you picked. Does wearing natural color Chuck Connors high tops mean you're a more caring person because you chose not to buy some crazy high tech pair?

• My experience is that it's generally true, that the shallower girls put u with the hassle of contacts while the ore serious girls will more often prefer glasses. Even if it's not something they consciously think about. It's more subliminal.

AS I said, there are exceptions. We are always speaking generally here when we talk about 'girls' or'guys' or 'girls who wear glasses.'

• Your experiences then are very different than mine. We obviously know different people. Remember that there are two kinds of people- the kind that put people in categories and the kind that doesn't.

• KWe all put people in categories when we speak of what 'girls' are like, or 'guys', or 'guys who drive Chevys'... jWe couldn't discuss anything if we ouldn't generalize.

There are people who contribute to discussion honestly, and those who try to nitpick anything written by a man, for example. How is that for a category?

• I wear glasses because 😭 I have 2 I don't have a choice.. I tired wearing contacts and ended up hurting my eye 😭😭

• I know they bother some people, but if you were a Tinseltown girl, you'd put up with that.. That's my point.

• I wear glasses because my eyesight is so bad and contact lenses freak me out

• A shallower person would put up with the contacts to look 'better.'

• What do u mean?

• You don't let stereotypes abut what's more attractive dictate your decision. A lot of girls would go with conta ts, whether they were freaky or not, just to 'look better.

• I prefer glasses over contacts. 😅
    I did never try them, but I can imagine how annoying they would be in the eye, how much I would need to clean them (I clean my glasses on a daily basis, so I don't know what would I do with the contacts @.@), etc.
    I don't think glasses make me an intelligent person, but I enjoyed reading this myTake. 😅

• But a more tinsel girl would put up with the hassle. To look 'cuter'. That's my point.

• Many people go out of the way to look acceptable in society's eyes, sadly. :/

• I wear glasses because my face feels naked without them.

• Sounds sensual...

• Yeah I guess so lol. But a lot of guys like my glasses they automatically think I'm sweet and smart.

• I've heard, though this only second hand, that some girls with PERFECT vision wear glasses just so they'll look friendlier and more approachable, as well as smarter.

• And what about the girls who have glasses who are party animals? Not all girls with glasses are bookish?

• I've got nothing against party animals, but most girls with glasses wouldn't be. Those girls would be in contacts.

Sure, there are exceptions.

• Waste time arguing with a 17 year of an out who has knowledge of women?

• f you want to argue with the Take, fine, but don't start attacking people just because they are men, which is your agenda here, obviously.

• More from Girls
    1

What Guys Said 12

• I've always thought the glasses look was sexy. :)

• To me, that's a take which illustrates the old adage - tell cute girls they are smart, tell smart girls they are cute.

Just because a girl wears glasses doesn't automatically make her cute.

• NO.. I think I said that 'quite often'' they are very attractive behind their glasses. Certainly not always.

I don't like them, they look nerdy...

Glasses are more like a fantasy for guys.

Some like it, some don't.

As a person with glasses fetish, I agree!

• I have noticed that there is a bit of trend to wear fashion glasses - Good take yeah sometimes I find glasses on a girl very attractive, I have no problem with women looking studious.

• Wow, and my friends tell me that Im shallow.

• I watch those ladies in glasses... they turn me on...
    s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...3e2882d640.jpg
    Dunno what it is about a woman wearing glasses that turns me on...
    HNNNG!!! I think... yup... it's my kink lol XD

• They are more often than not forced to due to limited eyesight.

• I <3 girls in glasses as well and I fail to understand why many girls shy away from wearing glasses if they need it !

• I've gotta burst your bubble: a lot of chicks wear glasses just for looks. Many are just fakers.

• Yes, I've heard many times some girls with perfect eyesight wear them to look 'start, or to keep guys away! Actually, I'venever met one.. to my knowledge!

• @elissadido is so cute :)
    the girl i like has them prescribed too but doesn't wear them because of low power
    same goes for the girl i had sex with XD
    maybe, i subconsciously like girls with glasses ha ha