FEATURED FRIDAYS: Enter To Win Double Xper Points + Be Featured On GirlsAskGuys.com!

** UPDATE: Congratulations to our winner @CHARismatic110 for her myTake sharing 5 tips for a great first date! **

Happy Monday!

I hope everyone is having a wonderful week! I want to take a quick moment to introduce myself to the community. My name is Ellen, and I am the new Chief Editor of GirlsAskGuys.com. I am so excited to get to know each and every one of you, and I can't wait to see more of what you contribute to the site! If you have any questions or site feedback, please feel free to message me whenever.

In response to everyone's submissions for the Valentine's Day contest, I am kicking off a new series for the GAG community called Featured Fridays! Each Monday we will choose a topic for our weekly contest, and users can enter by creating a myTake centered around that chosen topic. The winning myTake will be featured on the top of GirlsAskGuys.com each Friday, and the GAG user will earn double points for the featured post.

Ready to get started? This week's topic: "First Dates"

How To Participate:

Step One: Post a myTake about "first dates" (e.g. ideas for a first date, how to have a successful first date, should you kiss a girl on the first date?, etc.)

Step Two: Share the link to your myTake in the comments section below this post

1. If you only did Step 1 but not Step 2, your myTake doesn't count and will not be entered in the contest.

2. Moderation guidelines apply to these myTakes as well.

3. If the myTake is not about the weekly topic, it doesn't enter the contest.

4. Any myTakes written before the contest do not count and cannot be entered.

5. You can participate with more than one myTake. You can enter as many as you like!

How Will the Winners Be Selected?

Our admin staff will review all entries and announce the winners each Friday. The criteria will be how relevant, original, and interesting (both visually and content wise) the myTake is! How engaging the myTake is will also be a factor, so everyone be sure to "like" and comment on the myTakes you enjoy the most!

Awards for the Winners!

The top myTakes (one guy and one girl) will be featured for 24 hours at the top of GirlsAskGuys.com

Each winner will earn double myTake Xper Points for their post

So go ahead and start writing! Come up with your most creative and original myTakes about "first dates", post the link here, and get the chance to win!

Any questions? We can't wait to see your posts! Good luck!

LoveYouMeanIt is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Join the discussion

What Guys Said 9

• So, On what day do you look for the topic?

• No, I call for a boycott. We don't need the judgement of the admin council to deem our takes "worthy" of attention or "better" than someone else's. Such is antithetical to the spirit in which takes are written--not for monetary gain, but for freedom of creative expression. Takes should be for the self improvement and encouragement of the user base and not as a showing off of one's intellectual and literary abilities. A "master" editor should seek to upset the status quo and introduce important topics to engage others in debate, not amass a cult like following around his/her person.

Sincerely--FIRST EVER Editor of the Week

• Hi @pavlove! First of all, I have read all of your myTakes, and I love your articles. Similar to the way that you have been promoted as Editor and featured as Editor of the Week, this is a new way to bring the GAG community together and give other users the opportunity to be featured on the site, just like the Editor of the Week myTakes that are featured on the homepage. We have a lot of great GAG contributors, so we want everyone on the site to be inspired and share their takes. There's no hierarchy of Featured Friday winners, and no one HAS to participate - instead, it's simply a fun and engaging way to feature users in the community!

Also, the topics chosen are based off of the popular topics of our myTakes and Questions, therefore users are gaining the same information for self-improvement and encouragement. We hope to inspire the community and continue to provide users with engaging articles!

I appreciate your feedback, and I hope you can see this in a new light :)

• I've never seen editor of the week until now. I guess that's because I have never paid attention to it. Their layout has changed so much , it wheels people in and draws more attention than ever before. I think that's also one of the reasons.

• @pavlove you might not realize this as you are an editor, but all your myTakes are promoted automatically BECAUSE you are an editor. If you are not an editor, then the "admin council" already decides which myTake is "worthy of attention", that is exactly what "promoted" means. The myTakes that have an unlit lightbulb are not promoted.

The intention here is to provide motivation for people to express themselves in a given context of a competition, with additionally a reward (double xper).

• Finally, an incentive to write things. I think this is a good plan to file the community up a bit.

• I wish I concentrated more in my writing classes in childhood ;_;

• Nobody cares about this shot. Now bring back down votes.

• I like the idea!
    Even though I don't really write mytakes (I lack the experience and knowedge for giving first date advice I'd say), the contest will also benefit people like me by giving me content to read.
    This also fixes an issue I've had with GAG in the past with some posts being featured (or featured automatically from editor status) that weren't exactly quality content in my opinion. Aka they'd be lists of just things like "my personal favorite people from the tv show ____" and then they'd do like 3 mytakes like that with different tv shows.

With a topic to write about and incentive to write about it well, I hope that this will encourage quality mytakes about the subject.

Welcome to GAG chief! Hahaha

• Thanks so much! I appreciate the Welcome! :)

I'm glad to hear you like the idea! I think it will be a fun way to introduce new topics, as well as provide new content for users to read!

• Interesting... but too lazy to participate lol

What Girls Said 9