If someone says you have the "perfect face for makeup" is that an insult or compliment?

my friends and I got our makeup professionally done for prom last weekend. I almost never wear makeup, except for a little mascara and lip gloss sometimes.

we were waiting in the lobby when a few makeup artists came out. one of them looked at the group, then saw me and said "she's mine!" and told me to follow her.

when we were in the makeup room she said "sorry, but when I spotted you I knew exactly what I wanted to do. you have the perfect face for makeup."

i'm not sure if that was an insult, like I'm ugly and need to wear makeup all the time, or if it was a compliment, like many different makeup looks could look good on me.

the girl said she wanted to try an old hollywood glam look, and when she was done I think it looked really nice. it looked something like this: link

but yeah...was what she said good or bad? should I wear makeup more?

Most Helpful Girl

• I would take it as a compliment. I've been told that before and I definitely believe it about myself. I'm very pretty without makeup, but when I wear makeup I can't help but look at myself in the mirror and think, "Damn, I'm hot :)".

I've seen people before who I think have perfect faces for makeup, and some people who can't pull make-up off. For example, my mom is really pretty, but I don't think make-up looks all that good on her. In my opinion, I think it depends a lot of your facial feautures. Obviously, lol...

But, yeah...definitely a compliment. Not a huge fan of old hollywood glam, though. I usually do my make-up a lot like kim kardashians. She is the perfect example of someone who has a good face for makep!

Sponsored

0/2500

Send It!

What Guys Said 7

• It was an industry compliment. They have to do makeup on people regardless, so they're always happy at getting one that they know has the perfect skin tone and features; one they can work wonders with. It's akin to a landscaper being called in to work on a property that resides on the edge of a forest and a lake. It's just too perfect an opportunity to pass up.

It may not have sounded like a compliment to you, but among them, it was.

• It seems too much like having the perfect personality for therapy.

• It was a strange way to say it, but if only for the sake of professional propriety I highly doubt she was meaning it in that way.

• It'x a compliment if you're confident and an insult if you're insecure. Your call.

• I got a similar comment and didn't know how to classify it. "You look like a less attractive Antonio Banderas" No idea how I'm supposed to take that.

• backhanded compliment

• lol that was a little weird way to put it, but I don't think she was calling you ugly.

What Girls Said 9

• You probably have really good skin and facial features so that no matter what she does, you will look good. Makes her job a lot easier, so yes I think that's a compliment.

• Industry compliment. It means you have great face shape and skin probably. Makeup artists love to find a naturally pretty girl that they can enhance even more with makeup. It's not an insult, everyone looks better with well done makeup.

• Make-up artists are in a sense, artists. When they see the perfect image or find the perfect inspiration, they want to paint it, express it.

To make-up artists, your face is a blank canvas. You prepare the skin properly, cleansing, toning, moisturizing, then using a primer. You then begin your masterpiece. It's no different from a photographer spotting a perfect scene and wanting to be the first to photograph it.

It could be either a compliment or insult, it just depends on how you view the use of makeup. If you view make-up as fun and you enjoy using it, it'd be a compliment because she was saying you had the perfect facial structure and features for her planned image. If you find the use of make-up unnecessary and degrading, it could be an insult.

But you have to be honest to an extent. Certain types of make-up help cover flaws, so while it might be insulting, it was also helpful if she covered any blemishes or breakouts or used a green concealer to cancel out the redness.

• its a compliment. you probably have beautiful skin, and a face that is easy to do different makeupstyles on.

• I wouldn't take it as an insult at all. You probably have features that make it easy for them to create a great look, like the mannequin heads they practice on in cosmetology school.

• some people have the perfect face for make-up it just means that you can wear your make-up in different ways and your facial structure will compliment it...we wasn't dissing you it was a major compliment!

• COMPLIMENT! I want to be a makeup artist and some peoples facial structure is easier to apply makeup then others and certain colors and finishes look better on different people.

• A compliment for example you may have big eyelids or something

• makeup can transform you. it just means you can be more than one person, more than one look in other words