Going on Anonymous on GAG

A lot of people go on GAG for different reasons. A lot of people turn on anon for serious stuff and silly stuff. I think going on anon is helpful but also just plain silly.

Now before I get any hate for this, please read what I have to say.

I always turn off anon on my questions and myTakes unless it is deeply personal. I understand that some may find it embaressing or be too shy to take off anon. I think it is only good for those reasons.

Yet at the same time, I hate anon. Like be proud of what your opinion is, don't be ashamed if you think a certain way or don't know a certain thing.

I never go on anon when asking a question. If I don't know something, if I am curious about something else, if it's really personal or not. I just give no fucks if everyone knows that I didn't know something or that I think a certain way. I am proud of the way I think. I think @MistNigqa808 also never goes on anon cause he gives no fucks about what people think of his opinions. (Probably cause everyone loves him anyway).

I love people like that. Like just please, be brutally honest. This site is for opinions people, come on. If you opinion is a lie then it isn't your opinion. I like when someone doesn't go on anon if their opinion is unpopular, "embarrassing" or deeply personal. It makes me really happy for some reason.

I think the problem with anon is that people are generally a lot more mean and rude when they can go anon. They're braver when people can't put a face or name to a certain opinion or comment. Some people go on anon to just be rude and offensive! Even when the mytake or question has nothing to do about it, people will be so rude.

At this point, the random hate I get got to the point I never allow anonymous users anymore just because if someone has something mean to say, they should be brave about it and not hide behind their computer screen.

Also, it takes all the respect out. If someone has an opinion that is different than mine, I will respect that. But I'm not going to respect their opinion if it is blatantly rude towards my opinion or someone else etc. There is a difference between being honest with an opinion-that earns my respect, and being rude with an opinion- that makes me dislike you. And if you don't care that I respect or like you or not then that's a great attitude.

But I promise you, being rude gets you no where. You may lose out on a lot of great friends and experiences simply because you couldn't be nice.

Please be proud of what you have to say. And use anon wisely. Thank you.

Going on Anonymous on GAG.

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 10

• I agree totally - Anon should only be used for the personal stuff - It is not even the trolling that gets me but the slew of anon answers in "What is your favourite colour?" - An idea that has been floated about is to limit anon posts say 5 a day - This makes people think about how they use their anons. The anon has been giving too much emphasis there is nearly a question every day a theory, an idea. It has been allowed to slip in and become a thing which can be abused. There are good anons, bad anons, troll anons, Xper anons etc but what I want is for the anon just to become another opinion written and thought about like any other named opinion. One final thing you might post anon and I read it thinking I would like to get to know that person but because you are anon I can't , I am a nice guy worth knowing honestly 3 of my 6 restraining orders are misunderstandings.

• Never use anon, however i don't mind those who do.

• I've never used the Anon feature of this website.

• Personally I think I fly more or less under the radar, which suits me fine. As long as what I say actually ends up helping.

• It's not just about not being proud of what you have to say, there are legitimate privacy reasons for posting anon.
    s2.storage.snapzu.com/.../...abb98363f7_medium.jpg

• what's that anon life like?

• I'm not ashamed of my opinions. I go anonymous whenever I can because I'm not interested in having a following or socializing. I come here to consider and answer interesting questions.

That's what the site is really for, isn't it?

• I don't need to go anonymous because I already am.

• I agree; if you can't own and take responsibility of your opinions, why have an opinion?

• Agree completely. Anon is Wwwaaaaayyyyyy overused on here!

• Nice take + I saw my "name" in this take ahead of time... via my name showing up in your take's draft LOL

• ". I am proud of the way I think. I think @MistNigqa808 also never goes on anon cause he gives no fucks about what people think of his opinions. (Probably cause everyone loves him anyway).

I try to talk to people like I'd want them to talk to me. So with that being said, I don't know about y'all, but "I dont want any sugarcoated BS coming my way, which is why I dont send it yall's way now" on here.

• lol thanks and yea I had to wait 24 hours till i could post another mytake :P

and its the same with me, I dont bs anyone cause i dont want any bs in return

• "I love people like that. Like just please, be brutally honest. This site is for opinions people, come on. If you opinion is a lie then it isn't your opinion." Agreed and at times, this site is too #PC for it's' own good.

What Girls Said 2

• So what if I state my opinion and then get bullied for it? What's the use? Everyone has an opinion, it's nothing special to "be proud of". People go anonymous to not get harassed and blocked, as easy as that!

• Nice take girly!😊