4 Reasons Why I'd Never Show Myself on GaG... 🙈

Well....as you might have noticed I've never used my pics on here. (even though I've been blocked or even called a troll because of that)...and I've been asked a lot of times ...WHY?

My reasons:

1. I have confidence issues

I have this "conflict" when it comes to my appearance :( ...that's why am never using my pics on here.

2. It's the damn internet

C'mon its the internet...who needs to prove sh** ? ๐Ÿ‘€ ...not me ๐Ÿ˜Ž

3. Talking about privacy

I won't lie..GAG is like my secret garden...and if i ever put up my pic and get recognized...hmmm nah no thanks ๐Ÿ™…

4. My choice

It's just m choice...that's it

#KeepingThingsPersonal

for my fellow GAGers who have never shown their pic on here...why you do it?

zombiebabe is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 27

yeah massive props to all the people that put their picture up, I would never have the balls to do it. then again my views can be quite controversial so I have more reason than those guys not to.

I'm with you no one wants to see this either media.giphy.com/media/26tn3PG8LriP6odDq/giphy.gif

I don't use my face as the avatar because I like rotating the avatar with different stuff, but I keep a pic of me on my profile! ☺

With number 3 protecting your privacy is never fully guaranteed anyways. The NSA has looked through lots of ppl's privacy's from many different websites. And with hackers being able to get info through any websites where someone has to have an account and a password they usually only go and hack famous people's account or even the gov account not some random joe shmoe.

Meh.

This is is suppose to be a discussion group where we help each other out! Appearance should not matter. Input is more important so posting a picture is not necessary.

Well... I'm a n00b here, so.. It's a good way of showing people how I commonly react to things on the interwebz. 😅

Amen zombiebabe :)

Nobody needs to know about my appearance, not on GAG, not on Steam, not on the internet.

2 and 3 are my reasons for not doing it.

Nice Take, but I'm sure you look great anyway ;)

You broke my dreams 😭😭😭😭😭

I had a previous account and I showed myself on it once, I got roasted like a bag of peanuts, and decided it will be a while until I do again.

oh am sorry to hear about that

it happens, everybody to their own I reckon. I just decided that I am not going to be roasted again. if somebody wants to know what I look like then they can rather arrange other means of pictures other than on this wall.

I think that for girls, it's a lot different for guys. Girls are so much more likely to get stalkers etc just because they're female. It happens on GAG enough, without mentioning other social media.

Guys aren't quite so prone to this. In my case, I've put up some pics of the real me. Some are recent, others are about 8-10 years old. I've posted my real name on more than one occasion. I've posted the name of the town I live in. These aren't big secrets for me.

Luckily, I'm big enough and ugly enough to look after myself!! :-o

I don't want everyone to know I'm really Batman

well the only pictures I post are of my junk..

I wish i could go back and never post a pic of myself on here.

I'd never show my "true" face. But if I ever showed any "face" at all, it is never going to be my "true" face. Besides, y'all strangers to me and since I'm not obligated to ID myself unlike when going to a bar or something to buy liquor or being stopped and pulled over by a police officer, then WHY THE FUCK would I ever or should I ever show my "true" face?

You're probably hot ;)

soooooo can i see what you look like?

I can't argue any of them - I actually was pushed myself to have my pic because I was conscious of my age on the site and that 35 + people are the minority and as you get older they get fewer. How true that is I don't know but that was my reason for having a pic to develop trust.

• More from Guys
    7

What Girls Said 19

Personally I like having my photo up bc I feel very pretty. I didn't put a picture up until about a month ago, at which point I felt very proud because I got to prove the people who had said "you're probably ugly and no guy would ever want to date or bang you" wrong.

I've show my face here once or twice, but I prefer to not have my face as my profile for the reasons you listed above. lol.

People keep asking me for pics of myself as well. I only won't do it because I'm a teacher and no other reason. I don't want to find out one of my students is on here because I teach high school and I'm not that much older than them.

I can sign off on all of these - more or less. =)

Not really on the confidence issue, but more on the others. more privacy than anything else. it's the internet, afterall, just like you said. xD

I used to have my own pics as my dp, got me most of my followers.
    Now that I'm established I don't really care... muhahahaha.

I only showed my face on my profile for about a week. Now I shall keep it with my anime picture. :D

Your number one reason is my reason. If I felt hotter Id have a pic of me but I dont. Im not very photogenic 🙁

When you have a career the dumbest thing is to put your picture online especially if you dont have PC opinions that will ruin you. Plus, privacy ya know thats important.

So there's no photo of you on the internet? Or you just want to avoid people from social media to identify your gag identity?

mostly cuz i use this account to joke around :P i didn't post a pic up at first and when people asked i was like 'nahhhhh'. i'll post a pic when i'm leaving, so y'all can put a legend to a face but i won't feel weird about it cuz i'll b gone XD

i'm 2 and 4, i'm not insecure and i'm not worried about privacy cuz no one ik hangs out on the English side of the internet XD

I am just actually scared someone sees my profile that actually knows me LOL

Same reasons except #1. No I am not full of myself but as far as my looks go, I have been called "gorgeous", "beautiful", "cute", "pretty", "knock out", etc. But in all honesty, I don't care what people think of my appearance. Especially when it comes to clothes lol I dressed like a pirate when I went to the store for no reason once. Personality is why people like me anyways, so why does t matter what I look like? I am also very stubborn so if anybody wants me to "prove" anything like that, I won't do it because I think it's stupid.

All these points make sense! Though I'm sure you're hot and 1 shouldn't be an issue :P but yeah I get it, I just don't care I guess so that's why I use my pics.

Yes! "I won't lie.. GAG is like my secret garden... and if i ever put up my pic and get recognized... hmmm nah no thanks " YES!!! Haha. I've answered one too many sex questions in detail to ever be recognized here.

I didn't put my picture up when I was a minor being creeped on, and I'm not doing it now either because that rotting corpse frees me of a lot.

And when it comes to #1, I'm sure you're bangin :) But animated corpses unite!!!

anonymity. the reason i can speak freely is bc no one knows who i am. also i dont want to run into someone on the street with my relatives or friends or on campus or at work and unwittingly run into someone who I don't know but they now me bc who saw my pic and is like 'hey !

' i know you from gag.. so why DONT you like anal sex?'
    ' how come you wouldn't look at my dick pic'
    ' so hows it going with whats his face did you ask him out '
    'did you break up with him'
    'are you friends still annoying you'
    ' you're that asshole who's always telling everyone what she thinks'
    'you still like to tie guys up'?

or whatever.

I totally understand 2, 3, and 4 but I've seen you and you are stunningly beautiful. I hope that one day #1 isn't a reason for you.

when I came to gag I never showed my face but I'll probably show a different pic that's not my face

pretty much insecurity really big ya...
    people say im beautiful and pretty but i dont c it sometimes honestly :/ and this happened today a person said that that made my day thats all that matters :)

I don't either usually. Occasionally it might be me for a few seconds if someone I have gotten to know for a whileeeee ask. But I would rather someone talk to me, like my opinion, whatever because they genuinely like my thoughts as opposed to "she's hot, let me message her/upvote". Not that I'm some gorgeous thing reaching a 15 on the 0 to 10 scale, but I don't think I'm the most unattractive thing out there. And I have had the same thing as you with guys on here. One guy was like "hey, picture?" So knowing where that conversation was going I asked "why is that important?" His response "I don't talk to ugly people". Well... I don't waste time, energy, boring conversation on shallow people. So he was super angry, cussed me out, called me ugly, and blocked me lol. Oh well, can't please everyone, I'm not here to win the popularity contest = )