How tight should yoga pants be?

I've run in to a bit of a dilemma in terms of buying a pair of yoga pants for my cousins birthday. She falls in between sizes according to the size chart and I was wondering how tight yoga pants should be. Should I size down so they are a bit tighter, or size up so they are looser?

The loose ones tend to "feather" or bunch around the crotch and slide down her hips, whereas the tight ones are well... Tight. Is either one the lesser of two evils?

Most Helpful Guy

• When in doubt on this one I'd say go with tight.

What Guys Said 2

• I say higher size...since yoga pants typically fit "tighter" anyways.

Of COURSE as a guy I wanna see a girl wear tight pants so I can he her butt and hips even more...but realistically, get her the bigger ones. :-D

• Go bigger and then get a good paperclip to make them fit :)

What Girls Said 4

• Of course, don't listen to the guys. They want it to be extra tight obviously. But I say go with whatever size of pants she normally gets. Yoga pants are MADE tight. So don't go with a size smaller than her regular size. Don't size up or size down. Go with her reg size and they will feel just how they are supposed to. Hope I helped :)

• I would say go with the size she normally wears if you know the size. To be honest I would be wary of buying yoga pants for someone else unless she specifically asked me to buy them for her.

But maybe that's just me. It's just that I love yoga pants so much that I would want to pick them out myself.

• Upsize by 2 from your regular pants size. Yoga pants are made tight and suppose to fit firmly. If you downsize, you won't feel comfortable in a lot of positions defeating the whole purpose.

• I like mine rather tight, but I don't know about your cousin. Personally, I'd choose the smaller size. Worst case will be that she'll have to change it for the other size in the store.