Is the wink ;) a sign of flirting?

I've been emailing a man for almost 2 months, We see each other every day but just in passing and to say Hi. I've given him hints in my emails that I'm interested and he has sent emails complimenting me and sending that :) wink sign. Is he flirting with me? Because when I asked him if that wink was for me then he doesn't email for a couple of days. He is 38 and single. Why, if he's flirting and showing interest won't he make the next step and ask me out? I'm 41 divorced with three young kids which he knows about because he is a teacher and has them in his class. He tells me how well behaved they are and has told me that I have done a great job with them. He even uses my kids as examples in his class and asks them questions about me. It would seem he's interested but he's not making the moves. Is it true that if a man were truly interested HE would make a move for us to get together? Maybe he's just not that into me, but then stop with the 'HOT' compliments and wink signs. Men.what does this mean in your eyes? Women.have you run across this frustrating dilemma?

Most Helpful Guy

• It sounds like he likes you, but it also sounds like he thinks the boys have a lot of potential and he feels like a role model as their teacher. It also sounds like your boys respect him, which is cool. But I think his conflict is if anything bad ever happened between you and him while they were in his class, how would that reflect on to them, and inside of the classroom, and stuff like that. That's why when you ask about the wink or something, he doesn't know how to explain what he's feeling and waits it out. Then it sounds like he starts up with the compliments again, because someone has a little crush, lol.