Is the wink ;) a sign of flirting?

I've been emailing a man for almost 2 months, We see each other every day but just in passing and to say Hi. I've given him hints in my emails that I'm interested and he has sent emails complimenting me and sending that :) wink sign. Is he flirting with me? Because when I asked him if that wink... Show More

Most Helpful Guy

• It sounds like he likes you, but it also sounds like he thinks the boys have a lot of potential and he feels like a role model as their teacher. It also sounds like your boys respect him, which is cool. But I think his conflict is if anything bad ever happened between you and him while they were in his class, how would that reflect on to them, and inside of the classroom, and stuff like that. That's why when you ask about the wink or something, he doesn't know how to explain what he's feeling and waits it out. Then it sounds like he starts up with the compliments again, because someone has a little crush, lol.