• Ask
  • myTake

Why are guys so mean to me?

I notice when I talk to certain guys (who are known to be silly), they're mean to me. Not in a cruel, down-right insulting way, but in a joking way.... Show More

Most Helpful Opinion

• In high school, that is how I a lot of guys like to flirt...by making fun of you. When I graduated, a lot of the guys that made fun of me the most admitted to their crush on me. Plus, making fun of a girl seems a lot easier than just trying to win them over with charming comments(something they haven't mastered...and might not ever master). Guys think this is cool because they can impress their friends by bragging about getting a rise out of girl by picking a fight with her. At the same time, they get a thrill out of having the power to do so and just like being around you because they think you are hot. All of this is a win win situation for them. The guy likes you, it is a classic example of it. When he makes fun of you, do it right back to him. Don't do it mean ways,just silly. Being able to take what he can dis out will when you props from him and his friends. Then, they will really start to think you are awesome. Trust me.

• Thank you! :). That's what I had been thinking, but I can't exactly rely on myself sometimes.

What Guys Said 3

• Him leaning on his drink doesn't mean anything, me and my friend go eat at steak & shake and when I sip my drink he sips his and I sometimes catch myself sipping my drink right when he's about to sip his. When I'm at my the movies with my other friend sometimes we reach into the bag of popcorn at the same time. It doesn't mean anything, we're not gay, and a lot of times this happens because of the converstion, when you're eating and talking it's good to just take a bite when the other person does or sip your drink when the other person does so you're not talking with your mouth full and so you can have a conversation normally. Otherwise one person will say something and the other will still be chewing, or will be sipping and unable to answer.

• Most of them will tease

• You can expect that from guys.

What Girls Said 3

• Guys tease like that. But if it's starting to really affect you negatively, you should probably work on a way of getting respect from them. It worked for me in high school by being my own self and playing hard to get. I had my areas of openness and my areas of reserve. If they pushed my buttons too far, they would never hear from me again! After that I wasn't an "easy" chick to get lol. It was a challenge for guys and they seemed to like it. I've worked more on it and found that balance between charming and not being afraid to tell em off when I have to. I get the guys I like and I'm happy :-)You gotta know where you stand, girl. Good luck!

• honestly, these guys just sound immature. but some just joke around with you as a way of getting to know you. I would just start doing it right back to them!

• That's what I do. :). It makes things fun!