What's the male's equivalent for "beautiful"?

I'm just curious. Guys can call girls cute, pretty, hot, or beautiful, and I think we all have similar ideas of what each one means. I've only heard of guys being called cute and hot. Is there something else that a girl can call a guy that would mean the same as a girl being called beautiful?

I'm mainly going for the emotional angle here. Everyone knows that us girls get all mushy and everything when we're called beautiful. What would we need to say to a guy for the same effect?

Most Helpful Guy

• Well, each guy is different, some will get all mushy to being called Cute, while some will have the same effect to Handsome. I guess a good universal word would be something like Hot. To be honest, guys are the ones supposed to be using a lot of words to describe the opposite gender, mainly because it effects them more than us guys. So really, there aren't a whole lot of words that can be used to the same effect as calling a girl beautiful, and I don't really have a word that matches it in my vocabulary to give you off of the top of my head.

What Guys Said 9

• I know it goes against your nature as a female, but you could just keep it simple and say good looking, easy on the eyes, a looker, etc. that's actually your safest option anyways because otherwise he might not take it as a compliment, for example I hate being handsome and prefer hot. some guys on this site have said the opposite

• I don't think there is a word that makes us fell all mushy like beautiful or gorgeous does for you ladies. The ladies can call me what ever they like.

• Dashing or handsome!

• I'd go with handsome. It doesn't give that mushy feeling, but it does give that "Fuck yeah, I'm a man" feeling, which is pretty awesome. For some, anyway.

• usually handsome...but others have used gorgeous and of course the other ones like "hot, cute" etc...

• hansome would be one

• I see beauiful as non-gender specific. Then you get pretty being female, an- ohh, emotional angle. Probably 'I'd f*** you'

• handsome, dashing, smart...anything would do...specially if you are a beautiful woman!

• Handsome...or cute

What Girls Said 6

• Some men are just f***in beautiful.

Their face has a great shape- square jaw, prominent cheek bones, beautiful eyes, a great smile. yum.

I would say the comparable term would be handsome, but you can call a man beautiful.

• I always assumed 'handsome' was the masculinised form of 'beautiful'.

• there are very few guys that can be called beautiful. I have had the privilige of meeting 3 and I told all three of them that I think they are beautiful... I think it can be used when a guy has a perfect face... something similar to jared leto? that kinda perfect, almost too perfect features if that makes sense?

• You could call a guy gorgeous.

• handsome

sexy

hot

good looking

attractive

• Handsome.

Most guys don't like being called cute, it has a girlie connotation, and hot for guys is the equivalent of sexy for girls - which is kind of a little too much for complimenting in my opinion.

Good luck.

• Guys don't turn to gush when you call them handsome, which is as close to the female equivalent of beautiful as you're going to get. They'll just appreciate the compliment and that you find them attractive, not really anything deep emotionally going on there.

• Just curious, would it be any less awkward if he had his shirt off and had a nice body?

• Then I would totally say it. You got me there. :P