I hit my girlfriend and now she's scared of me?

My girlfriend of 5 years and I got into a really BIG argument. This was because I saw her and a guy friend of hers talking, and they seemed to be flirting. When we got home I was pissed which lead to the argument. We were yelling and screaming at each other, but she did it the most. She told me there was nothing between them. I guess out of jealousy and anger I did the worst thing in my whole life.

I hit her hard in her arm and I held her throat and grabbed her. I pushed her against the wall and began to kiss her neck aggressively. Then I pinned her down on the bed, and I shamefully was about to rape her. She was crying so much and telling me to stop, I didn't rape her but instead Continued to hit her!

I realised all the mistake I had done, and regretted it. She went it to the bath room to hide from me I opened the door of the bathroom to find her sitting inside the bath tub, with her arms holding her legs and she was crying. When I came to her, to touch her and say sorry, she told me to get away and I could see she was afraid of me. Then she quickly got up and ran. I tried to chase her to apologise but she had already gone. I've tried to ring her and text her to apologise but she won't answer or reply. I've tried giving her gifts.

I am deepfully sorry for everything I did to her during that moment. I know I was wrong. I know I am responsible for my actions. I know she has every right to leave me. We've been together for 5 years and I have never since laid my hand on her til that night. I don't want it to end, I love her so much. It was a big mistake that I regret doing. I know I will never ever in my life lay my hand on a woman again. I think that the end of this relationship may have come, but I don't want it to cos she is everything to me. I ask even just for forgiveness from her. But I know without her, I would rather die than not be with her.

What should I do?

Most Helpful Girl

• Ok first, fuck you.
    2nd of course she won t come back to you and i sure hope she won t!
    3rd you need to go to a specialist and learn how to control yourself.
    Once you lay a hand on a woman it s very probable that you ll do it again. And if she forgives you, (i don t think she will) you ll never understand the gravity of what you did. You ll it easier next time.
    Anyway i wish tou luck, everyone makes mistakes, some bigger than others, but i sure hope that you ll learn from it.

Most Helpful Guy

• Not throwing blame or anything around, but after that, I think it's probably best for both of you if you call it a day. She's not going to trust you for a while, and if she does accept you back it will hurt her deeply inside. Meanwhile the regret and shame will probably eat at you, untill you resent that she makes you feel that way, or your actions dont seem so bad any more.
    Either way it's not healthy for either of you.
    You need not to be in a relationship which can make you act like that. She needs not to fear that it will happen again.

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 5

• The relationship ending should be the least of your concerns, you should be more worried if whether or not she's at the police station filling a report against you.

• It's too late. You don't want it to end? It ended the moment you put a hand on her.
    You're sorry? It's too late for that.

Remember what I'm about to tell you for the rest of your life my friend, actions can't be taken back. You can apologize till you die, but it won't take back what you did. Maybe you do truly feel sorry, but she is entitled to (in my opinion, quite rightly) to never forgive you. You committed a big mistake, and the worst part is you have to carry it with you for the rest of your life.

My Advice:
    Leave the poor girl alone. You had your chance and you showed her a part of life no woman should ever have to experience. I never wish bad upon anyone, but remember, everyone recieves their punishment eventually.

P. s. Don't go searching for another relationship until you learn to control yourself and stay within your limits. It'll just ruin the life of another poor woman

• The trust is gone. She can't stay with you.

• The way you described it seemed harsh on your part. No offense, but I personally think its over between the two of you. Since she can't forgive you, no matter how hard you try, then there is no point of trying anymore. I would not even be surprised if she called the police or filed a report against you.

• You should tell us where you live.