Guys: do you like it when girls tell you you're cute?

a real man shouldn't be cute so what do you think about that "compliment"?

actually my question is addressed to MEN. why do girls poke their noses into everything?

Most Helpful Guy

• Depends on the definition of cute. I was going out Country Line Dancing with some friends. One of my friends, a 35 year old woman, kept telling me I looked cute (as in adorable). Ugh. I hated it. I was the youngest one there, but I was 25; not just some little kid.

"Cute" as in precious (you know, something my mom would say) If we're out shopping (rare), everything I ear is "cute." That's a "cute outfit." I'm not a 6 year old girl. Work clothes are "cute." T shirt and jeans are "cute." ugh. Besides the fact that I'm a man, this is another reason I don't go shopping for clothes, and especially not with my mom.

Now if it's "he's cuuuuuute" (done in a different tone, usually the word is drawn out), it'd be a compliment.

I rarely hear any compliments these days, though, that aren't work related, so... moot point.

What Girls Said 22

• ok cute can either be a pity compliment or something we call hot guys when we don't want to call them hot. When you call a guy hot, he gets a huge ego boost and it makes him cocky and that is not attractive so we just call them cute. When a girl calls a guy cute and he actually is cute, we expect him to feel good about himself but not think that he's gods gift to women.

Or if we think a guy is sweet and nice, we may just call him cute because of this if he isn't actually the most attractive thing. We want to make him feel good about himself.

• A pity compliment?? wtf?! that's why I hate when girls say that! you never know what they mean! girls should either tell me I'm sexy or avoid to compliment me.

• Wow this was just random and weird. I don't get it. pity compliment?

• Her comment actually makes more sense than other comments made, considering the psyche of women.

• So what's a real man compliment? I use cute to describe guys I find attractive in an endearing way and I think those types of guys are the best.

• I know most girls think it's a compliment, but in my opinion "cute" isn't a real man compliment.

sexy, handsome, manly, good looking = men

cute = girls, babies, little kids, midgets, dogs, cats.....

• I was going to comment on the discussion, but since the question asker noted he wanted a man's opinion, I settled on putting my 2 cents in on this conversation. That said, I must agree with the man. I detest the word "cute" unless it's being referenced to small, furry animals, babies, or an amazing pair of heels. Cute should never be in the same sentence as the man you're dating. Why not use words like- dashing, libidinous, suave,charming, just ANYTHING but cute. :ugh:

• I wouldn't consider a midget cute that's for sure

• let me answer this with another question... DO YOU THINK GIRLS LIKE IT WHEN YOU TELL THEM THEY ARE HOT?

some do some dont, some guys like being called cute some dont.

I much rather have a guy tell me I'm sexy or beautiful not hot, what am i? boiling water, a fire-truck, burned food? because those are the images in my head when they say I'm hot, when they say I'm sexy my head starts visualizing other images... I like those better :)

so I understand your point but it depends on the person.

• OH COME ON! that's a big difference. everybody knows hot is a word to describe sexy/attractive people whereas cute could be everyting. a dog is cute, a cat is cute, a baby is also cute, but I highly doubt you'd f*** one of them/are attracted to them.

i call you hot and you girls think I'm talking about boiling water. wtf?!?! you just desperately try to make something up.

• Not true those are seriously the images that appear on my brain when someone calls me hot!! and cute is a word to describe attractiveness, you're on the same position as me someone calls you cute and you think of dogs cats and babies!!

• Well the only reason I want to poke my nose in this is because that statement that a real man shouldnt be cute is pretty dumb. I know plenty of guys in their mid 20's that call girls cute and its so not a big deal.

• You genius! that's because girls are cute (some of them), but guys are the opposite and therefore they shouldn't be cute. when I hear cute I think of a petite girl or a cat. unless you want to describe a weak and small baby-faced guy cute is not a good word to describe a guy.

• Yeah I read what those girls said and it was stupid. Most girls don't see an attractive guy as a teddy bear that they wanna feed and burp and take care of. that's gay. And if I don't think a guy is attractive I call him not attractive. I wouldn't call him cute. Most girls 20 or old er use the words hot, sexy, cute, fine, attractive, handsome pretty interchangably. I mean a guy could be hot but not really sexy and a guy could be handsome and cute. I dunno.

• Like this guy would be more very attractive/cute

http://s39.photobucket.com/albums/e192/LilShortyZ53/?action=view&current=TobyHemingway.jpg

and this guy would be more hot/sexy

http://media.photobucket.com/image/jensen ackles/neon_downtown/jensenmay2008a000x0432x535.jpg?o=48

• saying cute is just more appropriate than saying hot.

and cute in our book is better than hot like if there was something about a girl you liked lets say you thot she was pretty an had an amazing smile an uhh puppy dog eyes shed probably be hot but you would just think she was cute just if you stared an looked at the smile an the eyes or if they're was something funny she would do an you thot it was cute its the same sitch.

• I've been called both cute and hot. Cute seemed pandering, hot seemed sincere and nice.

• Well, its a whole different world with girls..

when we say hot we kinda feel like were being dogs I guess.

• i tell my boyfriend he is cute when we are being playful. his face lights up like a kid and a candy store...usually when I tell him he's cute he says. "no, you are" and we playfight.

it really just depends. when your in a childlike mood it's okay, but when you're being serious don't say cute... to me it's a compliment, but I'm a women. for men it's taken differently.

• I agree with jane hacks that it basically means attractive, I call my guy friends cute sometimes but not to 'offend their manhood'. Its just something I say to them. Its defiantly a compliment if a girl calls you cute.

• Shut up and take the compliment!

Believe me, "cute" does not mean cuddly-unless you're talking about a baby. Cute in girl language can mean "this guy needs to do me" or "cute face, hot body". It can also mean he has cute habits.

Cute basically means attractive. It's beats being called a pig any day.

• I like ur attitude.

cute = do me. Geez what does hot mean? Hot = bang me all day? lmao

• i rarely use the word handsome when I see an attractive guy ...i use cute all the time ..its just easier to say and when I call a guy cute ..its a good thing because its the same as calling him hot or whatever ..it means the same thing to me.

• i prefer being called cute because when a guy is like"damn, girl your so sexy. can I touch your ass?" or over hearing a guy go"wow that girl is hot" and pointing at me makes me feel soooo uncomfortable. id rather be called cute.

• sometimes I get mad when people tell me I'm cute too. like I wanna be sexy.

i guess it depends on what kind of guy you are.

think of it this way. would you want to be with a girl that came off as sexy, or cute?

personally, I wouldn't feel comfortable with somebody that had sex written all over them. that's why I go for the cute ones instead. it's a comfort level thing. so maybe cute isn't such a bad thing after all.

• when I say a guy is cute it is ALLWAYS a good thing to me, it means they are kind and I really like them!

• If I call a guy cute it is because I think he's hot. I just don't say your hot. I think it's more appropiate to say your cute. It means I like him.

• hey it depends on the type of girl you are dating whether she likes cute guys like me I love cute guys

• i like cute boys=]

• lol, poking their noses. god your so p*ssy. (:

watch, some chick is going to call you cute and your gonna get so annoyed.

just because you said that.

lol, that always happends to me.

*cough cough*peace cutie*coughcough*

• yeah I love itt :)

• Hahah, not meaning to poke my nose in, but ...

Usually when I say a guy is cute, it has to do with something they did.

Like, lets say the guy got me flowers (general scenerio).

I would say, "You're so cute" with a smile ...

If that's offensive to any guys, I apologize. l0l.

• yes

i use it alot

me and my boyfriend actually have a your cuter contest

:)

• That contest sounds like it would disgust anyone within hearing distance. No offense.

• cute is meaning that I find a guy absolutely adorable and I want to hug him and take care of him, sorta like my own cute cuddly teddy bear

nothing wrong with that

it's a good thing to be called cute

• Thats why some guys hate it then. I didn't get it a second ago. No man wants to be compared to a teddy bear that you wanna take care of. I'm 4'9 and I hate it when a guy wants to pat me on the head and call me cute. Its degrading and stupid.

• I'm like, 5'10" and I'd love it if I guy did that. It'd make me feel safe and wanted. The guy who'd pat me on the head and call me cute is the same guy that would get a hug two seconds later.

• i always call the boys I like cute.

i would take it as a compliment .

• A real man shouldn't be cute? Not necessarily. The guy I'm into right now is cute but he's also sexy. I would tell him that he's cute, it doesn't mean I don't think of him as a real man, he just has a very cute face! That's part of the reason I like him.

• Lol, what is a very cute face? please explain it to me? does he have hamster cheeks?

• He has big blue eyes, kind of a baby face but he doesn't have big cheeks. I don't know he just looks like he would have been a really cute kid

What Guys Said 30

• well it depends on how they say it... if they say like "awww he's so cute" that is like baby cute and I wouldn't like that but if they say wow he is cute, then I would take it well

• I usually get handsome or good looking but I've gotten cute on the days I put my glasses on. I'm cool with it. I'm over six feet tall so I'm confident in my physical appearence as a man. Besides true manliness comes from confidence. A true man won't mind being called cute. So don't worry if their calling you cute. Girls like cute...So long asit isn't followed by ...but.

• I know what you mean, but cute can also be a "pity compliment".

• Yeah, when you get that there's really nothing to do. The girl doesn't like you and you can't really get upset over it because she's trying to be nice. All you can really do is be nice back.

• I take it as a compliment. I know exactly what you're saying, but I also know that people use the same words for labels that are familiar.

• I totally accept cute. It means you are not "HOT" but you sparked her interest so much, she is starting to see you in an attractive light. You did something or said something that peaked her interest ... its a compliment that a ladies throws to a guy she likes and hopes it finds its mark.

Its a good thing!

I think "Cute" is different coming from a guy to a girl. Doesn't mean the same thing, your niece is "cute"..your daughter is "cute"...your baby sister is "cute" ...the girl you like isn't cute, she is "hot" ,"a babe" , "sexy" "pretty"etc.

• I was taught to hate the word cute when a girl says it. My friend (who taught me that), said "Dogs are cute, humans aren't".

• I would much prefer to be called gorgeous, but I'm not exactly worthy of that title!

I love it when a girl calls me cute, it makes me feel all warm inside. =D

• Why would you say that you are not gorgeous? There are girls out there that would call you that. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• I like it. It's possibly my favorite compliment to receive, appearance-wise, actually.

• Call me cute and I will assume you just wanna be friends.

• I call men that I like cute, handsome, hot, hunkasickle, Lol, I know, that's a new one. I have many different names for them....If I told a guy he was cute and I have done that, it means I like him and I want to be with him. Well not all men but quite a few....

• Thumbelina, please be honest. are you attracted to every guy you've ever called cute? I highly doubt it.....

• I don't think that a real shouldn't be cute...

Sorry but I think who has problems with that, shouldn't be so insecure about yourself.

I think womens today look for a boyfriend who is cute, and attentive.

• ohhh, before I forget:

The worst compliment is "your so sweet". that means in girl-speech "you are unattractive, but I like you as a person and I want to give you a compliment...but don't get the wrong idea or I will mace you"

• NO IT DOESNT take it from a girl (unless you are one) it means tht you are kind

• Ahhh, shiiit...............I always get called "sweet" person. Oh god get me to become an asshole fast!

• I agree with music girl. I tell the guy that like that he's sweet sometimes, but that doesn't mean that I don't like him. I think it kinda has to do with the girls' personality--If she's more outgoing she might say you're hot, but if she's more shy she might call you cute/sweet. However, if she calls you a sweetie or cutie, that's totally different.

• if being called cute is a good thing, then how about being treated like a child like in a cute way?

Like when I was in high school some girls act so friendly to me and tease me(like make fun of me in a friendly way). And sometimes, this female friend like take care me kind of like once she feed me chips when I was playing a computer game.

• It's food for thought, that's about it.

• It usually makes my day...and real men CAN be cute...among other things

• Depends on their definition of cute.

• I used to hate this comment as used to think it implied someone was just sweet but not handsome/attractive etc. But then I realised that it actually tends to imply a girl really likes you. So now I take it as a compliment.

• hummm, I know what you mean. cute isn't a good choice of words. it kinda makes me feel like a p**** but you need to learn to take it as a compliment. girls don't mean it like that. they are saying you look nice. but still I know what you mean.

• wow just take the compliment its good thing... my girlfriend says it to me all the time it doesn't bother me.

• cute makes me a little mad I want to know where the line is between cute and sexy so I can cross that line and get sexy cute makes me think of a dog that's scratching it's ass on the carpet

• as long as she doesn't call yo pretty haha I like being called cute because then it usually leads to something better

• Yer, I like it... They mean something good out of it so I take it as a compliment.

• Cute is fine by me but I prefer handsome.

• Of course, I take as a compliment.

• i get called cute, because I'm apparently good looking and stand at a whopping 5'6" .

• i get it everyday...but you can't let it get to your head...b/c that's when you become an @sshole.

• i like it its a compliment somtimes from a girl who has interest in u

• i do, just don't let it go to my head

• I don't mind it. Anything as long as it's not negative or hateful.

• i don't mind cute that much, I just prefer being called handsome but no one ever says handsome anymore.

• The way I see it is it's a compliment either take it or leave it. I think cute almost like a ice breaker. I would think it would be kinda weird if a gilr walked up to me and was like hey your hot. If they came up and said hey your cute I don't know I think I would be more interested

• 'cute' I think is more a euphemism for 'hot', it's for them to compliment a guy but they don't want to come on too strong. Personally, I'd be scared if someone called me sexy, but I wouldn't mind if a girl called me cute. it's the type of compliment women give to men.

cute is my favorite compliment to receive from a girl (if I think she's cute)