Can I tell the guy who stood me up off?

I got stood up last night and let me tell you it feels horrible! I am a pretty attractive girl who has no problem finding a date. This guy was... Show More

Yeah well...I never told him to "beat it". But he keeps texting me as if nothing happened. I'm so mad. Who does he think he is? All he had to do is to move his finger and text me "sorry can't make it". Now I'm moving on.
After ignoring his texts for 5 days I finally told him that I was mad at him and it wasn't cool what he did. He apologized and told me he wants to take me away on vacation. I said "are you gonna back out on me last min again?" Can't deny being skeptical

Most Helpful Opinion

• This just happened to me too! In my case, I think, although he would never admit it, that he was hungover/still drunk from the night before and he even said to me that his explanation would never be "good enough", cos lets face it it doesn't look that good does it. "Er sorry I'm actually throwing up, I've lost a shoe and look like sh*t because I got a bit carried away with the tequila last night, so I think it's best we don't do dinner".

See we know that honesty, even in a slightly prettied up version, is ALWAYS better than nothing but guys, they don't get that. They avoid admitting anything that makes them look bad.

Whatever you do, do not send a 'have a nice life text'. He may be embarrassed to tell you the truth because if that is the case, it doesn't paint him in the best of lights. It could of course also be that he's not interested, but this isn't about him. Are you interested? Is it worth giving him another shot? We've all been in situations where we meant to have one or two beers and it turned into 10 because really after 4 we just feel like nothing can go wrong and of course we'll be up bright and early to jog around the park?!?

If you do continue this, you definitely need to tell him it wasn't cool...but fear not, he will remember he made plans and he will know he fu**ed up, so you don't need to labour the point. I know what you mean about the testing how far they can go. I agree, a little, but men are so much simpler than us and I don't mean that disrespectfully, they just don't think things through so much. It probably seemed like a great idea at the time to ask you for dinner.

Be cool. Be mature. Tell him you had a great night but it's a shame you didn't do dinner, his night would have been better if he'd spent it with you. The fact he is texting at all, kinda indicates he is still interested. If he was blowing you off he wouldn't bother, would he?

Maybe he was a little put out you didn't join him and his friends...have you met them before? Was that actually going to be a big deal for him?

It really comes down to whether you like him enough to even give him the benefit of the doubt. And call him on it, and see what he does from there...that will be your answer as to whether he is into you, or not.

And don't be clouded by the fact you were planning to have sex for the first time. He didn't know that. It throws other emotions in there about trust, and stepping things up that he could not be aware of.

• Thank you for your response. I'm glad I didn't text him "have a nice life". The unfortunate/fortunate thing is I see him almost everyday. I work at a gym and he comes there to workout. So I saw him this morning and I just kept busy with my clients. Usually I go up to him and say hello if I don't have a client. Today, I left as soon as I was done without saying goodbye. I hope he tries to contact me again so I can tell him what you suggested. thanks again