My boyfriend farts a lot. How can I get him to stop?

So in the beginning of my boyfriend and I's relationship (we've been together for a little over 2 months), I accidentally let one rip, and not to sound graphic, but it was one of those I just couldn't hold in. So he laughs and goes, "So, it's going to be that kind of relationship, huh?" Now whenever we're together, we'll fart and it's no big deal, but there are times where I KNOW he's forcing them out. Like he'll be sitting in his computer chair and I can totally see him lift his leg up and he just laughs. I mean, it's one thing to just wanting it to pass and you can't hold it in, but it's another to force it out. I realize farting and burping are total natural parts of life, but it gets to be a bit much when I KNOW he's forcing it out to be funny or something.Is there any way I can get him to stop doing it? I mean, he farts a lot. We're not talking just a couple times a day. I mean, it isn't so bad to where I can't stand to be around him, but it's like, really now? Would it help if I just ignored the fact that he does fart? If I did that, would he eventually just stop? I've called him out on it several times and he just thinks it's funny and/or has said he had to fart and doesn't know why he's farting so much. But I know he's trying to be comical.

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• Congratulations!You're dating a juvenile brat!The bigger an issue you make of this, the more he'll shove it in your face (so to speak). There's no way you can get him to stop doing it. It's how he is. Now the question is: Do you want to date a chronic farter? What if he keeps this up for the next 30 years? It's possible: My boss is 58 years old, and he laughs uproariously at his own farts.

What Guys Said 1

• Why not just try beating him at his own game? Try to out fart him whenever he does? lol. C'mon just have and have fun with it. He'll probably love you even more for it. I think I would, I'm not a big fart guy though lol. However, if you are trying to have a serious moment and he does it, those are when I think you need to tell him to hold them in.

What Girls Said 1

• If it seriously bothers you, then tell him next time you don't like it and make sure he sees that you are serious about it. If he still doesn't stop then give him the silent treatment for a while and maybe then he will take you seriously.