Why do people hate on black women?

i am a 23 year old black woman in America. I am proud to be black but to be honest if I had a choice I would have never chosen to be a black woman...it sucks. it seems like everyone has something against black women. people say its because black women are loud and ghetto etc. but what people don't... Show More

Most Helpful Guy

• I can understand where you are coming from but the fact that you brought up slavery is a little irritating, the fact that I belong to a race that I had absolutely no control over being doesn't signify I am responsible for things people within it have caused, neither to you. As far as I'm aware (i'v checked out my family tree) my family were not slave owners. It really annoys me when people attach themselves to race and feel they have enough reason to hate others or side themselves with one side rather than the other just because you were born into something you never had control over. Just because you're the same race does not give you any further relation with someone else within the same race (its a product of social construct).

Anyway I'm straying of the subject too much, despite the US being one of the most racially diverse countries in the world, it seems like it also has the msot problems. Kinda ironic... I think it does relate to what I talked about above, people attach themselves to races and devide themselves into "communities" omg the amount of communities iv heard existing in the US, everything from the "black community, white community, Asian community, Hispanic community (even though Hispanic originates from the white spaniards its now become a race in the US) irish community... it really doesn't stop. So people are associating into groups to hate against one another, I believe this is the main cause since the idea of communities really isn't as strong outside the US and they have less problems. I personally find black women very attractive, they are gorgeous :P and would happily date AND marry one. I'm sorry for how you feel though