Is this shy guy jealous?

I think a guy likes me, but he is too shy. He saw me with another guy /we were alone, but not on a date/ and he didn't acknowledge me, he didn't say hi, he didn't even look at me. The shy guy was even looking at his feet while we were walking by, but I noticed that he seemed to listen to our conversation or at least during the few seconds he was walking near us. Anyways, a few days later I talked to him. I initiated the conversation, he was answering back with one-word answers and he was giving me the cold shoulder. Do you think that he is jealous or simply not interested?

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• Yep, just answered a question about modern dating... this fits the bill.I'm shy, and live online, and know how this goes when I'm out in the real world. Women seem more important than they really are if you don't watch out. That's not to insult you. I'm saying he's blown you up in his head, and now feels like he made a mistake.Shy guys' crushes are tentative. We don't want to screw up and say the wrong thing, so we usually don't interact as much as we should when we meet a girl we like. Then when we do interact, every positive turn makes our little hearts flip and jump around like a happy puppy. When he saw you with the other guy, his hopes were dashed. Thought you had a relationship going on with the other guy, felt ostracized. The key with a shy guy is letting him know he isn't going to be taken so seriously as he takes himself, in a kind-hearted, respectful way... but he might need to be snapped out of it with some flirting and teasing, at this point.

What Guys Said 6

• He's mad at himself because he knows if he woyld have made a move, it could have been him out with you and not some other dude. I know that game well :/

• Not enough information, but from the looks of it, if I like a girl and I see her with another guy, I would be tempted to give her the cold shoulder too (my teenage self talking here), but you know what? Being much older now, I seriously wouldn't give a sh*t, id go up to her and flirt with her right in front of that other guy and treat him like he's not even there (my early twenties talking here). but you know what? I;d go up to her smile and then introduce myself to other guy and find out how they are affliated, like siblings, in a relationshiop? if not, then id flirt with her right in front of him and peace out (me right now talking right now)

• Well he looked down originally because he didn't want a confrontation, he didn't want to talk to that guy and he didn't want to interrupt your fun. He evidently does like you but now he's too shy to make a move because he thinks you're taken and doesn't want to make it awkward.He is neither jealous or not interested, he's simply shy and courteous. If you like him you'd have to make a move.

• most likely jealousy... or either really creepy

• He is clearly jealous. "Usually the quiet guy is the one is the one that really wants to take care of a girl."

• Possibly interested just shy and jealous that combination will do it you gotta keep talking to him.

What Girls Said 1

• I think he's jealous because my ex does the same to me when he saw me talking to another guy. He gets over it after a couple of weeks tho and start talking to me again. Guys are weird.