Why do I never get cat called?

I'm a 17-year-old girl and never have I ever gotten catcalled in my life. I've gotten asked out on a date by a guy one time, and that's the only guy who's ever asked me out (I wasn't even interested in him). I wear nice clothes, makeup, do my hair, have confidence, yet nobody ever approaches me. I'm not fat, not short nor tall, and I have curves. The only few people who have ever called me "pretty" are all girls I'm friends with. But guys never have crushes on me or seem like they're interested in me. I live near a bigger city and apparently all my girlfriends who go there always get catcalled or approached by guys. Not saying I want to get with creeper guys, but at least it means they're attractive. I'm supposed to be at the peak of my attractiveness if I'm 17.

Am I just really ugly if I've NEVER been catcalled in my life or flirted/approached by random guys? Why don't I ever get catcalled? Am I hopelessly ugly/unattractive to men? :/

Most Helpful Girl

• No, no, no. It does not mean you are ugly or anything. You need to just have the attitude that says that you are positive and comfortable with yourself. If you do not display this the ya won't get attention. So you live in the city..But do you walk places often? Because whenever I walk anywhere, I will normally get a look or a name thrown at me or somethin. But be confident!

0/2500

Send It!

What Guys Said 8

• I think you might have been catcalled before, but because your not interested in those type of guys you just brush it off and not think much about it.

I've seen all kind of girls being called out by guys, some more then others, but still being called out to.

• Well depends on your look. If you look more on a cuter side, you won't get catcalled as much. If you look more hot, the cats are gonna come meowing.

Or it could be that you're so beautiful that all the guys think you're out of their league, especially if you exhibit a cocky type of confidence.

Also, do you ever flirt? Most of the time, a guy won't make a move until he sees some kind of sign.

• It is likely either the way you are dressed, or your body language. Also your friends that are getting all this attention could be lying to you, about how much attention they are getting.

• I'm not one to even consider showing attraction to other girls, but I'm beginning to develop more mature and realistic expectations to you gals ;) Just because I don't get much attention from them doesn't mean I'm not unlovable and an inferior person. Other people have issues too, and people are naturally attracted to confident outgoing people, however if your reticent and aloof, your not going to inspire cat calls from other people.

• doesn't you are ugly or anything there is lots of factors like catcalling and stuff like that is not common everywhere and if I guy thinks you out of his league he most likely won't aproach. you could be really hot and/or cute to most guy where you live or he might come off as bitchy and/or unfriendly. although if you live in a big city or bigger city catcalling is prob very common. also italykam's could help

• It will happen, but not right , trust youself

• I doubt it you fit my standards ;D

• i never have either, but I still think I'm attractive =)

• you're a guy though! no offense, not saying you're not attractive but it's usually girls who get catcalled by guys, and the other way around is not as common. it doesn't mean there's anything wrong with you. I'm a girl though, so it must mean something is wrong with me.

• I have no idea... I don't mean this in a jealous way but even though my friends are pretty, I don't think they're particularly pretty. And even though I don't think I'm pretty, I don't think I'm particularly ugly either.

• well since you are a girl your life is likely to be easier, but I mean I don't think you should EXPECT everything to come to you like that...just imho

What Girls Said 5

• Ummm...17 is NOT the peak of ones attractiveness.Maybe yours if YOU think it is.And there may be other reasons why your friends are getting catcalls like...what are they dressed like?Are they dressed provocatively?Maybe guys are too intimidated by your beauty to give you cat calls...maybe they think you are out of their league?Who knows! Just be the best you and not worry about something like this.

• im 16 and have been cat called. mostly by old creepy construction guys and even by a few car mechanics. Its usually very creepy, but a few guy my age maybe a little older have done it to me and I get the feeling that it makes you feel better I guess but I find it annoying after a while. I'm sure guys probably ooh and awe at you, maybe you just don't notice it :)

• Well you're gorgeous so I can imagine why :) But yeah, maybe they do it occasionally and I just don't notice it!

• aw thanks :) and yeah you just gotta be aware :)

• Honey don't worry I I'm a freshie in highschool and have gotten cat called at least 3 times, and I cover my self a lot. I think they just pick people who they know will blush or get emberrased. They just know that they can not get to you. Honestly it's not as flatering as it may seem even if they are your age its pretty creepy.

• Please, please, please believe me that cat-calling is NOT a compliment. Guys don't cat-call girls because they think they're attractive, they do it to make girls feel powerless and degraded. Ugly girls get cat-called, fat girls get cat-called, depending on what neighborhood you're walking through you will get cat-called no matter what you are wearing or look like. The kind of guys who cat-call are low-class guys who don't respect women or think of them as people but only think of them as objects for them to use or humiliate. Sure, the guys may say things that out of context sound like compliments (such as "you're beautiful") but the intention is ENTIRELY to make you feel like you are theirs to comment on, judge, and bully. I beg you to read STFU Catcallers if you want to know what it really feels like, and count yourself incredibly lucky that you haven't been disrespected in this way.

• Yes, but getting catcalled it's not as flattering as you would think. It's more annoying than anything, but if you really want it, show a lot of skin. Your body is the only reason their talking to you. I myself have only been approached once or twice, but I've noticed it's in an environment when there aren't a lot of other people, and I'm not with a lot of my friends. I suppose it is so if I turned them down, less people would know about it. Girls who get approached all the time attract guys who are very confident, which is why it's common for very pretty girls to get approached all the time because it's the very confident and attractive guys that they attract.

The fact that your not approached very much doesn't mean that guys don't like you, it's just that the guys that do aren't confident enough to say it.