What does she mean she wants space?

what does it exactly mean when a girl says she wants space. I feel like she doesn't have the balls to break up with me thinking how its gonna hurt me. so I was trying to help her by saying if you want to just break up or really just space. she said not breaking up needs space to prioritize with school and just getting a second job.

so I'm just asking girls if you tell a guy you need space what does it typically mean?

Most Helpful Girl

• No she doesn't want to break up with you other wise she would do it. she just needs space meaning you are probably to clingy. If she's saying she needs to focus on other stuff my suggestion would be give her that space. Hangout with some of your other friends, don't always hangout w her. Let her text you/call you first. It may be really hard especially if you really like her but she is just feeling suffocated. That's what girls mean when they say they need space. it never means break up. Breaking up terms would be "i like us better as friends" or "lets take a break" could possibly mean she wants to break up. But it sounds like she just needs to focus on other things.